MX4 info needed

The place for all things Yokomo.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

rccars4sal
Approved Member

MX4 info needed

Post by rccars4sal »

Hi guys. I have a customer that wants lipo trays for MX4. Can somebody here provide a scan with dimensions,, or picture,, or let me borrow an actual set so I can make them? Thanks,, and provider will get a set for free of course...CNC 2.5mm carbon... good stuff,,, turn around would be less than a week.

Im pretty sure mx4 was before lipos,, so pictures and details could possibly help in the design process. Thanks again!

naushad
Approved Member

Re: MX4 info needed

Post by naushad »

I don't believe I've ever seen lipo trays for the MX4...maybe someone can correct me on this?

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

Subject change so forgive me, but some direct fit, no fuss lipo trays for the Works chassis and '94 YZ10 would go down a hoot i reckon!

bests....lee

phoenix
Approved Member

Post by phoenix »

I have new sets available and will surely trade one for a lipo set :) Please PM where you want it posted to. I can also scan it for you to speed it up if you want.

rccars4sal
Approved Member

Post by rccars4sal »

Ralphee, Im already making them for yz870c. Will those fit the works models? If not, All I need is a set of nimh trays,, or to borrow a chassis,, or a really good scan with dimensions. Then I can make other trays too. I have been trying to score a works car,, but the price is a bit high. Now,, is it true the works cars used the same center bulkhead motor mount as the older cars? If so,, then I just need to borrow a chassis,, and I can fab up a partial complete works car,, and make the trays.

Justjoe
Approved Member

Post by Justjoe »

the works 91/92 have the same cell spacing as the 870, but the 93 car is only set up for 6 cells, and use the same motor mount as the early yz10/870
USAF Retired
870C, Works 91, YR4-M2 Pro, RC10 Graphite, RC10 Carbon fiber tub
Old Skool RC10 Gold pan, RC10DS, Traxxas REVO

rccars4sal
Approved Member

Post by rccars4sal »

Would the location of the cells in relation to the motor mount bulkhead be the same as the 870?

rccars4sal
Approved Member

Post by rccars4sal »

I have lipo trays for mx4 available now. Its not a lipo friendly car. Shorty pack works best so as to not have to drill more holes. Standard hard case or saddle packs require holes to be drilled, and battery posts re located. No big deal,, but some folks are not into it. I prefer the shorty pack option.

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

Kinda lost who i spoke to about these, now i find the thread lol, i want a pair of works trays (870) and, if i was to trace, draw round my '94 chassis, reckon we can get trays made, I'm running both mine now and could do with making the move to Lipo!

bests......lee

rccars4sal
Approved Member

Post by rccars4sal »

If you can scan a trace of your chassis, and note where the bulk head screw holes are, and the standard battery post holes,, then Im pretty sure my 870 trays can be redrawn to fit. I would mock up a chassis, use my own hardware, and could have trays available in a short time.

Theres a guy already going to use a set of the 870 trays on a hybrid buggy of sorts. Looks like 93 works chassis with a few 91 works and 87oc parts. He thinks that possibly just relocating the post holes will make them work. Im curious to see how the 870 trays translate to the later cars.