buggy Grip

When it's R/C related, but doesn't fit anyplace else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

bearrickster
Approved Member

buggy Grip

Post by bearrickster »

Has anybody ever used Trinity Buggy Grip offroad tire traction and conditioner? I won some with a lot of tires and a body on Ebay. Info?
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

Bongo Fury
Approved Member

Re: buggy Grip

Post by Bongo Fury »

Sure have. Softens the tires up, gives you more grip. Apply 10~15 minutes to clean tires before running, most rub it in with a toothbrush (suggest you use a extra one!) let it dry up. Seems to help more on hard packed groove clay tracks. Try Zip Free instead I think it is when running slicks on wetter clay tracks. (off road tracks sure have changed over the years)

Be aware that it attacks the foams, makes them all mushy, try not to get too carried away.

Also many clean their tires with a little Simple Green cleaner mixed in the water in a tire bucket. The Simple Green also softens them up. Don’t dip the tires, use a brush, dip it and work on the tires. Some glue a brush to the bottom of a bucket (or a Tupperware thingy), brush sticking up past the cleaner level a little, and work the tire over it. Wipe 'em off, let them dry, then on to the Buggy Grip/whatever.

Then there’s the WD-40 guys, the diesel fuel guys….all kinds of stuff. Basically most any petroleum or solvent has been tried with various success on different surfaces. The petroleum/solvent is actually attacking the rubber crosslink bonds, breaking it down, thus making it a little softer and somewhat tacky.

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

thanks it stinks up your house I just tried it on some old Losi tires it did soften them up quite a bit. but I need to air out the house now :lol:
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

Bongo Fury
Approved Member

Post by Bongo Fury »

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning!

Surfs up!

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

I tried the simple green/water/brush/tupperware thing that Fury was talking about, and that helps a great deal. :D
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

markt311
Approved Member

Post by markt311 »

Buggy grip works ok, we use simple green and water. I race with a guy who makes some awesome tire sauce, it's called Reino's Ragu. He makes a marinade you brush on the tires the night before a race them seal em up in a ziplock bag and he also makes a regular spray on version too. I think you can get some from X-Factory on http://www.2wdrc.com. It's the best stuff I've ever used and even Kinwald uses it now! I remember the days of guys spraying on motor spray or buggy grips then "flashing" them with a lighter, it made some track owners a little nervous :shock:
Mark

Aaaaahhhh crap! I'm about to get passed by that orange truck!