What was Masami’s 1987 CAT XL original servo?

The place for all things Schumacher.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

McAnic

What was Masami’s 1987 CAT XL original servo?

Post by McAnic »

I was trying to look up what servo was used on Masami’s original winning CAT XL but can’t seem to find any info. I‘m assuming it was a KO Propo. I know what he used for the other electronics, but not the servo. Would anyone happen to know what model it was? Thanks!

scr8p
Administrator

Re: What was Masami’s 1987 CAT XL original servo?

Post by scr8p »

I'd be willing to bet on a KO ps-87.

McAnic

Post by McAnic »

Thanks. I was thinking about that too—I think it was the same servo on his Yokomo 870c? Trying to figure out what would be today's Ko Propo equivalent.

mtbkym01

Post by mtbkym01 »

Check out Maasaki’s (Masami’s Father) YouTube channel on his replica CAT build.First episode is the story of the buggy and among other things Talks about how KO quickly manufactured a servo for the 87 Worlds. Very interesting

https://youtu.be/fIJdvk1wJ1M
You name it - and I want it ;)
If it's Old Skool, It's Kool

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

mtbkym01 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:31 am Check out Maasaki’s (Masami’s Father) YouTube channel on his replica CAT build.First episode is the story of the buggy and among other things Talks about how KO quickly manufactured a servo for the 87 Worlds. Very interesting

I agree completely! I've just finished watching the first 4 videos in the series. That is Masami behind the camera. Among other things, their reflections on the '87 Worlds is fascinating to listen to (or read about in the video's captions).
Thank you for posting the link. :D
Doug

mtbkym01

Post by mtbkym01 »

XLR8 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:26 am
mtbkym01 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:31 am Check out Maasaki’s (Masami’s Father) YouTube channel on his replica CAT build.First episode is the story of the buggy and among other things Talks about how KO quickly manufactured a servo for the 87 Worlds. Very interesting

I agree completely! I've just finished watching the first 4 videos in the series. That is Masami behind the camera. Among other things, their reflections on the '87 Worlds is fascinating to listen to (or read about in the video's captions).
Yeah it’s great listening to Masami banter with his dad, think there are 12 episodes all together
You name it - and I want it ;)
If it's Old Skool, It's Kool

McAnic

Post by McAnic »

mtbkym01 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:46 pm
XLR8 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:26 am

Yeah it’s great listening to Masami banter with his dad, think there are 12 episodes all together
Thanks! I've seen his videos and I was waiting for the part where he installs the electronics but I didn't check back, yet. I didn't have the opportunity to be in the RC world back in the day, just never got as exposed to it and I feel like I missed out on a lot of cool things.

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

My first memory of Masami was at one of our club races hearing one of the guys talk about this Japanese kid who just won the Worlds. He couldn't recall his name but he spoke about how the kid races using a stick radio and is so talented he can drive around the track in reverse and even drive with his feet. Then I probably read about it in the magazines. No inter-web in them days. :lol:
Doug

McAnic

Post by McAnic »

XLR8 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:22 pm My first memory of Masami was at one of our club races hearing one of the guys talk about this Japanese kid who just won the Worlds. He couldn't recall his name but he spoke about how the kid races using a stick radio and is so talented he can drive around the track in reverse and even drive with his feet. Then I probably read about it in the magazines. No inter-web in them days. :lol:
That's awesome! I saw a video of him using his feet! I think it was in one of Gene Husting's videos on YouTube.