Curse you Vintage cars, CURSE YOU!!!!

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

MOmo
Approved Member

Curse you Vintage cars, CURSE YOU!!!!

Post by MOmo »

I think im an addict! I blame you all for sending me down this road. Im constantly looking for that hidden Gem, a vintage RC10 thats in good shape, (graphite worlds team car perhaps) etc. What started out as a couple of gold tub 6 gear rc10s has grown to 3 gold tubs, 1 team car, and a 10t. Plus my other existing racers. Heres the latest.

So I found another Team car online, and had the guy send me pics. We are still working out a price, but the pics are below. Looks like a pretty clean Team car.

Then, an RC10 turned up on the local 4sale boards, for $70. Which seems reasonable.

And a pair of RC10s which has been listed forever for around $150

THEN while at my local track the other night, the shop owner (who also happens to have quite a few vintage) has an early Yoke 4wd sitting on the counter, fairly complete and only missing a few parts. Doesn't sound like he has spares. he said $50 and its mine. (And another racer has a vintage yoke, condition unknown)

*SIGH*

On top of that, I just picked up a mint, barely used BJ4WE from a fellow racer Fri. night for a screaming deal of $275 with stock MG servo, a 5.5 Novak brushless motor but no esc. (The motor alone is almost $90) and Some spares.

So I have grown my collection of RCs to 24 (which is what i can remember) and about 6-8 of those need to be sold. Stuff I don't use/ need. Most of this is stuff I am trying to save from being thrown out or sent to some un-appreciating human.

Decisions Decisions.

MOmo
Attachments
VinTop.JPG
VinTop.JPG (44.57 KiB) Viewed 1982 times
VinTop.JPG
VinTop.JPG (44.57 KiB) Viewed 1982 times
Vinbottom.JPG
Hand NOT included.
Vinbottom.JPG (44.04 KiB) Viewed 1969 times
Hand NOT included.
Hand NOT included.
Vinbottom.JPG (44.04 KiB) Viewed 1969 times
Vin1.JPG
Vin1.JPG (61.08 KiB) Viewed 1968 times
Vin1.JPG
Vin1.JPG (61.08 KiB) Viewed 1968 times
RC-10used.jpg
RC-10used.jpg (7.3 KiB) Viewed 1963 times
RC-10used.jpg
RC-10used.jpg (7.3 KiB) Viewed 1963 times
RC-10pair.jpg
RC-10pair.jpg (6.45 KiB) Viewed 1958 times
RC-10pair.jpg
RC-10pair.jpg (6.45 KiB) Viewed 1958 times

Camshaft
Approved Member

Re: Curse you Vintage cars, CURSE YOU!!!!

Post by Camshaft »

You bought my car's twin! :P My Team Car even has the same reciever as yours!

highwayracer
Approved Member

Post by highwayracer »

Ha Ha you're addicted
nelson.jpg
nelson.jpg (33.69 KiB) Viewed 1946 times
nelson.jpg
nelson.jpg (33.69 KiB) Viewed 1946 times
This is a great place to feed the need.

Regards,
highwayracer

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

When it rains, it pours. I've run across some deals like that...and you have to take advantage. Opportunity doesn't knock twice!

MOmo
Approved Member

Post by MOmo »

Camshaft wrote:You bought my car's twin! :P My Team Car even has the same reciever as yours!
Twin how, paint?

My fiance and I are expecting our son in Feb. and the $$ that could be spent on vintage stuff is likely to get used for diapers. My workbench is likly to be the garage, and with potentially 30 cars, I think my space is limited.

I've seen some VERY VERY pretty collections of Vintage cars, but Im guessing most of you have more cars than that. Anyone want to give a total count? Perhaps if the lady sees this, she'll see that Im not as bad as others!

momo

purpletimbo
Approved Member

Post by purpletimbo »

I'm well over the 100, old and new 1/72 to 1/5 and 5 of those take up some room, so you've a long way to go yet :mrgreen:

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

Embarrasingly over 300 "NIB/New Built/restore/projects/runners - oh hell - had to have - good deal" cars in my collection.....

I am truly very, very addicted to this fabulous hobby......please dont presume I am "beating my chest" - I just love this hobby. I just wanted to give you a little support :roll: .....when I get thinking about how mad/crazy/addicted for having so many cars I am - I look at some friends collections that triple and even quadruple mine - and I dont feel so bad again!! :shock: :lol:

They are costing you nothing on your shelf - but they give you pleasure to run/look at or restore.........damn side better than drinking or smoking - and besides that - they are actually worth something to someone after they are used!! You could have a worse addiction.

