Things that irritate you

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

rctenracer
Approved Member

Re: Things that irritate you

Post by rctenracer »

When calling a company the never ending phone prompt's, press one and say this, press two and say that, etc. then you get someone with a strong foreign accent that you can't understand is currently the top irritating thing on my list.

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

rctenracer wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:08 am When calling a company the never ending phone prompt's, press one and say this, press two and say that, etc. then you get someone with a strong foreign accent that you can't understand is currently the top irritating thing on my list.
Had to endure much of this when my eBay account got blown up because I logged on with a different phone in a different country. Closest I've ever come to running thru a wall and Daffy Ducking myself on out over the horizon.
Hope you're doin' something fun.

1911Colt
Approved Member

Post by 1911Colt »

rctenracer wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:08 am ...then you get someone with a strong foreign accent that you can't understand ...
That is how my company's internal IT support team works. When something breaks, you just learn to do without it or hope it fixes itself :lol:

moto-steve
Approved Member

Post by moto-steve »

# 1 Calling customer service and having to leave a message??
#2 When customer service FINALLY answers, they are in another country???
#3 And last but not least, finding out that there are more ignorant people amongst me, and if I move to another country, they exist there too???

Well I guess I can speak to customer service directly. :lol:
Lifes to short not to play with toys.

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

moto-steve wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:07 pm #3 And last but not least, finding out that there are more ignorant people amongst me, and if I move to another country, they exist there too???
Remember how averages work. For every person with a genius level IQ, it takes several dumbasses to bring the average back to normal.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

juicedcoupe wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:25 pm
moto-steve wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:07 pm #3 And last but not least, finding out that there are more ignorant people amongst me, and if I move to another country, they exist there too???
Remember how averages work. For every person with a genius level IQ, it takes several Kyosho fans to bring the average back to normal.
Fixed it for you, mate ;)
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

threesheds
Approved Member

Post by threesheds »

1911Colt wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:04 pm
rctenracer wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:08 am ...then you get someone with a strong foreign accent that you can't understand ...
That is how my company's internal IT support team works. When something breaks, you just learn to do without it or hope it fixes itself :lol:
Have you turned it off and on again.....standard response

threesheds
Approved Member

Post by threesheds »

These dickheads who don't have an alternative solution and wouldn't dare protest in Russia, Saudi, Iraq etc etc.
They'd more good riding a bike for deliveroo or pulling a rickshaw
Attachments
image.jpg

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

How two assholes can screw up a small parking lot.
Screenshot_20221018-133242_Gallery.jpg
This parking lot will only fit about 15 cars to begin with, and that's packed in tight. To make it worse, the one trailer was sticking out where people have to drive.

When I left, they were still there. Except then, they had their truck and trailer doors open, while digging around.

But what tops it off is that there's an empty lot across the street. They could dig through their junk and not be in everyone's way.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

juicedcoupe wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:50 am How two assholes can screw up a small parking lot.

But what tops it off is that there's an empty lot across the street. They could dig through their junk and not be in everyone's way.
Ever go to home center? How many of the cars parked in the "pro parking" area are actually pros? Ever notice that there are more of these idiots taking up the trailer parking spaces when literally hundreds of single car spaces are open right next to trailer parking?

To give equal time to both sides, ever notice the "pros" parking in loading zone in front of the door so that you can't get out of the store, let alone get to the carts? The loading zone is for LOADING not parking while you're shopping!

We are living in a society of self-entitlement, where the seeming majority of the populace has zero regard for anyone outside of themselves, no common courtesy, and no common sense!

I also want to add that this post is in no way directed at Juicedcoupe, just a response to his post, reflecting that idiots reside everywhere whether pros or laymen are behind the wheel. 8)
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

limestang
Approved Member

Post by limestang »

How many times has this happened to you. You decide to throw away something that you haven’t needed in 10 years. A month later you need it :lol:

- limestang

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

limestang wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:04 am How many times has this happened to you. You decide to throw away something that you haven’t needed in 10 years. A month later you need it :lol:

- limestang
Or... something gets thrown in the trash right away because you know you'll never use it, and if you do keep it, it will end up sitting for 10 years. Then, only to come across someone else who could put it to good use immediately after you threw it out.
-Jerry-

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

My problem is that I'm a pack rat. I keep anything that looks like it might be remotely useful.

The problem with that is finding the correct useful item amongst all the other junk.

Often times, I end up buying new stuff, only to find the parts shortly after (sometimes, before the new stuff arrives).

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

juicedcoupe wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:42 pm The problem with that is finding the correct useful item amongst all the other junk.
TESTIFY!
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

I'll keep something for many many years, eventually throw it out, only to find I need it a week after throwing it out.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !