MIP 'Legends' RC10 - ultimate build?

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Bormac
Approved Member

MIP 'Legends' RC10 - ultimate build?

Post by Bormac »

Last year during a conversation with a fellow racer at a local club meet I learnt that he had a very rare MIP 'LEGENDS' belt conversion set new and still sealed in the factory selaphane. After agreeing on a price we were set to make the trade at a later meeting but each and everytime he said he forgot it. I had the cash with me on four seperate occassions but in the end I figured he must have been telling stories. Then less than a month ago my good friend Mark was at an offroad nitro meeting and the seller of the kit had just showed up while i had been on the phone chatting to Mark. One thing led to another and before i knew it Mark had struck a deal with said seller and around a week later Mark had the cash in the guys account and the kit was on its way to him. Mark decided that seeing it was a deal i had pending and of which i told him about he felt it only right that i got the kit in the end and now we have another deal on the run for the exchange- phew! :mrgreen:

I had it in mind to build the MIP kit and run it in my WORLDs RC10 but was hoping to see what others here thought of this combo. I'd like to run Yokomo adapters all round or maybe try and adapt some new Schumacher CATsx rims to the car pending correct offset. These rims have the roll pin drive and could be made to fit??

Anyway i know it seems like a sin to open these parts up and run this car but thats what I do. Which body do you think would look good on a 4WD? I was thinking a Sidewinder or maybe ProtechII .

-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980

minimini
Approved Member
Location: KWS@Hong Kong; 3.5 hours' trip to meet tiger1 and only 7,777 miles from Doug

Re: MIP 'Legends' RC10 - ultimate build?

Post by minimini »

wow.........nice score !!......

Hi Bormac..........would you mind to scan the instruction manual & share with us for reference ??.........

many thanks !!
mini@vintage Team Yokomo/Associated

markt311
Approved Member

Post by markt311 »

This will be a cool build. Nice to have good karma on your side.
Mark

Aaaaahhhh crap! I'm about to get passed by that orange truck!

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

Guys I have added the instruction manual in the scans archive section.
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

Geez, how many MIP 4wd kits you got down there?

This is all very interesting!

Brat
Approved Member

Post by Brat »

Remember to take photos as you build and show off here. :mrgreen: Let us be envy of you my friend!
My collections:
Nikko Brat, Nikko Dictator II, Nikko Thunder Eagle, Kyosho Pure Ten Nitro, Associated RC10, Associated RC10T, Associated RC10 Graphite, Associated B4, Tamiya Tamtech 1/24 Porsche 962C, Tamiya Striker, Tamiya TRF 501X WCE.

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

a01butal wrote:Geez, how many MIP 4wd kits you got down there?
So you see, just because we are from the 'land down under' it certainly doesnt mean we are that detached from the rest of the world- hahahahaha :lol: :lol:

What Im wondering is, should I dye the white parts black or should i look for white parts for this build?? Hmmmm :roll:
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

minimini
Approved Member
Location: KWS@Hong Kong; 3.5 hours' trip to meet tiger1 and only 7,777 miles from Doug

Post by minimini »

bormac wrote:
a01butal wrote:Geez, how many MIP 4wd kits you got down there?
So you see, just because we are from the 'land down under' it certainly doesnt mean we are that detached from the rest of the world- hahahahaha :lol: :lol:

What Im wondering is, should I dye the white parts black or should i look for white parts for this build?? Hmmmm :roll:
actually I got the same question for a long time already.........even for my own RC10 restorations........I'm always struggling to choose white or black parts.......... :(
mini@vintage Team Yokomo/Associated

aeiou
Approved Member

Post by aeiou »

Those parts look nice and minty-white. It'd be a shame to dye them, but that's just my opinion. :wink:

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

aeiou wrote:Those parts look nice and minty-white. It'd be a shame to dye them, but that's just my opinion. :wink:
Yeah I agree with you. Maybe I find some white arms, stealth case and fibreglass towers and make it look more like a TEAM car. Or perhaps just track down a nice TEAM car? I dont want to run this on a gold pan, i like the black pan chassis for this kit. :D
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

To each their own but since this is a new kit, I would build it into a new built chassis and leave it on the shelf. these kits are just too rare qand expensive.

87fierogt
Approved Member

Post by 87fierogt »

that is AWSOME!!! its such a shame these 4wd kits fetch the money they do i would love to do this but the bottom line is i cant afford to do it being 18 and on social security income i was born with spinabifida and a dislocated left hip and back problems although i thank god im lucky because i can feel from my knees up and can walk short distances etc. i would love seeing a before during and after shots or possibley a step by step if you dont mind. if you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay? if i had the cash these go for im not sure that i would spend it on something vintage id be afraid to run i would prob go for something new. please keep regular updates if you dont mind. also id go with white parts and a c/f tub chassis not the flat one. im not sure who makes it but i saw one on ebay today. good luck!!
speed r/c taking car of all your rebuilds/restore/used and new custom builds/and anything in between pm me for quotes and`pics of previous builds

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

shodog wrote:To each their own but since this is a new kit, I would build it into a new built chassis and leave it on the shelf. these kits are just too rare qand expensive.
Thankyou for the input Shodog. Now im realy confused with what to do with this kit. It was all going to be so easy but now I may have to reconsider my plans. I like the worlds car as a 2WD so maybe thats how it will stay. I was watching a used C/F tub chassis (running truck wheels) on ebay also but it was very well used. It would be the ultimate for sure though. There are so many possibilities for this conversion. Even an A&L car would be uber cool too.
:?
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

Bought my 4wd parts lot off eBay before Christmas and still haven't started the build. Mine is the SP-2 version with belt drive and it was Dr. Robotnik's before mine. I'm still kicking around exactly what I'm going to do but I do have the Fibre-lyte chassis just waiting for me to start. I have something special in mind but that doesn't mean it will be special to others so I just kind of put it off. I really like the long front arm Legends version you have but I will deal with what I have. Good luck on your build and I'm sure it will be special no matter what you do.
Al

This is all very interesting!

6_shot_wobble

Post by 6_shot_wobble »

would it be possible for you to tell me the belt size?