U.S. Indoor Championships Cleveland, OH(upd 11/26 10:11cst)

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

U.S. Indoor Championships Cleveland, OH(upd 11/26 10:11cst)

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

My cousins are going up from southern IL to race in this. Anyone here going?
http://www.indoorchamps.net/index.html

Here's a pic one of them sent me last night. Some custome decals they had made. I'm sure they'll text me plenty of pics from the race next week just to keep me jealous. :mrgreen:

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Re: U.S. Indoor Championships Cleveland, OH

Post by Charlie don't surf »

I have a few past team mates that will be running in the top 3 all weekend! Never attended Cleveland personally though :|

covell2
Approved Member

Post by covell2 »

Going Sunday a.m. to watch the mains!

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Well I got an update from my cousins. I should get quite a few and I don't have too much going on over the next few days so I'll try to post up for those at all interested. :D They are getting ready for the second round of practice. 6:30 est.

Tweaking before practice this a.m.

Track Layout

Smoked motor during practice :lol:

David's overly dramatic reaction to the smoked motor(deliberate for the photo I assure you. Genius! :lol: )

Wheel Shot

We all text each other about 1000x a week about r/c(more than 13 year old girls about Justin Bieber :oops: )even when we're not racing, so there should be plenty to follow. :D
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Re: U.S. Indoor Championships Cleveland, OH(upd 11/24 5:45cs

Nothing very interesting to report(if you don't know me or them :lol: ), but my cousins are doing decent in the standings for a couple of club racers. They smoked another motor. Very competitive and over the top technical set-ups. They're having loads of fun though. Wish I was there. :cry: Final qualifying results pending this evening.

A pic from a local eatery. Yes, they're identical twins. They fit every stereotype for twins too! :lol: Been tight since we were kids. they got me into r/c with their Lobo! :mrgreen:

Ken

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Re: U.S. Indoor Championships Cleveland, OH(upd 11/26 8:19cs

A last second adjustment pic I just got. I have no idea what is going on here... :roll:

Ken

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Re: U.S. Indoor Championships Cleveland, OH(upd 11/26 8:48cs

Damn, now I really wish I was there. :lol: Celebrating small success so far! 8)

Ken

covell2
Approved Member

Re: U.S. Indoor Championships Cleveland, OH(upd 11/26 10:11c

Post by covell2 »

Cool pics! leaving the house right now!

covell2
Approved Member

Post by covell2 »

Well just got back from The Indoor Champs and I would have to say that that was a poor excuse for a race!!!! I know the economy sucks and gas prices are high again but the turnout was very low for just about every class, for example the mod touring car A Main had four cars in it!! I'm not sure if the fact that there are now three big onroad races a year, The Indoor Champs, Snowbirds, and the IIRC in Vegas or the economy are to blame. But the amount of stupid class splits in my mind are to blame, way to many choices of witch class to run, Imho there is no need for anything but 12th scale stock and mod, touring car stock and mod and wgt. I thought that when the boosted escs came out that there where a cool idea but now I think they might have ruined on road racing!

Dirtdiver
Approved Member

Post by Dirtdiver »

I agree that there are too many classes at races.

So I take it not too many factory drivers showed up. Who won the A-mains?

covell2
Approved Member

Post by covell2 »

Some kid from canada, named Kevin Hebert won most of the big classes he's sponsored by team associated. The top mains had some of the big names but not like years past.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

covell2 wrote:Well just got back from The Indoor Champs and I would have to say that that was a poor excuse for a race!!!! I know the economy sucks and gas prices are high again but the turnout was very low for just about every class, for example the mod touring car A Main had four cars in it!! I'm not sure if the fact that there are now three big onroad races a year, The Indoor Champs, Snowbirds, and the IIRC in Vegas or the economy are to blame. But the amount of stupid class splits in my mind are to blame, way to many choices of witch class to run, Imho there is no need for anything but 12th scale stock and mod, touring car stock and mod and wgt. I thought that when the boosted escs came out that there where a cool idea but now I think they might have ruined on road racing!
My cousins had told me at one point something like 138 entries. I thought that was very low. Our track breaks 200 on several big races throughout the year. I would expect a lot more.

As for too many classes I agree also. Thru texts it was hard to even tell exactly what classes they were running. Whatever happened to stock and mod?? :?
Ken

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

138??? That's really really low, considering most run more than one class-