3trxvintage
Approved Member

Traxxas LS-II

Post by 3trxvintage »

scr8p
Administrator

Re: Traxxas LS-II

Post by scr8p »

nice. i had one for a short time in '93.

losiXXXman
Approved Member

Post by losiXXXman »

I LOVED my LS2. Of course it was the vehicle that I REALLY learned how to drive with, and started having race success with so that kind of figures. Think you'll ever find a new body for it? :? I really liked the body that truck had, and another kid at the track had the LS but his body was not as cool - too wide.

Great job on the restores!

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

can you put up a picture of the rear arms on both cars please? I'd like to see the difference between them.
And are the front arms different widths also? or is it the font bulkhead hinge locations which are spaced further apart?

3trxvintage
Approved Member

Post by 3trxvintage »

Mr. ED wrote:can you put up a picture of the rear arms on both cars please? I'd like to see the difference between them.
And are the front arms different widths also? or is it the font bulkhead hinge locations which are spaced further apart?
The front and rear arms are the same. The front bulkhead is also the same. The main difference between these two trucks is the LS-II has the battery box and the upper deck. Other than that they are almost identicial.

3trxvintage
Approved Member

Post by 3trxvintage »

losiXXXman wrote:I LOVED my LS2. Of course it was the vehicle that I REALLY learned how to drive with, and started having race success with so that kind of figures. Think you'll ever find a new body for it? :? I really liked the body that truck had, and another kid at the track had the LS but his body was not as cool - too wide.

Thanks, I do have a new body. It is the team blue groove nitro hawk body. This is the same body that was also used on the Blue Eagle-LS.

harry697
Approved Member

Post by harry697 »

3trxvintage wrote:
Mr. ED wrote:can you put up a picture of the rear arms on both cars please? I'd like to see the difference between them.
The front and rear arms are the same. The front bulkhead is also the same. The main difference between these two trucks is the LS-II has the battery box and the upper deck. Other than that they are almost identicial.

+1. All suspension components are identical with the exception of the hard-anodized shock bodies on the LS_II (LS had standard blue shock bodies). Only actual differences between the two are the battery boxes/ upper deck (Zero-Flex Chassis) and the bellcranks and stand-offs. The LS used the old style bellcranks like the Bullet, TRX-1, and Blue Eagle while the LS-II used the SRT/ Nitro Rustler bellcranks that had long aluminum stand-offs that connected the upper and lower chassis plates.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

harry697 wrote:+1. All suspension components are identical with the exception of the hard-anodized shock bodies on the LS_II (LS had standard blue shock bodies). Only actual differences between the two are the battery boxes/ upper deck (Zero-Flex Chassis) and the bellcranks and stand-offs. The LS used the old style bellcranks like the Bullet, TRX-1, and Blue Eagle while the LS-II used the SRT/ Nitro Rustler bellcranks that had long aluminum stand-offs that connected the upper and lower chassis plates.
and thats why I like it when Sam shows up 8) . There is no traxxastodd without 'harry697' and his info :wink: .

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

3trxvintage
Approved Member

Post by 3trxvintage »

klavy69 wrote:
harry697 wrote:+1. All suspension components are identical with the exception of the hard-anodized shock bodies on the LS_II (LS had standard blue shock bodies). Only actual differences between the two are the battery boxes/ upper deck (Zero-Flex Chassis) and the bellcranks and stand-offs. The LS used the old style bellcranks like the Bullet, TRX-1, and Blue Eagle while the LS-II used the SRT/ Nitro Rustler bellcranks that had long aluminum stand-offs that connected the upper and lower chassis plates.
and thats why I like it when Sam shows up 8) . There is no traxxastodd without 'harry697' and his info :wink: .

