Old is New RC10 ready for battle

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Seabass
Business Member

Old is New RC10 ready for battle

Post by Seabass »

Hey guys after going through my Old is New build and changing a couple things, the electrics are back in and the car is ready for the club race on Sat. Installed a Tekin RS, 10.5 brushless motor, high speed Savox servo, and my Airtronics 2.4ghz M11.

Threw a battery in it and ran it in front of the house to double check the install. With no boost/timing/turbo dialed in, the car was pulling wheelies. The car is super quick. Now I just need to make sure I can put that power to the ground on the track.

Hopefully I can get someone to film the main for me. it is a field of 9 TLR 22s and a couple B4.1s. Should be a fun time. Disregard the rusty screws and the mismatched turnbuckles:cry: . The car has been sitting in my garage for several months and I have not around to replacing all of them. I ordered my new turnbuckles but they are not in yet :mrgreen:

Johnny, here is the tub you sent me, worked out perfect, thank you.

bearrickster
Approved Member

Re: Old is New RC10 ready for battle

Post by bearrickster »

WOW Jake that looks great now send it to me I will send you a whole box of parts, I am building mine out of. :lol: :lol: no really I am so out of motovation with these RC10's yours looks great
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

mikea96

Post by mikea96 »

That looks awesome Jake! Can't wait to see a video of it.

Seabass
Business Member

Post by Seabass »

Rick I know what you mean about building these cars. There is so much you can do to them it gets quite confusing on which direction to go. Good luck on your buggy, I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Stay away from the Kyosho Velvets I used for this one. The shocks are super smooth but they are expensive. Even springs are stupid prices.

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

Looks sweet! Paint job is a cool idea too. Should have plenty of power for sure with the 10.5. Video or it didn't happen... :lol: :mrgreen:

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

I already have a set of B4.1 shocks and slipper. I am not going to give up its just hard to build a rc10 with a garage full of Losi parts :lol: and everything is so much more expensive. I have bought whole parts cars for what I paid for the few modern parts for this one. :lol: but the chassis is off to get reanodised I cant wait till it comes back that will be enought motovation when nit comes back.
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

rc10johnny
Approved Member

Post by rc10johnny »

Another great build Jake!!!!

soniccj5
Approved Member

Post by soniccj5 »

Great work!!

I run mine with a 10.5 and it can move. I had a guy last week during practice say it looked like it handled as well as the new buggies. I contribute some of the better handling to some great A-arms I got last month.

ED

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

Cool Jake, thanks for sharing. After my shock debacle with Associated's poor quality I was going to do the Kyosho Velvet route, but wow they are really expensive!

Seabass
Business Member

Post by Seabass »

No races today but I got a chance to turn several laps. The car was running pretty good and I was able to get the car to hook up towards the end of the day. Unfortunately my ESC started acting up and I decided to park it. Not sure what is going on with the ESC but I am little bummed about it. Cogging super bad, absolutly no power. I will looking into the ESC problem. At least my Short Bus 10 was running strong :lol:.

PBR Allstar
Approved Member

Post by PBR Allstar »

bigjeepzz wrote:No races today but I got a chance to turn several laps. The car was running pretty good and I was able to get the car to hook up towards the end of the day. Unfortunately my ESC started acting up and I decided to park it. Not sure what is going on with the ESC but I am little bummed about it. Cogging super bad, absolutly no power. I will looking into the ESC problem. At least my Short Bus 10 was running strong :lol:.

can't tell what motor is in there Jake but first check the sensor wire, after that test a different motor, as I've had similar issues throughout the years and and it's always been either a sensor wire, or the sensor board in the motor (EPIC D1 & D2 based motors, as well as the first run novak Ballistics had a lot of sensor board failures)

Seabass
Business Member

Post by Seabass »

I was just checking the setup and I think you are right. I had a cheap Hobby King motor in the car and just noticed the sensor port is loose, big time. It was not like that when I installed the stuff in the car. I just ordered a new motor. I was getting worried because when it started acting up my ESC got warm.

I am going to tear into the motor to see if i can fix it. More on this once I get the new motor in. I sure hope I didn't f@$$ that ESC up.

foots
Approved Member

Post by foots »

Jake good meeting and talking to you yesterday. After seeing your car I'm really kicking myself for getting rid of my stuff, oh well. Say you got the front end hooking up? Too bad, I see myself dropping another spot in the next race,lol. All kidding aside your car looked really good other than that little push you had. I think some of the local front runners are gonna have there hands full with you next race. See you in a couple of weeks hopefully.

Seabass
Business Member

Post by Seabass »

Thanks James, after you left, I started putting in some really good laps with the car before it started acting up. I averaged 16 sec lap times torward the end of the day. Looking at the previous weekend results, I am right there with the front of the pack.

foots
Approved Member

Post by foots »

bigjeepzz wrote:Thanks James, after you left, I started putting in some really good laps with the car before it started acting up. I averaged 16 sec lap times torward the end of the day. Looking at the previous weekend results, I am right there with the front of the pack.

Hey it's Jeff but I've been called a lot worse..lol