A Tale of Two 10s

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

MONSTER
Approved Member

Re: A Tale of Two 10s

Post by MONSTER »

Planning on "Modern" Electronics. Just wanted the Main Chassis Pieces to be as Stock as they could be, as long as its as it "could have been" back then.

By the way, it seems I have a slight bit of Shock seepage. Are the Nylon (?) Washers hard to get sealed up? The only thing Ive done with it, is pick up the Front or Rear just a little and drop it (i love watching it hit and just stick there instead of bounce 8) ). They were all nice and dry, but they are a bit "damp" now. I tightened them as hard as i could by hand. Do I need to torque em down a bit?

Im thinking of trying some Rubber Washers on the Gold Shocks I have for the other Car (not too fond of the small AE Shock Cap O'rings). Any one ever try this?

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

MONSTER wrote:Planning on "Modern" Electronics. Just wanted the Main Chassis Pieces to be as Stock as they could be, as long as its as it "could have been" back then.

By the way, it seems I have a slight bit of Shock seepage. Are the Nylon (?) Washers hard to get sealed up? The only thing Ive done with it, is pick up the Front or Rear just a little and drop it (i love watching it hit and just stick there instead of bounce 8) ). They were all nice and dry, but they are a bit "damp" now. I tightened them as hard as i could by hand. Do I need to torque em down a bit?

Im thinking of trying some Rubber Washers on the Gold Shocks I have for the other Car (not too fond of the small AE Shock Cap O'rings). Any one ever try this?
Yes...No....maybe a little bit...??

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

Ok, started mounting Electronics (well, just the Servo so far), and stuck the ONLY BODY I HAVE (hint HINT) on it. Depends on the next Body I get (HINT HINT) whether this one will stay on this Buggy, or go to the other (pics of it soon). Went ahead with the Black Orings on the Shocks, just COULDNT get those Washers to stop leaking.
Comments?......

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

You could start by adjusting your pic size to 1100 or 1200. :D
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

mrlexan wrote:You could start by adjusting your pic size to 1100 or 1200. :D
X2

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

That was just a little preview for some of the "Older" Members in need of visual enhancement. :oops: Could sure details though, huh?

J/K. Sorry.:lol: Any Commments on the BUGGY now? :lol:

carloco8

Post by carloco8 »

Looks like a nice stock buggy. Its hard to give a new comment on a box stock car since we've all seen so many, so how about....... What electronics did you put in it? Stock or mod motor? Have you run it yet?
Old school racing all the way!

m_vice
Approved Member

Post by m_vice »

Give us some more pics with and without the body with the electronics.

It is looking good so far. The body looks very race like.

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

Ok, I could NOT stand it any longer, I just HAD to drive one of these Buggys. So, a Buddy and I worked for a while on the Wide Trac, and got it running. Nothing worthy of pics, so I'll just tell you about it for now. I feel bad about this part, but I used a Traxxas 2018 Servo and a Stinger Motor, BUT I JUST HAD TO DRIVE ONE!!! :oops: As for the rest, I used an extra Futaba ??122?? Reciever I had laying around, the Futaba Tx from the Trophy Truck, and a Duratrax 16t Intellispeed ESC. I charged up a 2100mah batt, and headed for the street, giggling like a lit-tle gurl. It still has the Road Rages on White Velocity looking Wheels its picture with earlier in this thread. Its Geared 87/22. It was REALLY quite, but not very powerful or fast, as it is, but it was AWESOME to drive. I let my Buddy drive (BUT ONLY FOR A MINUTE :twisted: ). We had a little fun with it, and I just had to go show the Wife, I FINALLY got one of those "damn cars Ive been working on for a year" running. I sat it down just inside the door, and drove it into the livingroom. As you can imagine, she was barely impressed, but my 7 yo Boy said, "OOOOoo, IT WORKS!!". As if he doubted me all along. So, FINE, I went back out to the patio (can you see it coming?). I drove it back and forth, did a few Figure 8s, marveled at the Arm movement on the sticks, and cracks in the cement, then WHAM, right into the Bowflex. I, of course, had "bumped" a couple other things, but this time, the Steering QUIT. Upon inspection, we found the Bellcrank broken where the Ball Stud went in. I knew it was "split" when I started, but Hey, I was "gonna be careful". And you know what, IT WAS WORTH IT!!! It'll be fix in the morning, and and probably "tweaked" a bit....diff motor, diff servo, etc.

Can you tell how excited I am? :D Yes, LOOONg winded ....AGAIN!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

More troubles....
After fixing the broken Servo Saver this morning, I was able to drive it "further" than just under the street light or around the patio. The problem I have is less than 100 feet Range. I dont really remember anything about the Rx, but I try to Label anything I have any trouble with. So, I started thinking, and "believe" I read something before about the Placement of the Rx affecting Range, like if its touching the Chassis. It IS!! I Servo Taped it on the Bottom, but the side is right up against the side of the chassis. Anyone ever heard/experienced this little anomaly?

Its a Futaba FP-R122JE.

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

Nobody has heard of this, or cares to speculate?

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

AM radio, old gear-moisture--bad things

MOmo
Approved Member

Post by MOmo »

Things to consider:

-Make sure the antenae isn't touching any metal.
-Doubling up the servo tape under the receiver, making it thicker and less resistant to vibration. perhaps a thin strip along the side touching the chassis as well.
-Check that the antenae isn't cut in any way
-Make sure the radio transmitter antenae is fully extended

I would start with those

momo