Todd
I agree, Harry if you make it back to this thread you need to eventually get a job with Traxxas and work on the long overdue SRT-2 and TCP-2. :D that would be cool 8)

cunawarit
Approved Member

Post by cunawarit »

3trxvintage wrote:I agree, Harry if you make it back to this thread you need to eventually get a job with Traxxas and work on the long overdue SRT-2 and TCP-2. :D that would be cool 8)
I can't believe that Traxxas hasn't done a TCP (Total Racing Package) for the Slash. :)

It is the closest thing they have right now to a race car, and people have already done the homework for them in terms of what it takes to make the Slash competitive. Traxxas needs to release it with their own low centre of gravity chassis, a full set of springs, and team up with ProLine for their racing tranny and tyres.

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

3trxvintage wrote:
losiXXXman wrote:I LOVED my LS2. Of course it was the vehicle that I REALLY learned how to drive with, and started having race success with so that kind of figures. Think you'll ever find a new body for it? :? I really liked the body that truck had, and another kid at the track had the LS but his body was not as cool - too wide.

Thanks, I do have a new body. It is the team blue groove nitro hawk body. This is the same body that was also used on the Blue Eagle-LS.
are you sure about this, tjhe body thing? if yes then i have a new found interest in restoring my lsII!?,

Thanks
Paul
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

harry697 wrote:
3trxvintage wrote:

+1. All suspension components are identical with the exception of the hard-anodized shock bodies on the LS_II (LS had standard blue shock bodies). Only actual differences between the two are the battery boxes/ upper deck (Zero-Flex Chassis) and the bellcranks and stand-offs. The LS used the old style bellcranks like the Bullet, TRX-1, and Blue Eagle while the LS-II used the SRT/ Nitro Rustler bellcranks that had long aluminum stand-offs that connected the upper and lower chassis plates.
thanks Harry!

Paul
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

klavy69

Post by klavy69 »

Lonestar wrote:Thanks, I do have a new body. It is the team blue groove nitro hawk body. This is the same body that was also used on the Blue Eagle-LS.
are you sure about this, tjhe body thing? if yes then i have a new found interest in restoring my lsII!?,

Thanks
Paul[/quote]
Paul,
Yep, the LS2 and the nitro hawk are the same but the TBG bodies have the rear wheel wells for a nitro hawk in them for a cut out line where the LS2 is supposed to have a triangular cutout. One of the locals bought a few for his nitro hawks and they weren't all to be desired. The first one he got looked to have been made from a badly damaged body and it looked terrible. TBG sent him another and it was OK so he bought another and it wasn't much better than the first one.

The bodies show up from time to time on ebay but they are pricey. Usually in the $50-$75 range but I got lucky and picked up a traxxas LS2 body for $40 shipped last winter off ebay. Picked up a NIP traxxas nitro hawk for $45 shortly after but let my subscription run out on 'vintage traxxas' so don't know if any others have been floating around.

Sam(harry697) still has a NIB LS2 IIRC and might have some pix to share if he checks back in.

Todd

3trxvintage
Approved Member

Post by 3trxvintage »

Hey Todd,

The Nitro Hawk and the Blue Eagle-LS actually use the same body part #1912.

While the SRT and the LS-2 use the same body part #2511.

I recieved a team blue groove nitro hawk body with my LS-2. I will probably be using it on my BELS.

If you check out the box art pictures you can tell there is a difference between the LS-2/SRT body and the Nitro Hawk/Blue Eagle-LS body see pictures.

Nitro Hawk/Blue Eagle-LS body #1912
getuserimage.jpg
LS-II/SRT body #2511

klavy69

Post by klavy69 »

Yeah, I got nitro hawk on the brain again :oops: . There is another post around the forum where abusing pain meds are indicated :lol:

Meant SRT...Either way the locals weren't impressed with the bodys after I led them to TBG. But as mentioned the traxxas bodies show up from time to time on ebay. I've gotten actually 3 SRT bodies over the last year...even though I had to buy a 'lot' to get them. Nitrohawk bodies were a dime a dozen there for awhile.

I just picked up another nitrohawk that sitting there staring at me on the filing cabinet next to Daniels someday Wildcat so everything has been nitrohawk lately :oops:

Todd