My growing vintage RC10 collection

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Chris00gt
Approved Member

My growing vintage RC10 collection

Post by Chris00gt »

First off I'd like to thank everybody on this message board. This has been a great resource in finding parts and upgrading/restoring my old RC10's!! With that said, I thought I'd share a few pictures of my always growing collection.

My newest acquisition an RPM molded ultra narrow RC10. She was in an unopened factory RPM bag, just assembled a few days ago. I'm still picking up parts to finish the build.

Next is my RC10 Worlds Car. It was originally my best friends car that he bought new, and never really ran. He gave it too me after years of sitting in his closet along with the original box and all the instructions.

This is my RC10 graphite car with stealth transmission. I picked this up new from a local hobby shop and raced a few time before going into the basement. I still have the original box and instructions for the car.

Last but not least is my RC10T. I picked this truck up used on ebay to play around with. This was what pulled me back into restoring my old cars including an old Hornet that I had as a child. It pretty much has every RPM part that you could pick up. I still take it too the track every once and awhile to play with. I call her the tank, takes a licken and keeps on thicken!!

This is just more shots of the car with and without the bodies along with some of my other car/truck....T4.1 factory team, SC10 factory team, Bolink invader, Tamaya Hornet.
NEW: SC10 4x4 FT, SC10 FT, (2)T4.1 FT, B4.1 World
OLD RC10's: (4)Worlds, Graphite Team Car, (2)RPM Ultra's, Tekin, B2 Team Car, B3, (3)Champ Editions, Team Car, (2)RC10T Team Truck
Tamiya: Hornet, Fox
Bolink: Invader
Losi: (2)XX, Junior 2, JRX Pro SE

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Re: My growing vintage RC10 collection

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Y spikes, 5 ribs and a hydra! Someone is going for the RCCA review car in the 94' mag 8)

Chris00gt
Approved Member

Post by Chris00gt »

I actually have Losi Hydro drives on all the buggies. The RC10T has the RPM 2.65 transmission in her now, but I have a spare hydro/stealth transmission that used to be in her. I almost had a RPM 2.65 hydro upper shaft off of ebay, but right before it ended it was pulled :-(.

It's funny I actually have 2 sets of "Y" spikes on wheels, and a brand new set in a box that never have been mounted. I used to have really good luck with them back in the day. I actually remember buying the Proline wide 5 tires and front wheels from Kranzels in Lemoyne PA when they still had the indoor off road track many years ago. Ahh the memories..haha
OLD RC10's: (4)Worlds, Graphite Team Car, (2)RPM Ultra's, Tekin, B2 Team Car, B3, (3)Champ Editions, Team Car, (2)RC10T Team Truck

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

I know a bit about Kranzels 8)

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

me too

Chris00gt
Approved Member

Post by Chris00gt »

I pretty much shelved my car when Kranzels stopped running off-road track and went too just a dirt oval. I used to also venture up once and awhile to RC Outfitters in Hanover to run their off-road track, but they also closed not much after Kranzels stopped offering off road. I was actually surprised went I starting getting back into RC cars that Kranzels was still in business, and now in Camp Hill. I stopped in earlier this year to pick up some lexan paint. Glad to see they were still open!!

orangemazda
Approved Member

Post by orangemazda »

Thats a good looking collection. I'm interested to see the Hornet restoration as well! :P

Chris00gt
Approved Member

Post by Chris00gt »

orangemazda wrote:Thats a good looking collection. I'm interested to see the Hornet restoration as well! :P
Here you go ;-)

Chris00gt
Approved Member

Post by Chris00gt »

My newest addition, a Tekin RC10. Picked up an unopened Tekin kit and built her out of spare parts I have collected. I also picked up another RC10 world's car that has all black nylon to go with my other worlds car. Should be delivered in a few days.

Mad Racer
Approved Member

Post by Mad Racer »

Very nice collection of RC10's.

I really like the white narrow chassis rc10.

Very rare rc10's indeed. :D :D :D
Vintage . Older is Better !!!!!!! Vintage At Boondal, Australia.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing/548133-off-road-vintage-boondal.html

mamadoesntletme
Approved Member

Post by mamadoesntletme »

What is that ESC you have on your RC10T,is it a LRP spin?

wyldbill
Approved Member

Post by wyldbill »

it truly was a sad sad day when kranzel's tore up the dirt track and laied down carpet, i'm just glad i was there and got to run on it. the other sad day was when they moved, a sign of the times i guess.

Chris00gt
Approved Member

Post by Chris00gt »

mamadoesn`tletme wrote:What is that ESC you have on your RC10T,is it a LRP spin?
It's nothing special, just a regular LPR AI speed control that I picked up off of ebay. Just wanted something with reverse when I went out playing.

Chris00gt
Approved Member

Post by Chris00gt »

wyldbill wrote:it truly was a sad sad day when kranzel's tore up the dirt track and laied down carpet, i'm just glad i was there and got to run on it. the other sad day was when they moved, a sign of the times i guess.
I actually went to another RC hot spot back in the day...back in the 80's. It was Willow Mills Amusement park in Mechanicsburg, PA. They used to have an indoor carpet oval and an out door clay oval. Well we were out driving in the area and I stopped back to check on the place. I've know the amusement park closed decades ago, but I was shocked to drive up and find out the land is now a township park. The building that had the inside track is no more, but the oval and a paved oval are still there. Lucky for me I had my SC10 in the trunk and took her out to play. Looks like the track had been sitting for some time and kids on bikes had been playing on it. I did do some research and it seems like it was used in 2008-2010 and then group fell apart. Kind of sad...wish I had time or I'd see if the park would allow me to setup an off-road track in place of the oval and start racing again!!

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

mmmnnnnn...proline cross pins on the tekin chassis. You'll like them on that oval if you decide to run it 8)

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!