Trek posted his, so here is mine.

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

SDmonza

Trek posted his, so here is mine.

Post by SDmonza »

Tons of aftermarket parts. Unfortunately we never really had anywhere to race so drove the streets most of the time. Lot of fond memories!
Attachments
Adjustable rear toe-in.
Adjustable rear toe-in.
DSC_0016 (Small).JPG
DSC_0015 (Small).JPG
DSC_0014 (Small).JPG
DSC_0013 (Small).JPG
DSC_0012 (Small).JPG
DSC_0011 (Small).JPG
DSC_0019 (Small).JPG
My old RC10
My old RC10

trek
Approved Member

Re: Trek posted his, so here is mine.

Post by trek »

Wow, foam tires held up, mine are all cracked. I don't have my wing anymore, not sure where that went. I forgot you had drilled out your cassis as well. Have you opened up the tranny to see how it looks? Some of my bearings were a bit wobbly, so I orderd up a whole new set. Much cheaper then they were back in the day. You got pics of your other body?

SDmonza

Post by SDmonza »

I haven't done anything with it yet other than clean it up a bit. Actually have a couple other bodies that are Andys. After looking around here I remembered that we got the whole setup from the Ranch Pit Shop originally.
I'll have to take some more pictures, including the box that I still have.
Hope to get it on the road for a few laps. Even some of my old Nicad packs still work!

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Welcome to the board. Every time I see the Hyperdrive system it just seems like there should be a belt retainer on that spur gear. It just seems like the belt would always be sliding off. Apparently not though.
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

lilpanther
Approved Member

Post by lilpanther »

That's the first time I have ever seen a RC10 set up like that with the belt drive and the little foam tires. Look's like it would be fun on the road(with a chassis protector of course).

SDmonza

Post by SDmonza »

It was remarkably durable with the bumper up front. I don't remember breaking much and we drove them pretty hard as is apparent with the road rash on the chassis pan.
Just remembered that my Dad got the whole setup from the Ranch Pit Shop. There was a dirt track we raced at together and eventually it was just me modding and driving. Not sure how many years later Trek and I drove together. There were a couple other guys on our block that I built RC10s for as well. I'm hoping that I can maybe get back at it with my son like Trek is doing with his girls. He's only 4. I have a Clod Buster too that I am sure he would like.