RC10 "Infinito"

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Rayzerp
Approved Member

RC10 "Infinito"

Post by Rayzerp »

Named after my new Bianchi bicycle this is the first rough mock-ups of what will be my new runner, building on what I have learned and liked/disliked about my WOIN car that I have been running occasionally for nearly a year now.
The car will be based on a LWB truck chassis/noseplate with big jeepz arms. The front end is the usual with B4 carriers/steering blocks however I want to be able to use the truck front end without butchering the front of the body so I have mocked up a front tower from some scrap plastic that works with the truck bulkhead but will not need any trimming of the body beyond what a standard buggy front end would need. This is tricky to achieve due to the ammount of material that can be left to strengthen the tower outside the nose tubes while not restricting suspension movement but i am now confident that this will work. Once I have finalised the design I will have it made in 3mm carbon by fibrelyte.
The rear end is very much WIP and I may in the end revert to Dynotech arms but the current mock up is showing promise. One of the secondhand arms that I had was broken at the outer pivot point so I had nothing to loose in modifying them. I redrilled the outer pivot more inboard which allows the use of unmodified B44 hubs (allowwing much more camber link options) along with B4 CVA`s while retaining the same track width as my WOIN car. For the inner camber link I have used aftermarket B4 alloy front camber blocks that i have bolted to a trimmed down old bulkhead that again had seen better days. The alloy blocks fit perfect around the gearbox and allow for spacers to be added for roll centre adjustment.
The car will run big bore shocks (currently being mocked up with yokomo) along with VTS slipper, shorty lipo, Detanator body etc. basically i want to make the car look as standard as possible at first glance but with as much new tech squeezed in as possible.
Has anybody tried a similar approach with the rear end...if so will it work?
Attachments
20131231_145618.jpg
20131231_145618.jpg (67.01 KiB) Viewed 2214 times
20131231_145618.jpg
20131231_145618.jpg (67.01 KiB) Viewed 2214 times
20131231_145631.jpg
20131231_145626.jpg
20131231_145626.jpg (113.06 KiB) Viewed 2214 times
20131231_145626.jpg
20131231_145626.jpg (113.06 KiB) Viewed 2214 times
20131231_145642.jpg
20131231_145652.jpg

teman
Approved Member

Re: RC10 "Infinito"

Post by teman »

I dig that rear camber link mod 8)
-Kevin

Rayzerp
Approved Member

Post by Rayzerp »

Thanks....it's made by Cream in the UK and intended for use with a carbon plate front shock tower on a B4. A dremel, old parts bin and too much time on your hands at Xmas can be dangerous but I think this works :D

RC104ever
Approved Member

Post by RC104ever »

I am wondering if that rear camber link mod would actually improve your handling somewhat? Or would there be little to no effect? Very cool either way!
- Chris
Lots of cars...so many cars

Rayzerp
Approved Member

Post by Rayzerp »

Not sure on the handling front but combined with the B44 hub carriers I will at least have the ability to adjust the rear roll centre......on my WOIN car with RPM carriers and stock bulkhead I had no adjustment.
Probably will just give me more scope to screw up the handling!! :D

Rayzerp
Approved Member

Post by Rayzerp »

Cut down the chassis sides to 20mm yesterday. I have seen a lot of WOIN cars running braces from the nose to the rear bulkhead, what material is best for these? I was thinking 2mm carbon?

Rayzerp
Approved Member

Post by Rayzerp »

Some parts have arrived :D
Attachments
2.JPG

Rayzerp
Approved Member

Post by Rayzerp »

So here is the bike that is inspiring this build:
Attachments
5.JPG

Rayzerp
Approved Member

Post by Rayzerp »

Here is the very rough quick mock up of the Detonator body that I have sent to painter with the Black/White and famous Bianchi Celestre green. The red in the Infinito theme will be provided by a complete set of Yaiba racing B4 parts
Attachments
4.png

vsefiream
Approved Member

Post by vsefiream »

Rayzerp wrote:So here is the bike that is inspiring this build:
Now we're talking. Nice to see a fellow roadie on this board. Nice ride, is it Campy or DI??

I'm still riding my old school '97 Serotta CSI with DA. I really "want" a good Italian bike with Campy, maybe a nice Pinarello or Colnago with Super Record :D

I like your idea of using the bike's colors on your 10. I might do up my OIN build with my Serotta's colors:

Kind of has a USA/Spiderman look about it

Rayzerp
Approved Member

Post by Rayzerp »

Oh its Campagnolo all the way. Only chorus on this but my winter bike has an old set of super record that was on my last Pinarello. Bianchi has always been my dream bike though and i think celestre colour will suit the vintage RC10 theme perfectly....as will your serrotta, perfect for an OIN :D

glastornjet73
Approved Member

Post by glastornjet73 »

What was that rear camber link deal? What parts did you use? I want to do that on my woin?
You Tell E'm Im Comin! And Hells Comin With Me

Rayzerp
Approved Member

Post by Rayzerp »

For the rear camber link i have used some alloy parts that were meant for use with a carbon front shock tower for the B4. They fit very well and have good clearance around the gearbox and motorplate/cover. they are modeled pretty close on the standard B4 front shock tower so it may be possible to use a trimmed down std item.I will post some better pictures at weekend as am away with work right now.

MotoObscura

Post by MotoObscura »

Perhaps I should do a build using the colors of my old bianchi Europa. Nothing says retro like Celeste and fuchsia!
My current vintage racing lineup: Associated RC10 B2, RC10 Team Car, Losi XXT, XX4, XFactory X5, Schumacher CAT 2000 www.moto-obscura.com My Youtube Channel

vsefiream
Approved Member

Post by vsefiream »

nicholasdivitto wrote:Perhaps I should do a build using the colors of my old bianchi Europa. Nothing says retro like Celeste and fuchsia!
Man Celeste is cool. You even have the matching bar tape. Very nice, i am such a fan of high end lugged steel bikes looks great