New member for RC10s!

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

jchung

New member for RC10s!

Post by jchung »

Hi guys! Some might have known me from CT. I've wanted a RC10 gold for quite some time now. Just that whenever there's a deal, I don't have the cash for it. Well, finally and luckily, I found a local deal on a RC10 lot. I don't know ANYTHING about them, just that I really want the gold tub one. I will be picking them up on Saturday. Will post pics as soon as possible! :mrgreen:

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

sweet. ain't nothin like like your first piece of a........... i mean rc10. :wink: welcome to the site. there's plenty of guy on here that can help you with whatever you need.

jchung

Post by jchung »

Thanks! Just wondering, approximately how much should I be prepared to invest to restore one of these? From the pictures I go, I am missing wheels, tires, and body. I don't plan on adding electronics to them as they will be shelfers. Might need a new gold tub chassis too. Probably some suspension parts too. Here's a pic of the lot. :D

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

first thing that i'd do would be to get at least one complete car out of the three. i'd start with the pink one. that one seems the most complete. start there and see what you come up with. i probably wouldn't hurt for you to find an instruction manual, also. i think you can download one from associated, but i'm not sure. i bet someone tries to hit you up on the front end of the black chassis. :wink:

jchung

Post by jchung »

I am very stroked that I am finally getting not 1 RC10, but 3!!! Very excited! Great week so far, although school starts on Thursday, which I am a little nervous about. But I have the RC10's for the weekend! I doubt I will be selling any of these anytime soon, since I am already starting to sell a few of my other RC's for the upcoming Tamiya F350! :lol:

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

that pink chassis is lame. just send it to me, ok? :wink:

i would totally build the pink one as well. it screams 1980's.

i'm all about the f350 myself...

jchung

Post by jchung »

I was just wondering, are these colored chassis from aftermarket or are they repainted gold tubs? (pink & black ones)

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

no, they're associated. they had gold, black, flourecent pink, and flourecent green. i think they had a blue anodized one, too.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

associated changed from gold to black after awhile, i'm ashamed not to know when the change was off the top off my head. learly 90's i think. i know the first rc10t had a black tub and i think the buggies went black with the team car. (somebody correct me if i'm wrong)

and ae also offered 'fancy' colored chassis for awhile like yellow and pink and green and whatnot. looks to me like it could be factory pink but i couldnt tell ya for sure. pink and black with a little white would look badass imo.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

i just noticed the black version has the rpm team car conversion front end. it uses the narrower rc10t front kickup and bulkhead with wider than stock rpm arms to retain the stock buggy track width. equals out the front and rear a little better. rpm also made the team car rear end conversion which had longer arms and and arm mounts that hugged the stealth trans, it required a little re-drilling and narrowing the rear of the chassis, and it looks like your black chassis may be narrowed as well but that may be the shadows messin with me.

rpm team car conversions are kinda rare. very cool setup imo. i'd boil the arms and make that puppy a runner.

jchung

Post by jchung »

You guys sure know a lot about them! I will get some more detail pics on the weekend after I pick them up. I just want to restore the gold one to original condition for the shelf at the moment. What wheels will fit on them? Do they use the hex or pin setup for the wheels?

carloco8

Post by carloco8 »

Thats a nice RC10 lot you got there! The pink chassis is awesome, but it looks like you're gonna need a gold nose plate for the gold tub.

carloco8

Post by carloco8 »

Oh yeah, if you are wanting to keep it original you're gonna want to look for some 1/4 stub axles and dog bones as well. As far as wheels go, no hexes, just cross pins. Check out ebay for some good 'ole rc10 tires.

jchung

Post by jchung »

bscotti
Approved Member

Post by bscotti »

I like the classic look!