As a father of 3 kids, with another on the way, I can honestly say that you really dont notice the cost much while they are under 5 - it is after that it costs!! They pay for themselves though with the love and entertainment they provide.

Cheers

Darryn
TO KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING - YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN
VENOM International | Factory Pilot - Team SCHUMACHER UK | J-Concepts USA | B-Fast Performance USA | Bugle Boy Racing | MAX Racing Products International

Taylorm
Approved Member

Post by Taylorm »

..I feel your pain, i've been racing 1/8 gas on road for about a year now and i won my first Associated RC250 on CrackBay. Now i'm hooked on collecting 1/8 cars/parts. I just won an auction with 360 NOS Associated 1/8 parts (cost me 1100.00, ouch) and i also won AN RC500 2WD NIB that i'm going to put together...........soon it will be RC10 cars/parts also.this is gonna get EXPENSIVE........... :lol:

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

Thats the "Pushers" work. You get a nice deal, or possibly even FREE, "just to TRY it". You then discover you LIKE it, and HAVE to keep going back.
I only started down this "long and winding road" because someone sent me a bunch of random parts with a T3. I didnt want to "waste", or sell a GIFT, so I said, "I'll "just" build whatever vehicles I have some parts for" (RC10 (Wide Arms), 10T, DS). But, of course, Im now starting to plan/collect for a Short Arm Buggy. :roll: *sigh*

On the "bright side", they could have sent CRACK with the T3. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

i know i never wanted to have all of the crap i got. but, it just happened. my other problem is getting rid of stuff. i have like 6 or 8 cars and a bunch of stuff i want to sell, but i can't bring myself to do it. i know i'll kick myself in the ass after it's gone.

but it's true. you CAN have too much stuff. :wink:

mikedealer
Approved Member

Post by mikedealer »

i know the feeling about kicking yourself trust me lol.. i sell parts that i think ill never need in a MILLLION years... then 3 months later im paying 5 times what i sold it for lol. its a weirdass market... it only takes 2 people to want something at one time to get some good action, but when only 1 person wants it, it sells for the min bid lol

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

mikedealer wrote:i sell parts that i think ill never need in a MILLLION years... then 3 months later im paying 5 times what i sold it for lol.
that's the same mind set that i have. that's why some stuff is hard to let go. but, i really do need to clean house. i know i only have a fraction of what others have, but it's too much to me.

i guess i'll start with all of my rpm stuff. rediculously high offers will be graciously accepted. :mrgreen: :lol:

mikedealer
Approved Member

Post by mikedealer »

Ya i got a ton of hot trick parts, hammad ghuman alloy and vlt sets, assocated white parts etc etc that i have no plans to use now, and probably never will... but i might so im holding onto it tight..

only thing i am selling for sure after xmas is 2 used ultima's and a tamiya fox i got in a random lot of stuff. I might also sell all my hot trick stuff since i really dont want a hot trick car at the moment.. but may in the future... bah who knows.

MOmo
Approved Member

Post by MOmo »

So, here is a NEW update and potential purchases.

rc10t ,team edition , so its got universals , carbon fiber tranny brace etc , assembled 9-21-2007 , black rpm all around , cvds , new unpainted body , all white parts in box , novak gts speed control , hi tec metal gear servo , birdman p2k2 , futaba fm radio , spares , all boxs , manuels , $$$ , or $$$ without electronics , its had 2 battery packs ever run thru it.

So my question is, what would be a fair price? Im not really in need of electronics, but I did inquire about them. The offer is around 200 for everything.

The other potential offer for the first car. Owner is asking me to make an offer. He is in the midwest. I was thinking $150 shipped. Is that reasonable?

I don't have a HUGE amount of expendible income, but I do think these are worth it. They are in excellent shape.

MOmo

MOmo
Approved Member

Post by MOmo »

**Update**

Well, after dragging out the deal for a while, the black Team car will be on its way to my house. Considering my current TeamCar was stripped to find a home in my Graphte edition. Not sure what I'll do with this one. Might look at re-finishing the chassis and putting it on a shelf.

I seriously gotta stop this habit! I also found a local Gold tub for under a $100. anyone ELSE interested?

MOmo