1996 RC10DS

RC10/12/100/200/250/300/500/Dual Sport
General discussion, builds/restorations etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Diggley
Approved Member

1996 RC10DS

Post by Diggley »

I haven't seen too many DS's on the on road forum, so I thought I'd add one to the mix.

I've owned this one since it was brand new. I sold my original rebuilt RC10 truck conversion & Bolink Legends car to buy it. I think it's one of the coolest cars Associated ever produced.

This one's a survivor, it's been on the shelf for years. It's 100% original other than the front body mounts used to mount the Bolink body, & the better looking black center caps (never dug the gold one's)...never raced or ran further than 20ft or so down a carpeted hallway. If you're restoring a Team/Racer version, this is how your chassis should look.

The Bolink Mustang body was cool at the time, but I think HPI's has far surpassed it in detail. The original DS Mustang body wound up on another project:
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=8887&hilit=+triumph

If I finish up other projects, I may replace it with either HPI's '66 Mustang or it's '68 Camaro.
Attachments
IMG_8765.JPG
IMG_8766.JPG
IMG_8767.JPG
IMG_8768.JPG
IMG_2719.JPG
IMG_2718.JPG
Projects and shelfers:
Late Edinger, RC10B2, Dual Sport, GT, Kyosho Turbo Ultima, Triumph, Tamiya Sand Scorcher, Blackfoot/Monster Beetle, '67 Beetle, Nikko Rhino, Traxxas Fiero, Slash, Hand-built Dune Buggy..all on here somewhere...

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Re: 1996 RC10DS

Post by klavy69 »

OH YEAH! now thats what I'm talkin about... :mrgreen: ...I've been wanting to put together a ds and with the help of a couple of members here I am just about ready to do just that. That is one fine looking car though and it is just screaming for a BL system so you can thrash it...I mean run it :wink:
Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

Jschoenb
Approved Member

Post by Jschoenb »

Ya I agree, I really like the DS's. I have one that I put an HPI two speed tranny on it.

rctenracer
Approved Member

Post by rctenracer »

I have a ds and have not done the homework on what bodies may fit . I like the hpi bodieds but do they fit the car as far as wheel base and width ?

Soncho Ponza
Approved Member

Post by Soncho Ponza »

i wondered how those mustang bodies looked on a DS i have a couple i think il do a black one to look like my 65 fastback. :mrgreen:

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

rctenracer wrote:I have a ds and have not done the homework on what bodies may fit . I like the hpi bodieds but do they fit the car as far as wheel base and width ?
Here's what I did:

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=8243

I don't know how this body would work with the stock DS wheels and tires. May stick out a bit. The Mustang I have on it is a 190mm, but a 200 may be better with stock shoes. Wheelbase is spot on though.

Diggley
Approved Member

Post by Diggley »

Correct box:
Attachments
IMG_8773.JPG
IMG_8774.JPG
IMG_8775.JPG
Projects and shelfers:
Late Edinger, RC10B2, Dual Sport, GT, Kyosho Turbo Ultima, Triumph, Tamiya Sand Scorcher, Blackfoot/Monster Beetle, '67 Beetle, Nikko Rhino, Traxxas Fiero, Slash, Hand-built Dune Buggy..all on here somewhere...

treehugger
Approved Member

Post by treehugger »

ohh yea

im doing a nib racer kit soon to!
white powdered chassis blue alloy arms and a white bolink fastback with ford blue racing strips :D but i have to spend a couple of weeks on chores :roll: first before the winter sets in .
its going to be a DS winter 8)

Paul

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

Maybe I'll get mine done before spring time comes around. Its only been an unfinished project for something like seven years now. :?