Chassis stamping

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Re: Chassis stamping

Post by Charlie don't surf »

rcracr20 wrote:If I remember correctly, solely based on the fact I've owned every version of the RC10 since I started racing (except the TQ10 and graphite RC10 6 gear wide arm version):

A Stamp - Original RC10
B Stamp - RC10 w/ wide arms, 6 gear tranny (earlier "championship edition" RC10's)
C Stamp - Championship Edition RC10 w/ Wide arms and stealth transmission.

That's ok dummy, the never stamped the composite chassis :roll:

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

I have a NIP "light gold" B stamp as well. You will find different shades and stamp combos on the gold chassis. These light gold ones are not as common. I would love to find a mint matching light gold nose plate!

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

I think this is one of the hardest parts of collecting pieces for a build or rebuild. I think every batch they anodized had a different hue. To get the chassis, motor plate, nose plate and shocks to match is very difficult. About the only way to be sure is to have the pieces side by side in the same light. I recently bought a NIP light colored nose piece to go with a light chassis I have and it is still to dark, though much lighter than other chassis I have. Argh! Maby we could get a group together and swap parts so we can all have matching hues on our cars.
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

rcbonerzz currently has a black A stamp tub for auction but it has Stealth holes. Did Associated ever produce anything like that or did somebody take a black A stamp tub and drill them?

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

It could be. I have heard that Associated had "A" chassis left over, stealth drilled them and made them black. Are the stealth holes black or silver color. If the countersink portion is silver then someone has drilled them. It could also have been painted or redone after the drilling has been done. If you could post a link or pictures I could take a look along with many of the RC10 sharpshooters on here that probably know more than I do.
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

I didn't post the link as that would be breaking rule #7 :mrgreen:

The title of the auction is "team associated rc10t vintage truck new A chassis" That should make it easy to find. :wink:

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Lowgear wrote:I didn't post the link as that would be breaking rule #7 :mrgreen:
that's more of "topic" rule. you have no idea how many threads get started due to an ebay auction. but after 90 days, all your left with is a dead link. after we rearranged the board, and were moving stuff around, we deleted so many threads it was rediculous. all because without the link, the thread made almost no sense what so ever.

rctenracer
Approved Member

Post by rctenracer »

slotcarrod wrote:
rcracr20 wrote:If I remember correctly, solely based on the fact I've owned every version of the RC10 since I started racing (except the TQ10 and graphite RC10 6 gear wide arm version):

A Stamp - Original RC10
B Stamp - RC10 w/ wide arms, 6 gear tranny (earlier "championship edition" RC10's)
C Stamp - Championship Edition RC10 w/ Wide arms and stealth transmission.
The stamps are as follows:

No Stamp ( light gold) Very first gen
A Stamp (gold) 2nd gen
AB Stamp (gold) 2nd gen with Stealth holes added
B Stamp (black or gold) 3rd gen with Stealth holes
C Stamp (black) Worlds Light weight chassis (milled)
I have a light gold chassis with the A stamped on the bottom

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

scr8p wrote:
Lowgear wrote:I didn't post the link as that would be breaking rule #7 :mrgreen:
that's more of "topic" rule. you have no idea how many threads get started due to an ebay auction. but after 90 days, all your left with is a dead link. after we rearranged the board, and were moving stuff around, we deleted so many threads it was rediculous. all because without the link, the thread made almost no sense what so ever.
Good to know, thanks for the clarification. Image

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

Lowgear wrote:rcbonerzz currently has a black A stamp tub for auction but it has Stealth holes. Did Associated ever produce anything like that or did somebody take a black A stamp tub and drill them?
Hard to tell on this one. It does not appear to have been painted. The countersink holes seem to have black on the recesses. Hopefully someone with more knowledge than me will chime it. Also try starting a thread in the ebay section. You will get more responses.

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

Oh its not that big of a deal. I was just wondering because as far as I'm aware there was never a factory A stamp black tub with Stealth holes. I wanted to see if I was right in thinking that.

*knowledge is power!*