Durango DEX410 4wd

For all things R/C, post '90s to today.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Konich
Approved Member

Durango DEX410 4wd

Post by Konich »

Found a nice clean roller. These cars are now becoming the 4wd to beat. It should be fun trying to squeeze in all the electronics. I have it all cleaned up just need to switch out the diff fliud in the front and rear and should be good to go. Hopefully I'll have it ready for the summer series. If you guys haven't checked out durango you need to see what they are making. Hoping to see the DEX210 get released soon!
Attachments
DSC04936.JPG
DSC04935.JPG

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Re: Durango DEX410 4wd

Post by RETRO R/C »

Hi mate,

I am actually on the Australian team for Durango, so if you would like any tips etc - I am happy to help out.

The Durango is truly a brilliant car - extremely tough and VERY reliable. The accelaration of the Durango is stunning and can catch you out for the first few drives.

Just build it right - and make sure the drive pins are located properly in the driveshats etc and that you have used threadlock. Not much else to be honest!

Cheers

Darryn
TO KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING - YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN
VENOM International | Factory Pilot - Team SCHUMACHER UK | J-Concepts USA | B-Fast Performance USA | Bugle Boy Racing | MAX Racing Products International

Konich
Approved Member

Post by Konich »

Nice,
The thing I'm really having trouble getting down is what gear oil to run in the diffs. Right now I have 10K in the front and 5K in the rear. I run a high-bite clay indoor track so there is a lot of traction. I think I may need to go up slightly in both as it has a ton of steering. I think this would help with on power coming out of the corners as well :mrgreen:

Hands down the best car I've ever owned!

Konich
Approved Member

Post by Konich »

Pretty tight getting electronics in this thing. I had to switch to a spectrum mini reciever to get a little more room. I would like to hooked up the telemetry using the 300ST reciever to monitor motor temp, etc. but just not enough space. :evil:
Attachments
DSC04966.JPG
DSC04965.JPG

m_vice
Approved Member

Post by m_vice »

The durango is awesome IMP, it has to be one of the best looking cars out their when it comes to the engineering of it. Looks great Konich and it looks like you have a nice set up their. :D

Konich
Approved Member

Post by Konich »

I'm going to race it for the first time on Wednesday so we'll see what happens then. Now hopefully HRP starts getting parts in for the US dealers. I can already tell I like this LRP SXX TC and specktrum radio, now to get those setup as well. :mrgreen:

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

Heres a pick of my team car - with one of the new Tresrey "Gainbull"bodies from Japan on it.

Myself and another team member are trying a new set up this weekend (weather permitting) - will let you know how it goes - it is a combination of Hupo's set up from the Cactus Classic and some of our own. I am running stock and my team mate is running mod (not that there is a massive difference in top speed these days!).

The paint is still not fully dry - still a bit of finishing work to do.

Cheers

Darryn
TO KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING - YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN
VENOM International | Factory Pilot - Team SCHUMACHER UK | J-Concepts USA | B-Fast Performance USA | Bugle Boy Racing | MAX Racing Products International

smokin
Approved Member

Post by smokin »

Hi there, I'm one of the Team Durango drivers in the UK, at the last UK BRCA National (Robin Hood Raceway) i qualified 3rd in the A with mine, there were also 2 other team drivers in there too, its an awesome car. There will be a report on oOple soon.
I think your starting point of 10k fron 5k rear sounds fine if the dirt is high grip, if its super high traction then try 12,500front 7000rear and keep them topped up perhaps after every 2 meetings.
I was testing with Hupo last week with the DEX210 at our track and took a bit of video for Durango which they will be posting on their blog very soon, so a few more pics for you :)

Konich
Approved Member

Post by Konich »

Nice! I did pretty well with mine but I do need to up the diff oil and maybe take the rear swaybar off to get some more rear traction. Our track is hard packed clay so its like running on asphalt when it gets set in. I might try some other rear tire combinations as well, love the car just need a little more rear grip at my track.