BORMAC's XLS

The place for all things Schumacher.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Bormac
Approved Member

Re: BORMAC's XLS

Post by Bormac »

Moggie I have a few cars that I dont run and just stay on the shelf. I look at it this way though, these cars were never designed to be static models and as nice as it is to keep them in pristine condition I get far more enjoyment from running them than seeing them sitting idly on a shelf. I guess it just depends on the individual though. I like building up and running the old cars because I used to see the old cars running back in the day but I just was not able to afford them. Now I have been able to gather some of the old cars I just want to experience what it is like driving them. I dont beat them to hell though either.
In the past Ive owned some very hard to come by and quite expensive cars. I never drove them. When the need for some extra ca$h to too great I sold them. Now I'll never get a chance to run those cars. I have a showrrom on Tamiyaclub and I have plenty of pretty pictures and I guess thats the consilation for me. I have the opportunity to lok back at them and remember how they looked.
On another note,I used to have a Nikko Super Sprint and the BRAT upworks conversion set new in box. They lived in a cupboard for atleat 12 months and on occassion I would take them out,look over them then put them put them back. Hardly thrilling I know. I was offered near $1000 usd one day for the lot and in the end the deal soured and I kept them. I decided what the hell Im gunna build this car up and Im so glad I did. Ive run the car in 2 vintage events and to my suprise the car is actually really good to drive. The car is stil in top condition and ive had the chance to drive it and have a great time puting it in competition. I figured that if I broke something I would just glue it back together ( much like a static model) and sit it on a shelf. Until that day Im just going to keep on enjoying it.
I guess the moral to the story here is that if I had have sold that car off I would never have known what it was like to drive the thing. Sure i would have made a pile of money but I would have spent it on something possibly far less interesting than this rare kit. I guess its up to you what you do with your cars.
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980

phoenix
Approved Member

Post by phoenix »

asashaw wrote:this worth anything?
Hi Asa, i'd be interested in the XLS Body, please PM me.

Thanks

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

I took the afternoon off yesterday and decided it was time to practise what I preach and get my CAT dirty. Man I had no idea just how much fun it would be running this car! It was a little bit of a handful running the kit spike tyres and a sweet 13 triple I had RETRO R/C spin me up. Along with my 4200 race packs the car screamed around the track with huge controlled power slides on the loamy track surface. I can wait to run it again!
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

dangermouse
Approved Member

Post by dangermouse »

Good stuff. You need a front swaybar on it, also a rear one if the track is smooth, makes them drive sideways even better. 8)

If you do fit a front swaybar, mount it on the underside of the topdeck, rather than above it. Saves cutting the top belt cover, and keeps more dust out.

Looks like you need to lower your rear camber bracket.

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

Thanks DM. I have the sway bars and I was ging to slip the front under the top plate as you are suggesting. :D As for the rear camber link-yeah I swapped the pick up point on the RH side to fit a bigger spur and forget to do the same with the other side. I'll get to it- :lol:
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac