TamiyaClub

The place for all things Tamiya.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

terry.sc
Approved Member

Re: TamiyaClub

Post by terry.sc »

RETRO R/C wrote:Unfortunately, along the way , TC has gotten to be an EXTREMELY large and the forums have most definately become more of a "newbie" hang out rather than how it used to be. It has certainly gotten more commercial - but you cant blame the club for this. It is successful because it is doing something right.
I agree, that's the problem with Chris doing something right in the first place. The reason I joined here is because it has the same feel and the same mix of people as Tamiyaclub did when it started, in fact quite a few here are the same people as in the early days of TC.
There are still more than a few knowledgeable people there (Terry SC being one obvious one) that are only too happy to share their knowledge.
:oops: hey, I'll help anyone out and will do anything to promote the hobby. The more newbies we get involved the better chance of the hobby growing. I run an r/c club now rather than race because I get more of a kick out of seeing new r/cers enjoying the hobby due to my actions than just rolling up and racing. I must say though I still spend much more time over here these days.
Having said that - I would encourage the admin on this forum to keep a tight reign on membership here. While it may not be fashionable or politically correct to have what is essentially a "club for the boys only" - this place is GOLD for freaks like us that really just admire the hard core racing gear etc. I was just talking to Jay on this very subject. I have only told a select few of my friends about this place - not because I dont want this place to grow -= but because I would hate to see it become to commercial.
I agree, that is the problem with Tamiyaclub, it's grown so popular it attracts everyone. The equivalent on here would be in 2-3 years time the site is full of bashers and racers with their B4s and T4s and we've all moved on somewhere else :cry:

terry.sc
Approved Member

Post by terry.sc »

shodog wrote: Now if you do find those tecnacraft wheels in an auction, I am expecting an email :lol:
Every time mate, or would you rather I posted it on here :lol:

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

terry.sc wrote:I agree, that is the problem with Tamiyaclub, it's grown so popular it attracts everyone. The equivalent on here would be in 2-3 years time the site is full of bashers and racers with their B4s and T4s and we've all moved on somewhere else :cry:
We must all do everything we can so that it never happens, it would be a disaster... :twisted: :twisted:

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

Asso_man! wrote:
terry.sc wrote:I agree, that is the problem with Tamiyaclub, it's grown so popular it attracts everyone. The equivalent on here would be in 2-3 years time the site is full of bashers and racers with their B4s and T4s and we've all moved on somewhere else :cry:
We must all do everything we can so that it never happens, it would be a disaster... :twisted: :twisted:
Yeah. Not to be a total old crusty geezer, but I cannot stand hack3r speak posts. It's one of the reasons I hardly post at radiocontrolzone. There's a few losers there that have that "forum respect" because they have 50,000 posts and the racer/bashers think they're gods. Here's what I think they look like:
Attachments
261457181_83009a8652_o.jpg
"wot is ur fav moter for going fast"
261457181_83009a8652_o.jpg (60.81 KiB) Viewed 1173 times
261457181_83009a8652_o.jpg (60.81 KiB) Viewed 1173 times

FifthScaleRacer
Approved Member

Post by FifthScaleRacer »

I guess I just view this hobby differently then those mods over at TC.

When I see a good deal on a vintage item on EBAY, I have no problem posting it on this forum. Why? Because I view this as a small community, and don't mind helping others. The sense of community is worth alot more than the few dollars I would have saved if I kept the auction secret.

And why does anyone need a "good reason" to post live auction links anyhow? Isn't freedom of information a good enough reason in the first place?

Anyhow I agree that each and every board has a right to it's own rules. By the same token, everyone has a right to comment and critic those rules.

Tadracket
Approved Member

Post by Tadracket »

FifthScaleRacer wrote: And why does anyone need a "good reason" to post live auction links anyhow? Isn't freedom of information a good enough reason in the first place?
How about keeping people from buying up cars dirt cheap then hacking them up and listing parts with ridiculously high BINs. But at the same time put other parts on as auctions and clean up when some poor noob getting into the hobby says, "..well they wanted $100 BIN for that one so I'll bid $90 for this one."

I've seen them do it. Put one part up for $50 BIN then a day later put an identical piece up for $5 starting bid and get $45 for a part that you can still buy at tower for $20.

I have beaten those guys at auction and I giggle every time I do. But I can't get them all. If I see a $20 car in the last hours, I'll post it in a hurry. Even if I plan on bidding. Sometimes :lol:
He's an idiot. Comes from upbringing. His parents are probably idiots too.

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

RichieRich wrote:Here's what I think they look like:
Where did you get that picture of me...I disabled the video cam a long time ago...LOL.

Guess I shouldnt post my B4/T4 pics then? KIDDING!!!!

I agree, I enjoy this site to e-benchrace all the cars of my youth, and I want to keep it this way.
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

FifthScaleRacer wrote:I guess I just view this hobby differently then those mods over at TC.

I guess you didnt read any of the posts between your last one and this one? :shock:

It's all good.

Cheers

Darryn Johnson
TO KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING - YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN
VENOM International | Factory Pilot - Team SCHUMACHER UK | J-Concepts USA | B-Fast Performance USA | Bugle Boy Racing | MAX Racing Products International

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

it might just be me, but i wouldnt mind putting into effect a ban on posting anything associated thats made in china.

everything but the bodies that is. :mrgreen:

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

badhoopty wrote:it might just be me, but i wouldnt mind putting into effect a ban on posting anything associated thats made in china.

everything but the bodies that is. :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

LOLOL

:D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:
TO KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING - YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN
VENOM International | Factory Pilot - Team SCHUMACHER UK | J-Concepts USA | B-Fast Performance USA | Bugle Boy Racing | MAX Racing Products International