Kyosho PRO-X Nip bodyshell

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

CATS
Approved Member

Kyosho PRO-X Nip bodyshell

Post by CATS »

Hi guys, need some help

I was in my local modelshop on saturday and bought a NIP Kyosho pro-x bodyshell that they had sitting round the shop. The label says 1994 so thought it might be rare?. Anyone intrested in it as I know nothing about kyosho cars (its a 2wd buggy 1/10th buggy thats all I know!)

any info would be appreciated

bdrmbully
Approved Member

Re: Kyosho PRO-X Nip bodyshell

Post by bdrmbully »

i will buy it off you.how much shipped to canada shipped via usps methods?
2nd place is just the 1st loser

CATS
Approved Member

Post by CATS »

Not quite sure what its worth, make me an offer. I will post to Canada but it will go by british royal air mail (tracked & insured) from memory it sholuld be around the £10 mark

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

CATS you should really read the information about buying and selling before doing deals on here.

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=909

This really belongs in the BST section.

CATS
Approved Member

Post by CATS »

I was un-sure of how to sell on here, as I cant get access to the buy or sell part of this forum. Is there an easy route to become a full member on this forum? I am a regular on all the other rc car forums and on ebay bit this site seems very difficult to even sell on it! :x

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

CATS wrote:I was un-sure of how to sell on here, as I cant get access to the buy or sell part of this forum. Is there an easy route to become a full member on this forum? I am a regular on all the other rc car forums and on ebay bit this site seems very difficult to even sell on it! :x

It is very easy to access the B/s/t forum (buy/sell/trade) you just need to click the link I sent in my post, read the pre-requisites and be patient about building up your reputation and post count to fulfill the criteria.

Unfortunately here we have had problems with bad sellers and spamming in the past so the rules have been tightened up. It is not meant to offend or put you off but is just a response to some bad people who have spoilt things in the past.

Good luck and welcome to the board.

bdrmbully
Approved Member

Post by bdrmbully »

so thats 20 CDN for shipping . what did you pay for it? are you looking to make a profit or just recoup back your $?
2nd place is just the 1st loser

minichamps11
Approved Member

Post by minichamps11 »

The Kyosho Pro-X is pretty rare. The manual for my NB says 1994. Don't think they raced too well. It had a trick gearbox called "Super Sprint Transmission" to lower the C.O.G. by letting the diff output axle sit lower.

highwayracer
Approved Member

Post by highwayracer »

The gear box looked like the older jrx2 transmission...with an external slipper installed.

The kits became pretty rare because the kyosho couldn't compete with the other manufacturers...so there wasn't a demand for the kits in the US. They were also probably concentrating on 1/8 scale.

I've always thought of getting one, but there are so many other cars that I'd rather have instead.

regards,
highwayracer

minichamps11
Approved Member

Post by minichamps11 »

[quote="highwayracer"]

The kits became pretty rare because the kyosho couldn't compete with the other manufacturers...so there wasn't a demand for the kits in the US. They were also probably concentrating on 1/8 scale.

Agreed - I'm not sure about the 1988/9(?) Worlds win (I reckon it was a fluke :| ), but certainly from the second Ultima onwards I got the impression that Kyosho were playing catch up with Associated & Losi. It probably took until the RB5 for them to have a half-way decent 2wd car.

highwayracer
Approved Member

Post by highwayracer »

I was reading the interview with Ernie from trininty regarding the 87 worlds. He said that the track was pretty flat, so Joel had a really good chance because of his on road experience. So, it was kind of a fluke that they won. They also had a tire contoversy in 87. Joel was using a softer version of a kyosho tire that everyone did not have access to...sort of like the 89 worlds and the tr31.

As for the other kyosho cars, the aftermarket support they received was pretty much not there. So you couldn't tune your car like an rc10 or a jrx2. I look at the triumph...the car had potential, but how many aftermarket parts were there for it? You can only do so much with the stock components. I don't think the 2.2 wheels were even legal in the US when it first came out.

regards,
highwayracer

minichamps11
Approved Member

Post by minichamps11 »

Highwayracer, that was a good post - learnt something there. I'm hazy on most of the world championships (as you can tell) because the UK coverage in magazines wasn't great, and as a kid the only other way you found out stuff (before the internet was around) was from sponsored drivers /model shops. There were neither where I grew up so didn't learn much there either.
What happened with the TR31's at the '89 worlds?

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

minichamps11 wrote: What happened with the TR31's at the '89 worlds?
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1627 :wink:

Kyosho Fan2
Approved Member

Post by Kyosho Fan2 »

I hate to admit it but the car looks stunning and I wanted one, but as stated earlier on, the car was crap and didnt do well against the oppostion. Examples are Bob Gammon of the UK team Kyosho came up to me and said that he had had enough with kyosho in 2wd and threw it into a pond after stripping the elctronics out at the national and said he wouldnt even pass it on to me, as it was really that bad, but luckily he had an associated deal so would go with them.

I like the look, and its an appealing design but they just didnt get it right, which was a pitty as it looked like it was a vast improvement on the national winning Triumph design, even tho it wasnt.

highwayracer
Approved Member

Post by highwayracer »

Kyosho Fan2 wrote:I like the look, and its an appealing design but they just didnt get it right, which was a pitty as it looked like it was a vast improvement on the national winning Triumph design, even tho it wasnt.
The design was probably fine. What they needed was the proper setup. If Cliff Lett or The Master drove for them, I'm sure that the car would have done fine and would have had a bigger following.

The one thing I was somewhat dissapointed about was the transmission design...it looked like the old Losi 6 gear design. It had a slipper, which helped, but all of the newer designs utilized a 3 gear version.

regards,
highwayracer