Help sorting out my XX's

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Burniefloyd
Approved Member

Help sorting out my XX's

Post by Burniefloyd »

I picked up a Losi XX and some parts cars after reading through the threads and seeing the appreciation everyone seems to have for it. My last Losi was a JRXT I had as a kid. I loved that truck and still have it today. While I am not the best driver or a racer I still like the fact the car could be competitive today if driven by someone other than me lol.

What I think I got is a complete XX and got 3 parts cars to go along with it. I have been trying to do my own research but after a few days my head is starting to spin trying to sort of the differences in the variations from XX to CR. I am hoping you guys can help confirm what I have and help me figure out what belongs where. I think I have 3 complete rides and I plan to drive em so any configuration suggestions are always welcome

Here are some pics and what I think I may have. From left to right I think I have an XX CR with the dual slipper. Next looks like a straight XX with a slipper clutch (I took the slipper off the 4th car when I first started tinkering). I think the 3rd car is also an XX with a graphite chassis\upgrades and a hydradrive. I think the 4th car is an XXT which originally has a regular slipper clutch on it. I know I read one of the ways to tell XX vs CR is the rear arms, would the XXT be the CR version based on the arms? If so which transmission should it have come with?

Well here are the pics, I hope you like 'em as much as I already do!
Attachments
resized top.JPG
resized bottom.JPG
resized CR2.JPG
resized xx.JPG
resized graphite.JPG
resized graphite side.JPG
resized xxt.JPG
resized xxt back.JPG
Self described chronic hobbyist

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Re: Help sorting out my XX's

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

THE TRUCK IS THE FIRST XXT with the plastic sliders and came with the 2.61 trans.Buggy uses 2.19 but you can run either trans in either car.Nice collection to clean up and get running but getn hard find the parts already.I have xxtcr and 6 xx xxcrs in my minashery of cars.Don

Hofmanic

Post by Hofmanic »

Nice collection you got there should be able to make 2 xx runners from that.

I think it's kinda hard to tell if one of the buggy started of as a cr because of all the broken parts that have been replaced in the years the cars existed.

these are the diferences i know about the Double X and the CR correct me if im wrong :

Cr compared to XX the CR came with the front bulkhead brace. The CR had extra holes in the front arms for the sway bar early XX didnt. The servo deck top of the cr had a bump to connect the battery strap and ofcourse the whole rear suspension was different with the pivot block the arms and the CR hubs. I think all cars came with hydra drives except the kinwald edition. I think the easiest way to see the diff is the chassis because the standerd xx came with the 'STD' chassis and the CR came with the 'L' i believe. If you look at my XX it has all the CR upgrades so you would think its a CR but my chassis is still the STD. Hope it helped a little.

If you clean them up and rebuild them you'll end up with 2 nice looking XX's and a nice XXT

slapshot1979
Approved Member

Post by slapshot1979 »

xx and kinwald had 3 hole front shock tower. cr had 4 holes.
Rear a-arm pivot block on xx was moulded into the t-plate.
cr and kinwald had separate as pictured in your 3rd picture.
Sleeps with a night light on, not because he's scared of the dark but because the dark is scared of him...........stay thirsty my friends

jamin
Approved Member

Post by jamin »

Hofmanic wrote: I think the easiest way to see the diff is the chassis because the standerd xx came with the 'STD' chassis and the CR came with the 'L' i believe.
The buggy never came with anything other than the STD chassis, it was the truck that had 2 different length chassis. The original XXT came with a Long (L) chassis, then the CR version had the extra-long (XL) version.

TBH the main difference with the CR for both buggy and truck was simply the rear suspension. Non CR had the rear toe in all in the hubs, where as the CR had inboard toe-in on the actual wishbones pivots rather than in the hubs.

Burniefloyd
Approved Member

Post by Burniefloyd »

Wow this is great information. Thank you all for your help. My head was starting to spin reading through all the XX post and looking at the pictures.

I am going to clean them up as 2 buggies and a truck. I just wanted to try to keep them as accurate as possible. Once I get them up and running I will post some pictures. Thanks Again!
Self described chronic hobbyist