Pan car

RC10/12/100/200/250/300/500/Dual Sport
General discussion, builds/restorations etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

KidAgain

Re: Pan car

Post by KidAgain »

Overvolted wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:21 pm I started assembly yesterday on my pan car and need a little help. My left rear bulkhead is not the greatest and id like to reolace it however, I cant seem to find one. Are they not for sale any more and will one from another model work like Bolink perhaps? Also my motor did not have a spacer on it, do I need the spacer? The gear mesh looks great and nothing seems to be out of allignment.
Sorry bud none on ebay, Valkyrie Rc has 1 black one :(
Visit Nostalgic RC in the business section or @nostalgicrc on Facebook for your custom RC10DS parts

Gone: RC10, Jrx-2 and Jrx-t
Current: 3 SC10 first gens, 3 SC10 Street Outlaw's, 12 RC10 DS’s, Carbon RC10T, RC10LSS,RC10L, RC10 Graphite,RC10 B44

Overvolted
Approved Member

Post by Overvolted »

Thanks for the info. I saw Valkyries but damm he wants a lot for it. Im surprised nobody is 3d printing these yet. Mine should hold on for a while as I keep looking. Would love an aluminium one.

KidAgain

Post by KidAgain »

Overvolted wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:54 pm Thanks for the info. I saw Valkyries but damm he wants a lot for it. Im surprised nobody is 3d printing these yet. Mine should hold on for a while as I keep looking. Would love an aluminium one.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/164824167541

Grab it while you can.
Visit Nostalgic RC in the business section or @nostalgicrc on Facebook for your custom RC10DS parts

Gone: RC10, Jrx-2 and Jrx-t
Current: 3 SC10 first gens, 3 SC10 Street Outlaw's, 12 RC10 DS’s, Carbon RC10T, RC10LSS,RC10L, RC10 Graphite,RC10 B44

Overvolted
Approved Member

Post by Overvolted »

Damm, missed it. Wonder why it did not show up in my search :x. I set a couple of search alerts and will keep looking.

ChisaiKuso
Approved Member

Post by ChisaiKuso »

Overvolted wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:21 pm I started assembly yesterday on my pan car and need a little help. My left rear bulkhead is not the greatest and id like to reolace it however, I cant seem to find one. Are they not for sale any more and will one from another model work like Bolink perhaps? Also my motor did not have a spacer on it, do I need the spacer? The gear mesh looks great and nothing seems to be out of allignment.
Why is the left rear bulkhead on your car "not the greatest"? What is wrong with it?

You do not need the motor spacer.
Something clever goes here...

Overvolted
Approved Member

Post by Overvolted »

It is ok however, it has a few small cracks starting to form and there is a stripped hole for one of the top plate screws that I have used a screw and nut to fasten. This car is going to be ran so id like it to be in good form. Thanks for the info on the spacer, it was not on there when I got the car and I was not sure if it was needed.

Overvolted
Approved Member

Post by Overvolted »

So I have my car up and running now, it runs pretty well however, the motor gets really hot after a few runs up and down the street. The spur is a 54 and pinion is a 13. I ran a 2slipo and within a couple of minuets I had to shut it down due to a hot motor. Is this a gearing issue what gearing do you all run? Or is the motor just not up to moving the car? My green Machine 2 motor ran the same so I swapped to the pink motor. I should note the esc never got hot. Any thoughts?
Attachments
20210511_194252~3.jpg
20210511_194252~2.jpg
20210511_194242~2.jpg

rraeford
Approved Member

Post by rraeford »

My guess is that with those big tires, you are overgeared. If you put regular sized foams on there you may fare better heat-wise or just gear down a bit.

ChisaiKuso
Approved Member

Post by ChisaiKuso »

I agree that you likely have the car overgeared with those large tires. Also, if the Green Machine 2 (with 24 degrees of timing) was running hot, then switching to the pink motor (with 36 degrees of timing) will have made it even worse.
Something clever goes here...

Overvolted
Approved Member

Post by Overvolted »

Ok, that makes sence about the tires, I was so stoked to run them I didnt think about them changing the gearing. I have the foam tires that came with it and will run them and see how it does temp wise. I really like the rubber tires so maybe ill gear it down as well just need to know the pitch of the gears. Is the pink motor with more timing the more powerful one? Thanks guys for the responses, I appreciate it.

terry.sc
Approved Member

Post by terry.sc »

Gearing with a 54 tooth spur gear and 13 tooth pinion gives you a gearcratio of 4.1:1.
As a comparison, when I used brushed motors in 1/10th pan they were usually geared between 4.8 to 7:1 depending on the track, with normal size tyres.

With those tyres it is way over geared, you need a much bigger spur gear and smaller pinion.

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

Overvolted wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:08 am just need to know the pitch of the gears
they are 32 pitch
Tap pic for clarity: Derek

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

The annoying thing with 32 pitch (from my way back years) is there were metric cut and USCS cut gear teeth. I used to have different 32P pinions for my 12i and for my Turbo Optima. The metric pinions always seemed to have a thicker, more elliptical tooth shape. Packages never seemed to state a difference, but with the wrong tooth shape the pinion and spur would bind up a bit. I'm happy to be all 48P right now.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

Overvolted
Approved Member

Post by Overvolted »

coxbros1 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:47 pm
Overvolted wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:08 am just need to know the pitch of the gears
they are 32 pitch
Thank you.

Overvolted
Approved Member

Post by Overvolted »

Any suggestions on where would be a good start for pinion and spur gears with these tires? They are Proline Road Hawgs. Maybe a good spur size and I can get a few pinions to dial it in. Im open to switching gear pitch for more options and will keep my 54/13 32P combo for the smaller foam tires I have. Im going to keep it brushed with either the green or pink can motor running on 2S.