just ran a trailblazer ss from about a 10mph roll.

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

badhoopty
Approved Member

just ran a trailblazer ss from about a 10mph roll.

Post by badhoopty »

forgive the spam, i'm bored.

so i'm driving down the street next to one of those new trailblazer ss's with the ls2 350, we're both hitting the lights at the same time and are the first two cars at the lights for quite a ways. you guys know how it works... he kind of gets on it at every time just enough to stay in front of me when we are taking off at the light. not really breaking any laws but kinda being frisky.

anyways, the last time i made it a point to not let him get in front of me, and shortly after we start taking off from the light we both get on it. i'm still in first gear, maybe goin 15mph. he gets the jump on me simply because he got on it first, i get just enough wheelspin for it to sound pretty cool (mad max style) and then just blew his doors off...

i got home and checked them out and they run 14's. i thought they ran faster than that for some reason.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

what a guy. beatin' up on the family truckster. :wink:

i remember back in my street racing days, when i'd go light to light with someone, it was like that part in the movie "meet the parents". when ben stiller was trying to beat deniro back to the house. :lol: :lol:

ahhhh, the good ol' days of fines, court dates, and points on my license. :D

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Sounds like fun. I miss those days. Once I took my buddy out for a spin in my parent's 87 GN. We're sitting at a red light and this dude pulls up in a 5.0 Mustang. I'm not exagerating, this guy looked exactly like Vanilla Ice. He's got his girl in the car. He looks over at me, and I can tell by the look on this idiot's face he was going to do his best to impress his girl. Silly Vanilla. I just grinned and said to my buddy "are you ready to smoke Vanilla Ice?" He laughed, the light turned green and it wasn't even a contest. :lol:

I wish Pa and Ma had kept that car. And then sold it to me. :?

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

i dont get in races very much. this is only like the 4th or so time in almost 4 years. i'm gettin' to be an old man and gettin' scared of being busted or wrecking onto uncoming traffic.

all that aside its still fun though, especially when you put some dork in his place.

scollins
Approved Member

T. Blazer SS mayhem

Post by scollins »

Guys,

Where I work at ASC in Warren, MI..... I was involved in the design of the front and rear fascias for the Trailblazer SS. GM came over and managed the project but I among 8 or 9 other guys developed the exterior styling parts for that specific truck. From sketches to finished Class-A parts in CAD.

I can tell you the thing hauls ass....... I would never buy one (way too much money for me) mind you as I am not an SUV kinda guy........ I prefer my SVT Focus for daily driving and less gas useage.

But it is no slouch, even with its hefty curb weight.

GM aluminum 6.0 liter LS2 (same as the GTO motor and the Vette)
391 hp at 5,400 rpm and 395 lb-ft of torque at 4,400 rpm

a little shy of its output in the Vette and Goat
the drop in power is due to packaging issues. Because of firewall clearance a different intake manifold had to be fitted, and a single exhaust was necessary because of the location of the truck's fuel tank.
When in doubt, throttle out ...... scollins

scr8p
Administrator

Re: T. Blazer SS mayhem

Post by scr8p »

scollins wrote:I was involved in the design of the front and rear fascias for the Trailblazer SS.
nice job. they're alot better lookin' then the ones on the standard trailblazer. and much easier to get ready for paint, since you don't have to tape up all that textured crap.

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

Hoopty, you never said what you were driving to beat this SUV

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

shodog wrote:Hoopty, you never said what you were driving to beat this SUV
something much more deserving of a lsx powerplant...

carloco8

Post by carloco8 »

Aw thats not fair hoopty, the trailblazer didn't stand a chance LOL!

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

carloco8 wrote:Aw thats not fair hoopty, the trailblazer didn't stand a chance LOL!
from the numbers of the ls2 its got i figured it would be alot faster than it was. on paper its got like 70hp over me.

i need to get my car dyno'd sometime. maybe i have one of the so called 'factory freaks'. some stock ls1's dyno as low as 270hp, others are well above 300. i definetly have a strong one. from what i've read, in later years they stopped matching engine components and instead kinda bracketed certain tolerances together, so some engines were a little too tight and some were a little too loose. some peoples ls1's literally end up sounding like diesels from a symptom called piston slap. gm says there's nothing wrong with it, but when your firebird sounds like a duramax you tend to disagree...

anyway, if i can quit smoking i'm gonna save all the money and get an sts rear mount turbo. ls1's love turbos since they rev so well. its sad that i could save enough money for one and all the nickle and dime stuff for it before a year has passed if i just quit killing myself.

i dig the hell out of my car. someday maybe i'll post pics of the stereo. it actually doesnt look near as good all finished as it did being put in:

the blue and foil looks sweet imo.

Whiskers
Approved Member

Post by Whiskers »

Hoopty, take it to "Pinks" man.

I for one, have boogied on a Trans Am with a 1975 Ford F-150 pick-up. Of course they looked at the grey primered beast and thought I was a mark. Only problem was I was running a 429 Cu. In. Big Block. Needless to say, I "Schooled" that boy.

BTW, when we got done, he asked me what I had, I lied, and told him I had a 351 Windsor just to kick him some. :lol:

97T595

Post by 97T595 »

WHY BOTHER GOING TURBO WHEN ALL YOULL NEED IS A CAM AND A CONVERTER, AND SOME 5.3L HEADS, OHH AND A 9" FORD REAR END COUSE YOULL BE BREAKING THAT 7.5 AT EVERY STOP LIGHT.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

97T595 wrote:WHY BOTHER GOING TURBO WHEN ALL YOULL NEED IS A CAM AND A CONVERTER, AND SOME 5.3L HEADS, OHH AND A 9" FORD REAR END COUSE YOULL BE BREAKING THAT 7.5 AT EVERY STOP LIGHT.
i dont want to open up the motor. it doesnt use a drop of oil and runs perfect. also with a sts turbo i can easily remove it and go back to stock if and when i decide to sell the car.

the sts is a looong way off if ever, i was just kinda dreamin. regardless its getting the chassis/powertrain power ready before anything.

and i dont think a converter will work on a t56... :wink:

FlyinGN
Approved Member

Post by FlyinGN »

My best bud has a trailblazer SS and it sure a lot faster then 14's:) His ran 13.6 stock and with a 3400 converter, ecm work its well into the 12's.. Its a bear on a launch against the converter .. Its awd. The only problem is that they are so damn heavy. His 70 hp may not be enough to make up for all that extra weight he has over you:)

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

FlyinGN wrote:My best bud has a trailblazer SS and it sure a lot faster then 14's:) His ran 13.6 stock and with a 3400 converter, ecm work its well into the 12's.. Its a bear on a launch against the converter .. Its awd. The only problem is that they are so damn heavy. His 70 hp may not be enough to make up for all that extra weight he has over you:)
i'm 100% sure this trailblazer was stock. the guy driving was your typical chicago yuppy... prolly running cheap gas and everything.