Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

abailey21
Approved Member

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Post by abailey21 »

I preordered one because like a lot of other people I never got to build one as a kid in the 80's. I plan on racing at my local track and I plan on finishing my brother in laws graphite with the newly available parts, and maybe my own vintage car because parts wont be so freakin expensive and I can afford to finish mine now.

LTO_Dave
Approved Member

Post by LTO_Dave »

I had to follow all you RC10 fanboys on here and just pre-ordered one kit from Tower. :mrgreen:

I ordered a few other small parts and used a $40 coupon, so not a bad deal for one of these.

kink
Approved Member

Post by kink »

I am not hugely convinced any of us will be here in a decade anyway, the way the world is going right now. So buy them, thrash them and have fun while you can.
GARBO 1/8

mtbkym01

Post by mtbkym01 »

rcrob wrote:
MelvinsArmy wrote:Is everybody excited to have a new RC100 that they can run and not be afraid of scratching and breaking, or are people more excited to have a new box to put on the shelf to collect dust as an "investment"? All this talk and concern about limited numbers begs the question.

Inquiring minds want to know.
Kinda like fake boobs, they look good but deep down inside everybody knows they're no real.
My motto is "If I can touch them.......they're real" :lol:
You name it - and I want it ;)
If it's Old Skool, It's Kool

rcrob
Approved Member

Post by rcrob »

85Edinger wrote: If AE does a good job with their updates to the 6 gear, there's no reason it should be hard to build. And yes, I have built a 6 gear.
Why are people excited?
.You can buy and build a brand new Rc10 and not feel bad about running it
.There's a chance this will spawn re-releases of later Rc10's
.Parts that have been out of production for a while (short arms, rear bulkhead, chassis, nose plate, transmission, anything made from white nylon, etc.) will become available again. Other than the shocks, body, wing, dogbones, and axles, there's not going to be a major part on this car that's currently available new.
And I know it's been asked before, but in what way is this not a real Rc10?
Anybody that enjoyed that says they enjoyed the experience of building a 6-gear, well ...................... :lol:
Why would anybody feel bad about buying an old-stock RC10 and running it?
So there's a chance of having availability of more cars that are outdated? Yippee!
I'm guessing it'd be a safe bet that these new cars won't be made using nylon, while or otherwise.
There still tons of old-stock parts out there, last I checked - my "vintage RC10" search on ebay is the largest of an of them I have.
It's been widely noted in the past that the old molds and stampings are gone. It's not a "real RC10" in the same sense that fake boobs aren't real boobs. :wink:
mtbkym01 wrote: My motto is "If I can touch them.......they're real" :lol:
Come on man, you're into tamiya collecting. What do you know about real? :lol:

Taylorm
Approved Member

Post by Taylorm »

RC10th wrote:So if these cars will be as rare as they claim who is actually going to run theirs?
..Im gonna run the CRAP outta mine...NO driveway or street action though...don't want those dreaded gouges
on the chassis... :D ...2nd kit is staying in sealed box...till I figure what to do with it later.... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Taylorm
Approved Member

Post by Taylorm »

RichieRich wrote:I intend to build mine. Watching them collect dust is no fun. I mean, look at the guy trying to sell a case of RC10s on ebay recently. Talk about a drop in value. I wonder if he knew about the re-release.
..I saw that...did he ever sell them???

rcrob
Approved Member

Post by rcrob »

SRTracer121 wrote:also, some food for thought, think about how many tamiyas and rc10's were sold bitd and think about what cars are selling the best right now. if i were gonna put money into a collectors car id buy a few nib slash 2wd's. in 20 years that'll be the cars to lust after.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

scr8p wrote:
Coelacanth wrote:How many of you are gonna drill holes in your pans to decrease weight? :P
scr8p raises hand....

Chopping the sides down too. :wink:
servo saver hole too :oops:

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

no.... no servo saver hole. it's gonna get a color change though......

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

orangemazda wrote:I'm torn, I keep coming back to this thread, trying to figure out what I want to do.

In one reguard, It would be very cool to own a re re original replica. However I never liked the narrow front arms and the kidney bean wheels...

So I'd almost be forced to swap out for the team car arms and wheels...

Then I think, if I don't buy a re re now, maybe AE will "see" not as much interest and not release a re re CE or team car? Not that my one purchace will swing the balance...but if several people think as I do, hmmmm....

At this point I'm more excited about the parts like other people have said.
i feel the same way.. im happy to see the rere but i dont think i need to buy one. not saying i will never get one but its not a must buy. i will be buying up some parts. im not a fan the 6 gear but i really want to see what they did to the trans. as i asked before will you need the 6606 bearing adapter to run bearings? what im looking forward to the most is seeing builds and parts comparisons on this site...

Bft450

Post by Bft450 »

Ok I guess I need one!

vintage racer
Approved Member

Post by vintage racer »

I just ordered a second one locally,I will run one and keep the other as an investment,I think they will go up in value over a year or 2 if the 2000 limit is true,No one will be rich by selling their re release off but I like anything that goes up in value,even if its sitting in my shed.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

longboardnj wrote:as i asked before will you need the 6606 bearing adapter to run bearings?
in the original 6 gear, you need them period. bushings or bearings.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

MelvinsArmy wrote:
SFC K wrote:
SRTracer121 wrote: also, some food for thought, think about how many tamiyas and rc10's were sold bitd and think about what cars are selling the best right now. if i were gonna put money into a collectors car id buy a few nib slash 2wd's. in 20 years that'll be the cars to lust after.

Not a chance. They sold so many of them it is not even funny and like other vintage Traxxas RC's, they will not pull in much $$.
I bet there were a lot more RC10s sold then there have been Slashes sold. 10 years ago you could pick up RC10s and spares for next to nothing. Nobody (except a few of us) was interested in them. That slowly changed and here we are.
10 years ago, ebay was a freaking hella good time...
http://pics.montypics.com/badhoopty/2010-04-07/1270694839_runnersrollers.jpg

8)