Greetings from Barnhart, MO

Forum rules, site questions/comments, new member introductions.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

rallysquirrel

Greetings from Barnhart, MO

Post by rallysquirrel »

Hi,

So I was talking to my friend at work and it came out we both had old RC cars. He said there was a track just down the road that we could go to at lunch. It was quickly determined that a nicad sitting for 20 years just isn't any good. We bought new batteries and went to the track. Then we found out that we couldn't run together because our radios were on the same frequency. Bummer as it would have been cool to see his Frog and my RC10 run at te same time. It was a good thing as neither one of us is any good driving so one drove and the other one could put the car back on the track or turned it right side up. Or, in my case pull it back from any obstacle as my RC10 doesn't have reverse.

Somebody came up to me and asked why I was running a classic, it should be on a shelf. Hey, it's what I have and I'm going to run it. Anyway, he said check out this board. So I did and here I am. Just learning a lot about my car, such as it's an Edinger "A". There is so much useful information here.

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Re: Greetings from Barnhart, MO

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

yes and welcome,theres tons to learn and im still learning here for years lol don

rallysquirrel

Post by rallysquirrel »

Thanks. I'm wanting to my car running better. It's pretty pokey, the motor is tired. I need to figure out what I want to do, just replace the brushed motor with same or go brushless and deal with the issues that'll create.

updated: decided to stay as is and just replaced the motor with another brushed motor.

Momo5
Approved Member

Post by Momo5 »

Welcome to the board! I'm from your neck of the woods, Imperial MO. I moved to Springfield MO a few years ago though.

integra22t
Approved Member

Post by integra22t »

nice to meet ya

ive also got a rc10 i want to take out to a couple of tracks with the the old set up first to see how it will keep up to the new motors .. maybe tear the car down and rebuild to see if there is any problems

also post some pict up so we can see