North Carolina tornadoes

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

North Carolina tornadoes

Post by Charlie don't surf »

I know that the south east was really wrecked through out the day today at 2:40 I had a rain wrapped tornado cross 1/4 miles in front of my truck today and then went on in the next 2 minutes to completely destroy a Lowes Home store 1 mile from where I was working until 2:30-

http://www.wral.com

But the storms went on to mess up Raleigh and the surrounding areas where Losixxxman, Thunderstrike and 1 other member here live- I hope all is well-

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Re: North Carolina tornadoes

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Glad you're ok. Hope everyone else is. We have a pretty good threat around here quite often. About 6 years ago there was a really serious one that killed quite a few people and did multi-millions in damage. I remember the night it happened I didn't take it very seriously because you get so many warnings here, but watching the news the next day and seeing the line of the tornado just a couple miles south of my house was very creepy. I worked in a grocery store thru college and I was working when it got hit by a weak one. It tore one of the bay doors away as I was about 30 feet from it. We keep a weather radio on all the time now and a make-shift shelter in an inner hallway closet. Having a kid made me get much more serious about them.
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

Yeah im ok had some serious breeze blowin through and lots of rain and busted up trees.Found my dogs house half mile down the road.Let him out and he was like wheres my stuff!! lol It was funny had to be there.I think it was like 5 that hit the state.Hope every body else is ok.DON

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

THUNDERSTRIKE1 wrote:Found my dogs house half mile down the road.Let him out and he was like wheres my stuff!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Glad you're ok Don!
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken