Hi from Maine

Forum rules, site questions/comments, new member introductions.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

b027
Approved Member

Hi from Maine

Post by b027 »

Hello everyone to a RC10 fan from Maine!

Anyone else up in the far North East US?

I've been lurking for some time but just posted this week finally. I have one RC10 I've owned since the 80's and recently picked up two more to enjoy restoring and add to my collection. I have very fond memories of the RC10 and various Tamiyas I used to run. Looking forward to getting back into it! As I posted here recently, I especially enjoy the vintage electronics and radios. they're a challenge but bring back so many memories, and now I can own a bunch of the stuff that was impossible when it was new! Like a Futaba Magnum Senior 3PG! :mrgreen:

Here's my RC10's. All have been torn down, cleaned, and rebuilt with the original parts. Unfortunately I didn't take any before pictures, but am very happy with how they turned out. The last step was to get them sorted with proper electronics which I just completed!

Interesting story the bodies on the CE and Edinger I obtained from another member here (don't know their forum name though) and was told they were raced together by a husband and wife until the husband passed. I'm pleased I can keep them together on these two models.

Anyway enjoy the pictures!

The Cadillac I've owned since the 80's - recently rebuilt. Futaba ESC, receiver, and servo. Astro Turbo-05 motor. Andy's front arms and bumper. I dyed the nylon so long ago and still think it looks cool :). this was my favorite RC of all time.
IMG_2276.JPG
IMG_2279.JPG

A late CE I recently acquired and rebuilt. stock DS spec motor, lipo compatible ESC and 2.4 GHz radio. this one is going to be a runner.
IMG_2277.JPG
IMG_2280.JPG

and finally, a late Edinger (as far as I can tell)- recently acquired and rebuilt. stock motor, Novak ESC and receiver, airtronics servo. I need to figure out the powerpole connectors but otherwise everything is working. I'm thinking this one will be staying on the shelf, or run just very lightly.
IMG_2278.JPG
IMG_2281.JPG

And the new 3PG radio:
IMG_2282.jpg

matt1ptkn
Approved Member

Re: Hi from Maine

Post by matt1ptkn »

Nice looking RC10s! Welcome aboard!
Matt

Just a part of my RC collection: Matt1ptkn's Toys

"I wish there was a way to tell you're in the good old days, before you've actually left them."