One of my personal favorites...
One of my personal favorites...
1.jpg

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Re: 2011 CAR ACTION VINTAGE OFFROAD NATIONALS • SEPT 15-18TH

Post by tecnica2001 »

A big thanks to Erich,

Every year this event gets better and better, all the stuff that I know you go through, all the people you have to try to keep happy, and on top of all that, you still have the time to engage Mark in an hours long discussion about Off Road Racing vs Oval Racing.... :lol: :lol: Epic... :cry:

Thanks for all the good prizes, and "Stickers" I'll have stickers for years now, I'm gonna have to run Hitec and Tekin stuff in order to use my stickers.... :mrgreen:

My Lil "Miss Tecnica" and I had a great time, count us in for next year too, this time around, I'll keep my RC10 and have it ready to take on Covell, Brandon D. and Brandon G. all over again.... :mrgreen:
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

tecnica2001 wrote:I'll keep my RC10 and have it ready to take on Covell, Brandon D. and Brandon G. all over again.... :mrgreen:
Thats a challenge if I ever heard one :lol: those boys are Fast!!! very tall order. not saying your not Freddy, your RC10 was quick also. but I wanted to see if they were running Slot cars :shock: their why I will be running a different class next year :lol: unless I find a track and learn to drive. So since I cant run with the Big dogs so I am on the porch. :lol: and I will be their a few days earler next year. my driveing was improveing a little so the more practice the better.
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

That looks awesome - I wish it happened closer to me :lol:

Anyone compared lap and mains times with the current track record in the equivalent wattage category (held, I assume, by a modern car)?

Thanks!
Paul
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

mrlexan wrote:You guys look older! Is that grey in Scott's hair or just the light? Yokie, what did you run? Where Anthony's bottle-mobile?
Yeah, I seem to get a little older every year. :lol:

I've had grey hairs since I was 16, there's just more of them now. 8)

soniccj5
Approved Member

Post by soniccj5 »

bearrickster wrote:
tecnica2001 wrote:I'll keep my RC10 and have it ready to take on Covell, Brandon D. and Brandon G. all over again.... :mrgreen:
Thats a challenge if I ever heard one :lol: those boys are Fast!!! very tall order. not saying your not Freddy, your RC10 was quick also. but I wanted to see if they were running Slot cars :shock: their why I will be running a different class next year :lol: unless I find a track and learn to drive. So since I cant run with the Big dogs so I am on the porch. :lol: and I will be their a few days earler next year. my driveing was improveing a little so the more practice the better.

I got about 5 minutes worth of practice on each car(2wd and classics) before the track was closed. SO the two qualifiers were practice for me, I was just starting to get going at the end of my main :-).

I would be interested to see what all the lap times were between the classes, and also compared to the modern buggies. I would not be surprised if some of the A-main guys put down laps faster than a modern 2wd buggy.

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

i don't know the exact times but in the past the vintage cars were only a few tenths off the modern mod buggy pace.

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

Hey Rick,

Don't be fooled though, going Losi XX doesn't necessarily means faster....:D

I drove both Brandons' cars and they were very similar in handling, with Brandon D's car having a bit more power, Brandon G's car on the other hand, was on rails, you could throw it very aggressively into a corner and come out very fast....It felt almost like my RC10.....ALMOST...:D

As far as lap times, they're comparable, I might be within five tenth of a second with my b4.1 and a 9.5 motor....

Tim Covell had the fastest lap of the day with a 16.6 in the first qualifier, everyone else got from a 17.0 down to a 16.8 by me and Brandon. Our top 20 average was within a tenth of a second....I'm telling you, really close racing.
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

Lonestar wrote:That looks awesome - I wish it happened closer to me :lol:

Anyone compared lap and mains times with the current track record in the equivalent wattage category (held, I assume, by a modern car)?

Thanks!
Paul
Paul, the track is always redone for our race so its hard to say for this year yet but in past years we've found that current cars do the same lap times as we did at the Vonats.

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

I'd like to give a HUUUUUGE Thank you to everyone that came this year. It's always awesome to see you guys and I couldn't be happier to give us all an excuse for a Mancation. This year was a lot of fun and I learned a lot that I will put into effect for next year and the future. If anyone has any thoughts I'm always open to them... I'd appreciate it if you COME to the race too! :) Classic definitely was awesome this year and the short arm 10s and JRX2's were a perfect fit. I think Classic has really hit its stride now! Thank you to Brandon and Melvin for such an awesome compromise and advice for the Classic class.

This year taught me a lot of things about running an event, even more so than prior years. I couldn't do it without you all and your unending support and cheers when I'm just about ready to say "F it". You are the reason put the effort in, the reason I give up one of the few gorgeous weekends in CT to be inside and covered in dust, and the reason I'm generally sick and wiped out the few days after the race (just like I am now lol). THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

I'd also like to thank Mark and Jon at RCHR, all the sponsors of the race; RC Car Action, Tamiya, Hitec RCD, Vintage A&L, Racetech Motorsports, Vintageworks, Team Associated, Team Losi, JConcepts, Tekin, RCTVLive.com, Xtreme RC Cars, Grand Concepts and especially RC10Talk.com. You guys are the best!

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

Well Erich you and the shop did a great job!! I am still amped up from the great time I had. Thank you and I cant wait till next year.
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

soniccj5
Approved Member

Post by soniccj5 »

Erich, you organize one of the best race weekends, but I am sure if you threw in the towel a number of people would be very sad(angry mob :wink: ) , but would understand( hunt you down :lol: ).

When are you going to post next years dates anyway?

ED

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

LOL I promise I won't send any of you off to get your pitchforks and torches!

I'm actually going to start SUPER early on next years event so I would say after the holidays I'll announce next years dates.

I also had written a post for coverage and wrote up a whole long post Saturday night that for some reason didn't post (Brandon is my witness). I'll try to get something up today or tomorrow at the latest with pictures and all.

mikedealer
Approved Member

Post by mikedealer »

I didnt make it down this year cause i was incredibly busy, but really need to..

Any chance of a mid season enduro race ar RCHR? 8-10 Teams of 2-3 people, 3-4 hours of racing non stop, 17.5 Motors/Lipos, and the car has to be a pre '89 Tamiya lol? cash purse?

MIKE VALENTINE
Approved Member

Post by MIKE VALENTINE »

I must have missed it, but were are the results posted?