Hello from North Carolina

Forum rules, site questions/comments, new member introductions.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Bandit13
Approved Member

Hello from North Carolina

Post by Bandit13 »

Hello my friends. My name is Eric Furr. I'm living in Albemarle, North Carolina. I grew up in Charlotte. Started racing R/C cars in 1984. I was a member of Scale Modelers Association(SMA) in Charlotte, for many years. I've raced everything from 1/12th scale electric road coarse to 1/8th gas off road, and everything in between. I've been lucky enough to win local, regional, and even 1 nation title. I've done all this with only 1 arm and two fingers. That's how I picked up the name, "One Arm Bandit". I've enjoyed my years of R/Cing. I've made friends, and it's given me something I could call my own and excel in. Maybe some of my friends are members here. If not; oh well. I look forward to meeting, and friending new ones here.

ChisaiKuso
Approved Member

Re: Hello from North Carolina

Post by ChisaiKuso »

Hello and welcome. 8)
Something clever goes here...

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

Welcome to the site ! Don

85Edinger
Approved Member

Post by 85Edinger »

Welcome!
How is it even possible to drive an r/c car with one arm and two fingers, much less race successfully?
Do you still have any cars? If so please post pictures!
. . . you have Associated Green Slime for brains. And not even new Green Slime, but old gooped out Green Slime.

Bandit13
Approved Member

Post by Bandit13 »

Well driving the turned out to be the easy part. My parents raised me as if I had all my arms and fingers. So to me; you guys are the ones that are different! LoL!

As far as my cars; yes. I'm restoring the Renegade. I'm still looking For my old Schumacher(pic below). I do still have the first PRO 12 my father bought me and we raced. We raced it for one year. That year we racked up 36 wins. That included one of my regional victories. That was the year that the phrase;"The Bandit's Come to Steal The Show" got started. I will say this; it wasn't done without help. Back then we were friends and sponsored by Tate McDanials(CAM), and Tim Motorn(TRC). So we got trick parts and help with setups. As far as being successful, that helped. But; I've always had a very aggressive personality. I don't let anything stop me. If anything it makes me strive harder. I wanted to win. So I pushed till I did. And when I started winning, I didn't stop. I'll try and dig up some old pics for you. I think I still have the ones from my regional win. The trophy girl was super hot and wearing a bikini. I was only 15 and my mom hates those pics still to this day! LoL!

Btw... I have my 1/8th scale gas car as well.

Only difference between mine and this pic is my chassis was setup to use stick batteries. Not the saddle packs like this one has. But; identical front and rearends.
Attachments
c_car_ftq_500.jpg
c_car_ftq_500.jpg (28.89 KiB) Viewed 1062 times
c_car_ftq_500.jpg
c_car_ftq_500.jpg (28.89 KiB) Viewed 1062 times

R Cane
Approved Member

Post by R Cane »

That's awesome! Was your transmitter modified? I'm trying to imagine how I would hold it, steer, and throttle...
Mad respect, brother!

Bandit13
Approved Member

Post by Bandit13 »

Nope. No mods were made to my radios over the years. I've use Magnum Jr`s, Magnums, Kraft, and KO`s. I was always able to use them all with no mods. I do have a nub on the right side that I use to steer with.

SONYtec

Post by SONYtec »

Welcome!!!

Awesome!!!