Cool package on the new Dremel accesories.

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Cool package on the new Dremel accesories.

Post by justinspeed79 »

Well I've actually had some free time to work on some of my projects lately, which is cool. I got my Championship Edition all together, Just need a body now, and I am almost done with my white GT. Today while working on the GT I ran out of 4-40 nuts, so I decided to run down to Lowe's to get some. While I was there I decided to check out the Dremel's. I have been contemplating getting a new one for a while. They had the 10.8 volt Lithium-Ion cordless on sale for $30 off, which brought it right under $50. I checked out the Stylus too, but I really don't care for the design much, and I didn't think it would be powerful enough. So between the price and my doubts for the Stylus, I went with the 10.8. It seems pretty nice, although a little bigger than I would like. I haven't used it yet, but it had a partial charge out of the box, and it seemed to scream pretty good on top end lol. I also checked out the new E-Z lock system, and the new cut-off wheels. So I ended up getting the E-Z lock starter set with the metal cut-off wheels. Now here's the really cool part.... there is an RC10CE on the back of the E-Z lock box! I thought that was pretty cool, especially since I just finished up my CE. In the same picture there is also what appears to be a Kyosho, or maybe Tamiya, tranny. There is also a partial tube chassis that looks like it may actually be for the RC10.

Well anyway, I just thought I would share that. I think it's pretty cool that a main-stream company like Dremel is obviously marketing their products to the R/C crowd, and the vintage crowd at that. I have seen stuff like a cheesy little wire controlled car on a soldering iron package, but this seemed big to me for some reason lol. :D

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Re: Cool package on the new Dremel accesories.

Post by templeofspeed »

Of course now there will be a new surge of people looking for vintage RC10's that hadn't thought about them until they saw the Dremel box... not that it's good or bad.

I'm gonna drop in and look for myself. 8)

Maybe a good time to build some cars out of the junk piles... :|

Tadracket
Approved Member

Re: Cool package on the new Dremel accesories.

Post by Tadracket »

I can see where you are coming from. I love seeing RC cars pop up in everyday things like commercials or tv shows. I think it gives more legitimacy to what we do instead of people saying, "Oh, you play with RC cars."

They freak out when you tell them you have a grand in one car. I hear a lot, that was more than my first real car cost.
He's an idiot. Comes from upbringing. His parents are probably idiots too.