So I got this old DS.....

RC10/12/100/200/250/300/500/Dual Sport
General discussion, builds/restorations etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RABIDFOX50
Approved Member

So I got this old DS.....

Post by RABIDFOX50 »

Snagged a real nice DS on the bay today and I’m in search of a nice race truck body. Any ideas?

Also, this DS has a front roll bar but no rear. Where can a get one for the rear?

KidAgain

Re: So I got this old DS.....

Post by KidAgain »

RABIDFOX50 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 1:39 pm Snagged a real nice DS on the bay today and I’m in search of a nice race truck body. Any ideas?

Also, this DS has a front roll bar but no rear. Where can a get one for the rear?
HPI Silverado body is really really nice I haven’t painted mine yet but it fits great on my DS but to get it super low so the gap on the rear tires isn’t too great you have to cut down the rear body posts to the last hole and have the rear of the body sit on the shock tower no biggie imo.

The rear swaybar is hard to find there is a guy on eBay that sells the nitro version but it doesn’t fit around the shock tower so be careful which one you buy even though some say it is the same it is not I proved it to the seller last week.
Visit Nostalgic RC in the business section or @nostalgicrc on Facebook for your custom RC10DS parts

Gone: RC10, Jrx-2 and Jrx-t
Current: 3 SC10 first gens, 3 SC10 Street Outlaw's, 12 RC10 DS’s, Carbon RC10T, RC10LSS,RC10L, RC10 Graphite,RC10 B44

RABIDFOX50
Approved Member

Post by RABIDFOX50 »

Cool, thanks.

I may have to make my own then if I get time. If I run it a might do the hex conversion for TC 12mm wheels and tires. I have tons for the TC4 and TC6.

Can I use the springs from my TC4 shocks on the DS shocks? Id look for myself but Im at a conference in Sarasota and won't be home til Friday night.

KidAgain

Post by KidAgain »

RABIDFOX50 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:13 pm Cool, thanks.

I may have to make my own then if I get time. If I run it a might do the hex conversion for TC 12mm wheels and tires. I have tons for the TC4 and TC6.

Can I use the springs from my TC4 shocks on the DS shocks? Id look for myself but Im at a conference in Sarasota and won't be home til Friday night.
Springs I’m not sure and for the tires I don’t think the hex conversion is needed unless you have an abundance of TC wheels, just one set of originals and the rubber tires I use should be the business.
Visit Nostalgic RC in the business section or @nostalgicrc on Facebook for your custom RC10DS parts

Current: 3 SC10 first gens, 3 SC10 Street Outlaw's, 12 RC10 DS’s, Carbon RC10T, RC10LSS,RC10L, RC10 Graphite,RC10 B44

RABIDFOX50
Approved Member

Post by RABIDFOX50 »

KidAgain wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:54 pm

Springs I’m not sure and for the tires I don’t think the hex conversion is needed unless you have an abundance of TC wheels, just one set of originals and the rubber tires I use should be the business.

Oh yeah. I think I have eight sets of HPI wheels and tires.

BTW, that HPI Silverado body is killer. I’m watching one on the bay now. My wife is gonna kill me when another RC arrives at the house. :?

KidAgain

Post by KidAgain »

RABIDFOX50 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:17 pm
KidAgain wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:54 pm

Oh yeah. I think I have eight sets of HPI wheels and tires.

BTW, that HPI Silverado body is killer. I’m watching one on the bay now. My wife is gonna kill me when another RC arrives at the house. :?
Tell the wife to buy a purse thats what I do when she sees new things of mine.....................................................

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

KidAgain wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 8:28 am Tell the wife to buy a purse thats what I do when she sees new things of mine.....................................................
Yeah, but that only works as long as you pay for it....
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

RC10th wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 8:55 pm
KidAgain wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 8:28 am Tell the wife to buy a purse thats what I do when she sees new things of mine.....................................................
Buy her a purse, don't buy her a purse.... you pay for it, one way or the other..... :?
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

RABIDFOX50
Approved Member

Post by RABIDFOX50 »

Incredible_Serious wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 11:37 pm
RC10th wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 8:55 pm
Buy her a purse, don't buy her a purse.... you pay for it, one way or the other..... :?

I am way too familiar with purse brands these days. Coach, Dooney, Prada, Etc.. :(

My Discover card weeps...... :wink:

RABIDFOX50
Approved Member

Post by RABIDFOX50 »

I received the DS yesterday and she is in really nice shape. I found that the TC3/4 springs fit the DS shocks perfectly. The only issue with the DS is the rear foam tires and wheels. One of them has the foam tire mounted about 4mm too far to the back of the rim causing the tire to scrape the lower part of the shock. Is there a trick to demounting the foam tire and regluing it in the proper position?

Or should I just do the conversion to 12mm TC wheels and call it a day?

KidAgain

Post by KidAgain »

RABIDFOX50 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:37 am I received the DS yesterday and she is in really nice shape. I found that the TC3/4 springs fit the DS shocks perfectly. The only issue with the DS is the rear foam tires and wheels. One of them has the foam tire mounted about 4mm too far to the back of the rim causing the tire to scrape the lower part of the shock. Is there a trick to demounting the foam tire and regluing it in the proper position?

Or should I just do the conversion to 12mm TC wheels and call it a day?
acitone in a bucket with lid place wheel on shelf above fluid and the fumes soften CA glue takes a couple days and boom they cone off super easy.

P.S. not sure if it will ruin the foam but it does not ruin rubber tires at least mine haven’t.

RABIDFOX50
Approved Member

Post by RABIDFOX50 »

I decided to sell the OEM DS wheels and tires and go the HPI 12mm wheel route. My new question is what mm offset will I need to use for the HPI wheels to clear the DS suspension once I get the 12mm hex conversion done?

KidAgain

Post by KidAgain »

RABIDFOX50 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:07 am I decided to sell the OEM DS wheels and tires and go the HPI 12mm wheel route. My new question is what mm offset will I need to use for the HPI wheels to clear the DS suspension once I get the 12mm hex conversion done?
i would like to purchase the wheels are you going to put them up in the Buy/sell section?

RABIDFOX50
Approved Member

Post by RABIDFOX50 »

KidAgain wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:40 pm
RABIDFOX50 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:07 am I decided to sell the OEM DS wheels and tires and go the HPI 12mm wheel route. My new question is what mm offset will I need to use for the HPI wheels to clear the DS suspension once I get the 12mm hex conversion done?
i would like to purchase the wheels are you going to put them up in the Buy/sell section?
I will let you know.

RABIDFOX50
Approved Member

Post by RABIDFOX50 »

Here is a little tip I discovered but others may already know. I had a few T4 rear swat bars in my parts collection and low and behold, it works on the DS. Everything fit without any bending but you do have to trim off a bit from each end of the bar. Just an FYI if no one found this out. :D