USPS

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

ThomasH
Approved Member

USPS

Post by ThomasH »

I am not having much luck. This is the 3rd time the USPS has managed to make one of my deliveries magically vanish in the past few weeks. I have the tracking number and they say they tried to deliver on the 24th 12:50 and then it vanished. Only this time they have manage to loose my brand new rc10 championship edition. Its gets stranger as there were 3 people at the house all day all expecting the delivery and were told to keep a eye out. At the time usps say thet tried there was one person actually working out side the front of the house who did not see anything. There was also no card though the letter box saying that I missed the delivery with the number top call to claim it back. :?

MONSTER
Approved Member

Re: USPS

Post by MONSTER »

I learned recently that the Tracking Number (Delivery Confirmation) is NO help whatsoever if they "lose" your package. It means absolutely NOTHING. Luckily my package came through, without the Tracking Number even saying it was on the way. I was HOLDING the package, and the Tracking Number still said it was "scheduled to be picked up for delivery".
NO ONE accepts any responsibility, for anything, these days. Its sad, very very sad.

Sorry, youre having trouble. Hope it all works out for ya.

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Post by justinspeed79 »

Call 1-800-ASK-USPS, and file a complaint. They will send the Postal Police to investigate the situation. It is possible that the carrier that delivers you mail is stealing from the mail. Once is a bumer, twice may be co-incidence, but three times seems like something fishy is going on.

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

Thomas aren't you located in England?

This is all very interesting!

ThomasH
Approved Member

Post by ThomasH »

Thanks for the replies. I am in the UK but tend to get most my parts from the US. I know its not the USPS once they have past it over to a UK courier service. It just USPS refuse to give me any information even something as simple as what courier they passed it over to. So I am sort of at a dead end as USPS opinion is once they passed it over to the UK courier its not there problem. It also means I am not covered by the good mail protection laws you have in the US. O well, Will just have to give it till the end of the week and see what happens.

adam lancia
Approved Member

Post by adam lancia »

In my experiences when something is shipped internationally with USPS it gets handed over to what ever the national postal service is in the destination country. As far as I know they even use the original USPS tracking number in the foreign postal service in order to track it once it gets handed off. At least that's how it works when a package gets shipped from the US to Canada by way of USPS.

Sorry for your luck, I agree that something sounds fishy......

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

justinspeed79 wrote:Call 1-800-ASK-USPS, and file a complaint. They will send the Postal Police to investigate the situation. It is possible that the carrier that delivers you mail is stealing from the mail. Once is a bumer, twice may be co-incidence, but three times seems like something fishy is going on.
I did that when I had my problem, and pretty much all it amounted to, was them calling MY P.O. (like I hadnt already talked to them) and asking if they had the package. Of course they didnt (yet), and thats the last I heard from it, until the package showed up, a few days later. My P.O. Lady said, Insurance is the ONLY way to have any "recourse" with USPS. Its cheap, so I use it now, unless its something really small and inexpensive.

purpletimbo
Approved Member

Post by purpletimbo »

Thomas, if it came USPS standard delivery, it will have gone to royal mail, so incoming international parcel tracking with the usps number should work, if it was sent expedited, as in 24 not 48 hour at this end, it lands with Parcelforce, track on there the same way, it may well be stuck waiting for customs to post you a bill and you to pay, and the bill may have gone astray, if so just appear at your parcelforce depot with ID pay and pick it up. happened to me a few times.
Tim

ThomasH
Approved Member

Post by ThomasH »

Thank you Tim that was a great help. I gave Parcel Force a call and they were very helpful. They told me that USPS were incorrect and that they had not tried to deliver them but rather there should have told me that there was a customs charge to pay. So I just wondered down and now have my sparking brand new RC10. Thanks again every one for the help.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

i recently had ups say that they made 2 seperate delivery attempts to my home, but i never got one single sticky note left at the address....

i'm fairly sure whoever the delivery driver is just didnt want to deal with having to deliver something heavy. :roll:

purpletimbo
Approved Member

Post by purpletimbo »

happy to help, glad you got it after all that :D

RC Chick
Approved Member

Post by RC Chick »

my family bought me some parts from tower hobbies to be delivered usps for my birthday. They never came. They got another order shipped, no show. Then a third ups it came just fine but one of my parts was backordered now. :( So today we called canceled the backorder and ordered more stuff to replace the backorder parts. I hope it comes, my powder coated chasis wants to get dirty!!! :lol:

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

Hey RC Chick,
would this be that cool looking multicolored powdercoat chassis you showed us awhile back :?: . If it is I'm Glad to see it getting ready for some dirt :wink: .
Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

RC Chick
Approved Member

Post by RC Chick »

klavy69 wrote:Hey RC Chick,
would this be that cool looking multicolored powdercoat chassis you showed us awhile back :?: . If it is I'm Glad to see it getting ready for some dirt :wink: .
Todd

Yes that would be the one!!! Im only missing a few peices now thanks to a trade in progress from a member here. I am hoping to get it up and running in about 2 weeks. I still have to paint the body and don't know what to do with it.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

Well its great to hear its almost together! Mine get taken apart and sit til I get the time to do something with them :oops: . It will look good what ever you decide to do with the body and it will be a great 'looker' without it. Can't wait to see pix if you decide to share with us the finished project and of course you will just have to run it :mrgreen:
Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!