RC10 Worlds Car (Updated 11-16-2011)

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

scr8p
Administrator

Re: RC10 Worlds Car (I hope)

Post by scr8p »

nvxwax wrote:What period electronics would you suggest? I have no clue when it comes to electronics.
most people seem to go for novak stuff when it comes to the worlds car. any of the m series esc's would work. if you want to make it more of a serious racer, the m1c or hpc would be my choice. you could also pick up a ner-3 receiver for it too. you could probably go with a hammer pro and a polaris receiver too, but your car might be a little early for those.

if you want to be different, i'd go the tekin route. find a 411-p2, g2, or g9 esc. maybe one of the chrome case fm mini receivers.

a 1700 scrc 6 cell pack would work nicely.

i'm not really up on the servos of the day...... which models were best suited what type of racing. i mainly used standard ko propo servos my whole r/c racing career, except when i ran pan car and used futaba s132h servos.

a reedy motor would obviously work. one of the pink label ultra series motors, or the green label sonics. but you could also go with something different like a lightspeed mod or something like that. there's plenty of motor options out there.

RC104ever
Approved Member

Re: RC10 Worlds Car (eBay Find)

Post by RC104ever »

Just curious - how do you guys find stuff like this all the time? I check ebay everyday, but I guess my search terms must not be right because I never come across nice cars like this one. All I ever see are the grossly overpriced ones, lol.
- Chris
Lots of cars...so many cars

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

RC104ever wrote:Just curious - how do you guys find stuff like this all the time? I check ebay everyday, but I guess my search terms must not be right because I never come across nice cars like this one. All I ever see are the grossly overpriced ones, lol.
Luck, Timing and being patient-

nvxwax
Approved Member

Post by nvxwax »

RC104ever wrote:Just curious - how do you guys find stuff like this all the time? I check ebay everyday, but I guess my search terms must not be right because I never come across nice cars like this one. All I ever see are the grossly overpriced ones, lol.
Well im not saying it was cheap lol, I almost did not get it at all lol

I found this car with a buy it now for 185 + shipping with no bids, As normal i did not have the money at that moment so I sent a message asking if he would wait for payment till the ends of the week (I thing it was a 5 day wait), Well before he answered someone placed a bid dropping the buy it now, He messaged back saying he could wait, because a bid was placed he said just bid 185 and he would end the auction and sell it to the top bidder and adjust the invoice to match the buy it now and shipping (A little weird but i said sure, what could i loose lol), so i place the bid and waited for him to end the auction, and waited and waited lol, i think around 14 hours went and i started thinking lol, i wonder if he is just using my bid in hopes someone will bid over me and bring him more money lol, well i was not having that crap and canceled my bid and send a message explaining the thought i had lol, he sent a message back and explained he was at work and could not end the listing at the time, he said if i still wanted the car to place a bid of 180 and he would end it and ship it for 180 total. so i placed the bid again lol, he ended the auction about 20 min later and sent me an invoice for 180 total shipped. My paranoia almost got the best of me lol.

I now a lot of people hate when sellers end auction early but if i cant control it i guess i have to join it lol

Not the best price in the world but im pretty happy with the condition of the car.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

thing is he didn't really end the auction early for you. You went the honorable way and asked if he would wait for the money which was cool that he did that for you. Seems anymore everyone wants their money instantly and can't be bothered to wait :roll: . I paid more than that for my first one from a board member here and it didn't even have the tranny in it so I'm thinkin you did good. Will make a great runner :wink: .
Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

nvxwax
Approved Member

Re: RC10 Worlds Car (Updated 11-16-2011)

Post by nvxwax »

Ok made a little progress on the rebuild of my Worlds car, Im still waiting on a rear tower, the one on it is chipped up on the top back. For not its got new rear wheels, rear tires, front tires, front arms, rear arms and a Mirage SS Body from MrLexan. As soon as i get more parts from other projects ill do the peroxide treatment on the white parts (I like to do a lot at one time lol).

greene-r74
Approved Member

Post by greene-r74 »

I just found this thread. Your the one who outbid me! I eventually found one though. Looking good so far.

nvxwax
Approved Member

Post by nvxwax »

greene-r74 wrote:I just found this thread. Your the one who outbid me! I eventually found one though. Looking good so far.
lol, sorry :)