DAMN! Brushless+Lipo+Radio Signal Loss=Destruction (UPDATE)

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

burnsmonkey
Approved Member

Re: DAMN! Brushless+Lipo+Radio Signal Loss=Destruction (UPDATE)

Post by burnsmonkey »

So I am still in the hunt for a Spektrum DX3, from reading thats what I want and can find them for about $70 from forums and the bay.

Since I had my blue 10t with I decided to run the 5700kv in it with 2s lipos, SMC 4600 24c, and the first day ran 81/22 combo with my RPM tranny, ran ok and I should have known from watching vintage AE's post that I needed to secure all screws with some sort of lock tite. Racing my uncles XTM Nitro and it kept up when it ran well but plastic gears in steering servo got stripped, lost a set screw in the spur gear, set screw in pinion came loose, so I called it a night till today.

Today- Went with a 84/19 combo, secured all screws, got some metal gears and swapped into the steering servo, also cracked the crappy battery tray to fit the lipo, going to have to find a way to make a modified tray for the lipo. Running an Aitronics rx/tx which just seems to work a lot better but still going to invest into Spektrum. Back to test runs and WOW so much torque like vintage AE had popping wheelies at ease but when I slowly gave throttle and eased into full it managed to stick to the ground. I am just waiting for my Uncle to show up and maybe I will get some video up.

metallicats33
Approved Member

Post by metallicats33 »

burnsmonkey wrote: 2s lipos, SMC 4600 24c, going to have to find a way to make a modified tray for the lipo.
Hard case lipo?
Just cut the end off of a battery cup and it should work. Leave a small lip around where you cut and the battery should fit snugly. I have a SMC 4500 28c hard case and it fits perfect.

burnsmonkey
Approved Member

Post by burnsmonkey »

Yup, I noticed the corner is where it cracked and it fit fine once it split. Its also a hard case, I have a soft case lipo that fits perfect but it needs to be in a hard case.

wyattroa
Approved Member

Re: DAMN! Brushless+Lipo+Radio Signal Loss=Destruction DAMN!

Post by wyattroa »

klavy69 wrote:
burnsmonkey wrote:. But I did have a question, if I get a Spektrum radio all I have to do is buy tx for my cars and all my cars will work with my 1 spektrum radio?
yes. you will have to reset trim as you change cars but thats an easy fix. Just gotta bind each rx to your tx.
Todd
If he gets a spektrum he should not have to reset trim each time. I know my radio has 4 different model setting you can switch between and each can have different trim settings on them. It works out real nice when you don't have to mess around each time.
Robert

burnsmonkey
Approved Member

Re: DAMN! Brushless+Lipo+Radio Signal Loss=Destruction DAMN!

Post by burnsmonkey »

wyattroa wrote:
klavy69 wrote:
burnsmonkey wrote:. But I did have a question, if I get a Spektrum radio all I have to do is buy tx for my cars and all my cars will work with my 1 spektrum radio?
yes. you will have to reset trim as you change cars but thats an easy fix. Just gotta bind each rx to your tx.
Todd
If he gets a spektrum he should not have to reset trim each time. I know my radio has 4 different model setting you can switch between and each can have different trim settings on them. It works out real nice when you don't have to mess around each time.
Robert
Do you have the DX3, I almost bought the DX3E but noticed it only was a one model memory radio unlike the DX3.0 that has a 4 model memory.

Group B
Approved Member

Post by Group B »

I have a Futaba 3PMX (2.4ghz/FASST) and I'll never go back.

I don't know if the actual "Spektrum" transmitters & receivers are really better than Futaba's models...personally the "Spektrum" transmitters felt cheap in my hands, when compared with Futaba....and I've always been partial to Futaba.
Associated: RC10T - "Baller Truck" ~ Red Bull SC10 - "Sucker Free" ~ RC10T - "Teh Shelfer"
lowrydesign celebrates the entire Tecnacraft wheel collection
I celebrate Worlds Chassis and Steering Enhancement Kits