XX4 racer - few questions

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

_timmy_
Approved Member

XX4 racer - few questions

Post by _timmy_ »

So, i've had this car about 12 months or so now, and to be honest with other projects and stuff going on i'd completely forgotten about it, then during a search for some other bits a week ago i found it tucked away in a corner!
I'd like to race it in a few local meets this year, tracks will be grass and/or astro, and have a couple of questions .
Are there any weak points that need 'fixes' or is she good to go as she is? I've got a good selection of bits that came with it, but want to make sure i'm carrying the bits that may fail.
I'm planning on running a mild 10.5 sensored brushless system on 5000 lipo's, what gearing will i need?
Whats the best way of securing the lipo's?

All help and advice much appreciated

cheers
Attachments
XX4 top.jpg
XX4 bottom.jpg

slapshot1979
Approved Member

Re: XX4 racer - few questions

Post by slapshot1979 »

It looks like your off to a good start. they are amazing cars. clean and super smooth diffs a must for me. Belts are a bit of a problem there is an aftermarket set available. front bulkhead tends to break but there is a good correction for that. You have beefed up shock towers which is a plus. There is a thread "open xx4 discussion" (or something like that) in the losi section which may have some info. and also some great builds on here that Im sure you may benifit from reading. My xx4 puts a smile on my face :D
Sleeps with a night light on, not because he's scared of the dark but because the dark is scared of him...........stay thirsty my friends

rccars4sal
Approved Member

Post by rccars4sal »

If you take off the rear belt cover and flip it over, there are some nubs molded in that help to locate the round cells from yester year. Just grind off those nubs, and a hard case saddle pack, or shorty lipo will fit under there. For racing, extra front arms, front shock towers, steering c hubs and knuckles, are the most often needed. Then front bulkhead, rear arms, rear shock towers, rear hubs. The early stifzel plastic is stronger than the graphite parts. Its heavier, but has slightly more flex in a crash.

_timmy_
Approved Member

Post by _timmy_ »

@slapshot1979 - Thx, i'll check out the discussion thread. The belts in the car look pretty good and there's a couple of used green belts and a nip losa3202 green belt with the spares assortment. They should keep me going for now.

@rccars4sal - cheers for the tip for the saddle packs. I've got pretty much all the spares you mentioned with the car. But only one front arm and no front bulkheads so better keep an eye out for some of those.
The front and rear shock towers have been doubled up with carbon fibre ones fitted behind, presume thats an after market upgrade for strength?