New to me RC10T

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

hypertek

New to me RC10T

Post by hypertek »

sup guys im new here.. Didnt know there was a community of guys who collect these cars.

Back in 94 when i was a die hard rc kid, i got my rc10 team car.. Used to race it in the local parking lot races.
in 95 i moved on to onroad cars, tamiya ta02 and the formula 1 cars.. Those things are vintage now as they are no longer popular.. I still got my f1 car in pieces laying around.

Just a few months ago, when the movie Ironman was in theaters, i called up my best friend who i havent kicked it with in a while, i wanted to take him to see it but he had no money so i made a deal with him, I pay for him, and he to give me his old rc10t. He offered to give it to me b4 but i didnt really want it at the time.. til a year ago i came accross this site and always thought about it. Well in exchange for that awesome movie, he gave me the truck and i been sitting on it.

Here are the pics

Not sure witch model it is, im guessing the later sport model since no ball bearings, and gold shocks. Its in really great condition. Its got a Protoform Rambunctions body and a Reedy Sonic motor.

Now i moved to the country, no more city living, so not really anywhere around my house to play with an onroad car, so i been debating , if i want to fix this up. Some of those monster truck conversions look pretty cool on this site, with typical raised truck bodys and monstertruck tires. Seems like this truck would be a great candidate for some ballbearings, refreshed shocks etc.

Heres my old rc10 team car.. sadly a few years ago i might have scavenged some front end pieces for other misc. projects.

Heres my prized possession, a tamiya ta02 that i had recently started modding about 4-5 years ago
But its more of a shelf queen now since breaking parts on it is no fun.

Im at a toss up right now, economy doing bad, no job, so i really shouldnt be looking at playing with rc cars, but i got the itch for something.. Im debating if i should fix up that rc10t and play with it around hte back yard/maybe check out some off road racing since i never really explored that area, or maybe picking up a Kyosho Mini Z. I think those mini z look pretty fun, i have enough room to play with one, and i could get a few buddys to pick some up so we can race.

hypertek

Re: New to me RC10T

Post by hypertek »

i saw someone post this, and i freaking love the way this looks

and bngiles rc10 truck conversion looks awesome as well.

Id love to find a toyota or nissan style staduim truck body and maybe some dish wheels to go with the look.
*long time ago i had a tamiya monster beetle , but it had tranny problems, i was a kid back than so i didnt care much for it and took it apart, i might still have those wheels around, think i can adapt those?

animal
Approved Member

Post by animal »

I think CRP still makes the monsterBeetle/blackfoot wheel adaptors for the RC10 Iam not 100% on this But i thought i had seen them on ebay before

hypertek

Post by hypertek »

i looked around i could only find 1 monster beetle rim, knowing me i probably threw em away thinking because of the fitting id probably never need em when i was cleaning stuff out.

Any affordable alternatives?

I just found out what a SC10 is, i wonder if they will sell the wheels.. that truck looks pretty sweet. but i cant afford it right now.

animal
Approved Member

Post by animal »

The sc10 uses a hex pattern wheel so it will work on the traxxas slash and the proline rims work on both the sc10 and the slash

So I would think that when the sc10 is out you could maybe buy the hex adaptors and use those wheels The only thing i could see to give a problem is the inner diameter on the axle hole

The cheapest way would be to go and buy a taller MT still tire to get the ground clearence you are looking for

hypertek

Post by hypertek »

Im debating if Ill have fun with this.. .I could pull the electronics out of the TA02 and put it in the truck.. I got the itch though to go get a kyosho mini z instead.

Anyone got any monstertruck conversion pics?

hypertek

Post by hypertek »

Do people mill the 10T chassis? I know i see alot of it done on the rc10, but i cant recall seeing the same thing done on the rc10ts....

*RC222*

Post by *RC222* »

sc10 does NOT use hex wheels. they are the same as the t4. if you have 3/16 axles you are good to go. and the front wheels have the exact bearings as the front of a 10t