Hello from North NJ

Forum rules, site questions/comments, new member introductions.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Farabomb
Approved Member

Hello from North NJ

Post by Farabomb »

Started with some crappy Toy store RC's. Luckily there was a local hobby store to set me right. I managed to get a used RC10 as my first car. Then a used Jrx2 pro. I still have both but the Jrx is little more than a chassis and a trans now. The RC10 is still a roller and I have a few extra parts including another chassis.

I took a long break from RC because life. After becoming involved with a 1:1 scale race team with the driver being an ex-tamiya driver the seed was planted again. I bought a T-Maxx because I always wanted a gas car. Then the driver bought a REVO, another friend saw the fun and got one. Many broken parts later I bought a RC18 to play with while fixing the T-Maxx. Then the friend talked his wife into a track in their backyard. We must have sold 15+ RC18's for the LHS along with every hop up you could order. Worst part about that was the the tamiya driver that ran a bone dead stock kit would wipe the floor with us. Castle setups, carbon parts, whatever, he'd win hands down. Might be the reason we have him as our driver in the 1:1 racecar.

Another short break to concentrate on the race shop and a move to the woods brought me to crawlers. I have a SCX10 and a Wraith that suits the local terrain much better. After a few turn at the wheel the woman made me get the wraith so she would have something to play with.

All of this lands me here. I have a RC10 Worlds reissue in the mail on it's way to me. I was pissed I missed the RC10 reissue. I knew it was happening but life got in the way and I missed my chance. Until recently I didn't even know they reissued the Worlds car. It was something I lusted over when it came out but the funds weren't there. Now thanks to that understanding woman I can have one.

I'm still not sure it won't be a shelf queen like my tamiya Subaru BRAT. The 1:1 racecar we are presently campaigning is a Subaru BRZ. We are a Subaru shop and have been tracking and racing them since well before the WRX hit the USDM. You get noticed when you bring a SVX as a DE car and race a Turbo legacy when the WRX just comes out in the US.

I have a feeling the RC10 Worlds won't be parked on a shelf. That's why I signed up here. Hopefully the forum's knowledge can point me in the right direction.
When in doubt, throttle out. It may not help the situation but it will end the suspense

RC: Org RC10 ReRe RC10 Worlds RC18T RC18B RC18R SCX10 Wraith MREV T-Maxx Subaru Brat Blackfoot QX180 ProtoX PFV and Nano

Crewchief for AZPInstalls BRZ PTD racecar

Hcp22
Approved Member

Re: Hello from North NJ

Post by Hcp22 »

Welcome "Farabomb" :D
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback