94 95 yz-10 revisited

The place for all things Yokomo.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

rccars4sal
Approved Member

94 95 yz-10 revisited

Post by rccars4sal »

This car was rebuilt by myself not too long ago. Recently developing parts for 94-95-97 caused a partial tear down. These cars have strange plastics. They seem very soft. Not hitting broken screw holes, but multiple rebuilds have torn the threads. This is easily curable by using black fingernail polish inside the screw holes, and on the screw threads. Some folks use ca glue, but I like black paint. It holds tight till the next teardown.

Diffs were built backwards, hopefully not by me,, could be though. Fixing this has somewhat cured a tight driveline feeling. I think the rear belt is tight, and it wants to rub on motor screws. Wondering if anybody has used tough racing rear belts on Yokomo. Ive got a couple of their front belts for 870c-91 and they are a bit slack on an 870. Dont have any rears though.

Also wondering if somebody has a set of 97 rough track shock towers they could entrust me with. I pretty much need them in hand to repro. It might take a month....Id definitely give them back plus some free parts, undamaged for sure.

The car pictured will endure a few more cycles of build and unbuild as parts go on and off. I noticed its really dirty too. Could have sworn it had a complete rebuild.

rccars4sal
Approved Member

Re: 94 95 yz-10 revisited

Post by rccars4sal »

A few questions regarding the differences between standard spec 94, and a 95 wcs.

Steering set up. Which is correct for which car? Ive got a wire type set up and one with carbon fiber plates. The carbon system came on a car that was mostly 94 with some 95-97 wcs thrown in.

Also rear camber plate, probably for 95 wcs?

The 2 screws in front and rear shock towers that most pictures show using king pin screws: Are they really spare king pins? Different length than steering king pins? What goes behind them, O rings?, plastic spacer? In my pic the screws are using blue washers.

rccars4sal
Approved Member

Post by rccars4sal »

Another question. Ive just reprod the 95 wcs camber plate, is the 97 different?

Very interesting trying to duplicate Yokomo parts. Many compound arcs. As much art as engineering in the design, hard to nail every minute detail without actually reproing the design process itself.

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

No, there appears to be a difference:
ZD-733J_2.jpg

picture courtesy of aip47-2008

This is all very interesting!

rccars4sal
Approved Member

Post by rccars4sal »

mmmm pretty.

Peakey
Approved Member

Post by Peakey »

The steering you've got fitted on your car is a WCS setup they came in carbon like you have and in natural G10 too. The wire one is the box standard kit version that came with most Yokes from te 870c onwards.

As for the King pins, in a lightweight parts pack I have you get 4 so enough to build the car so as for extras in the kit Probobly.
The 94's normally have the hex pins on the front tower with some of the red rubber O rings to aid the flex in the tower I'm assuming.