i'm coming to USA to be married !!!

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

didou60110
Approved Member

i'm coming to USA to be married !!!

Post by didou60110 »

Hi guys,

When i was a teenager, i've been 3 times in usa (colorado and ohio) and many times to great britain and scotland to learn english. I don't need to speak english in my work but i try to do my best to not lost it

In one month, i will take the plane to be married in las vegas !!! first i will arrive to san francisco, spend 3-4 days and then rent a car to go to los angeles. then we'll go to las vegas to be married the 1st may. visit the countryside, take a helicopter, etc.. then after 16 days in usa, go to phoenix and back to france.

My marriage in las vegas will be validate in france.

I hope i will see some RC shops in my trip !!! it's real pleasure to come back to usa. I've got one question : how do you do when you 've got an accident with your car ? have you got a special document to send to your insurance compagny ? do i have to call the police ?

shodog
Approved Member

Re: i'm coming to USA to be married !!!

Post by shodog »

My brother was a manager/corporate trainer for Hertz. One piece of advice he gave me is to always buy the insurance. It's a bargin and here's why. While most insurance companies cover you for car rentals, if you do get in an accident, it's a ding on your insurance, plus you will have to pay what ever your deductable is. Mine is $500, for that price you can pay many days of the $14.95 for the insurance. People will say, "I'm a good driver I don't need it" but really driving an unfamiliar car in an unfamiliar place is when you need it most. People also think it's another way for rental companies to make more money off of you but in fact they lose millions of dollars a year becuase of it. If it wasn't a law, they wouldn't offer it.

when you do get into SF, give me a shout as I'm only 45 minutes away

GAMMACRUSH
Approved Member

Post by GAMMACRUSH »

hey cool man congrats. can i ship your body to you when you get in the usa? also i live in riverside like an hour away from los angeles if you want to hang out and see my collection i could go meet you but i dont want to complicate things for you :lol:

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

I always decline the insurance, as with my VISA platinum, I am covered if I use that credit card to pay for the rental. I am not sure if the same would apply to any credit card or one based in Europe. I did have an issue when I was in Santa Cruz back in 2002, someone shot out my window with a bb gun. I was totally surprised that I really didn't have to do that much. Just file a police report, report to my cc company and it was painless for me.
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Even though it's your wedding/honeymoon/vacation, and all, you might want to try to meet up with as many folks as you can while you're here. I had the opportunity to meet a couple of long time Clod buddies a few years back, one from the other side of the planet, and I'm glad I made the effort to do it. Another came to the area from back east and I got to meet her and her family too.

I'm not saying you have to invite us to the wedding, but how often do you get the chance to meet long distance online buddies? :wink: :lol: 8) 8)

Congrats, by the way.
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

If you need help navigating Los Angeles, let me know. :lol:

GAMMACRUSH
Approved Member

Post by GAMMACRUSH »

yeah man when you get down here you could call me up and we can drive one of my rc cars and drink some beers i just turned 21 LOL i also have some clodbusters we could have like 4 goign at the same time or a clod and a 6 gear rc10 that would be cool. i also know 2 really good hobby shops that still have some old parts.

didou60110
Approved Member

Post by didou60110 »

thanks a lot for all yours answers. i will take with me my gps tomtom 920 which have usa maps. perharps if we've got enough place in your luggage our personal computer. i read that many hotels have free wifi access.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

didou60110 wrote:thanks a lot for all yours answers. i will take with me my gps tomtom 920 which have usa maps. perharps if we've got enough place in your luggage our personal computer. i read that many hotels have free wifi access.
yes lots of hotels have free wifi, if not then most of them have an ethernet connection in the room. and many car rental places now offer a gps upgrade.

didou60110
Approved Member

Post by didou60110 »

The most thing i'm afraid it's driving on your road. they are so many ways on your highway and too many policemen !!!! what's are the maximum speed on the road (highway, town, etc..) ?

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

GAMMACRUSH wrote:yeah man when you get down here you could call me up and we can drive one of my rc cars and drink some beers i just turned 21 LOL i also have some clodbusters we could have like 4 goign at the same time or a clod and a 6 gear rc10 that would be cool. i also know 2 really good hobby shops that still have some old parts.
Hmmm, that sounds more like a Tadracket/Halgar honeymoon. :shock:

My guess is the newly wedded couple isn't going to have those kind of priorities... :wink:

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

didou60110 wrote:The most thing i'm afraid it's driving on your road. they are so many ways on your highway and too many policemen !!!! what's are the maximum speed on the road (highway, town, etc..) ?
Never a policeman when you need one...like to ask directions.

Speed limits by state:

http://www.iihs.org/laws/speedlimits.aspx

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

didou60110 wrote:The most thing i'm afraid it's driving on your road. they are so many ways on your highway and too many policemen !!!! what's are the maximum speed on the road (highway, town, etc..) ?
I will take driving through LA or SF versus driving through Paris anyday. To me, Paris was mayhiem!!! There are not that many police, not in my opinion. Speed limits are all over the map. Interstates through cities can be as low as 45/50 mph, outside of town they are 70 mph. Keep in mind you won't be going kph, you will be going mph.
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

didou60110
Approved Member

Post by didou60110 »

ok, thanks for the informations. it's a long time too i haven't drive an automatic car. it's not the kindo f car we like to drive in france. it's an another way of life.... the first things i will eat in usa are DONUTS !!!! like omer simpson :roll:

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

Citroen 2cv's are far and few between here... :lol: