== Who the Heck Are You? ==

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

fristajlo
Approved Member

Re: == Who the Heck Are You? ==

Post by fristajlo »

Coelacanth wrote:
fristajlo wrote:In two years time the collection has grown from 1 car to 30+. God I´m kneedeep into this addiction... :wink:
Wow....over thirty cars in 2 years?? If you consider that knee-deep into the addiction, I barely got a toe wet! (4 cars with one still incomplete) :)
Yes sir! It´s one helluva a drug. Approx 20 of the cars are disassembled or incomplete (for now). It´s comforting to know that I have 20 projects just lying there and waiting for my attention. More disturbing is that I still need a Javelin, an AYK 566, a marui ninja and so on... ;)
Will try to post some pics of my gems when I find the time.

k9medic

Post by k9medic »

Looks like I'm getting back into R/C after about a 20 year hiatus. Got my first real car in 1990, and just dug it out of the attic two weeks ago to build it back up for my oldest son who is turning 7. Found out it was cheaper to buy a RTR car from Tower hobbies, so I bought it. A week later, came across an ad on craigslist for a bag of R/C stuff. Got the bag and it's contents for free, which included a graphite RC10 and a B frame RC10 that was complete. Long story short - new car goes to the 7 year old, the older car goes to the 5 year old.

In real life I fly an EMS helicopter for a living at a large university based hospital system. Prior to that was a K9 handler for a law enforcement agency and an EMT. Still do a lot of shooting and I usually build a rifle or two a year.

teman
Approved Member

Post by teman »

I'm Kevin, 36 yrs old from Binghamton, NY and I'm a Graphic Designer. I've never been married, but in a long term relationship with a divorced woman with 2 kids (it's better than it sounds lol) :mrgreen: Besides the rc hobby I'm an avid Skiier and Mt Biker. My first off-road rc was the Blackfoot and my first on-road car was the rc12 8) I've out of the rc loop for due to a thing called life, but got back into the hobby again when I realized how much I missed it.

Here's a photo of us when we at Summit Point Raceway in WV for a Celica rally and go-kart racing :mrgreen: and here's my other girl, an '89 celica WIP that I've been restoring 8)
P9060108.jpg
p1010923r.jpg
p1010923r.jpg (77.77 KiB) Viewed 1881 times
p1010923r.jpg
p1010923r.jpg (77.77 KiB) Viewed 1881 times
-Kevin

wmcwings
Approved Member

Post by wmcwings »

Hello all. I have been into the R/C hobby since my early days of college but really jumped in feet first in 1982. I started out flying planes, then really got into cars in the late 80's and early 90's. Then back into planes, helicopters and boats.

I am now retired and still mostly fly planes, but I have to admit I really LOVE r/c cars. There are no race tracks around here anymore so I'm pretty much S.O.L. With that, I have decided to restore all of my old cars and put them on display.

I have the following that I am currently restoring:

1. Tamiya "The Frog"
2. Associated R/C 10, original gold tub, A stamp
3. Losi JRx2
4. Associated RC12e, 12i, 12L, 12LW
5. Kyosho Fantom EP 4WD (by far my most favorite to drive car of all time) I have at least 3 of these and parts to restore almost all 3
6. Looking for a Composite Craft Predator 1/10th scale on road car (the only 10th scale on road car I ever had)

This web site has been very informative and I'm very happy I found it.

So there ya go! Greatings :-)
Charlie
Redding, CA

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

Hey guys! The name is Dave, I have long been into R/C vehicles of all types for years now.

Just turned 41 and wish I had never let this great hobby slip away for so many years like I did.

It all started back in 1988/89 with my JR-T truck and I still have it. But this past year and some, I have managed to drop right back in where I left off.

I have been a member over at ClodTalk for over a year now and have meant to come check this site out. Glad I did.

I see many familiar names, and have seen some great cars and projects in the reading I have done so far.

I have managed to wrangle a few older Losi buggies in the last year and hope to bring them back to life. I am working on a Clod and a few other projects as well.

I guess the next step is to find myself a nice old RC10 buggy or truck. No better place than here to do just that.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Another guy from Calgary! Cool! Welcome to the forum! I have some nice old Losi motors that I don't need! :wink: Afraid I don't have any other Losi stuff as I'm an AE guy! :mrgreen:

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Diamond Dave wrote:I have managed to wrangle a few older Losi buggies in the last year and hope to bring them back to life. I am working on a Clod and a few other projects as well.

I guess the next step is to find myself a nice old RC10 buggy or truck. No better place than here to do just that.
Welcome, Dave! Another Albertan here (Edmonton). I unfortunately can't help you out with either Losi OR AE...I'm not into either brand. :) If you need help with an Optima, on the other hand--I know a bit about those. :mrgreen:
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Rod, I may have even chatted with you at PM, or on another forum, I have seen your name a few times for sure.

Thanks for the offer on the parts, both of you. Rod, I may take you up on the motors one day.

I would like to get a few other things done before I start on collecting parts and such for the Losi's. I will keep you in mind.

Also need to get some posts under my belt here. Even though I have been a member on Clodtalk for abit now, I understand I am new here.

Appreciate the help right off the bat, this looks to be a great source of info and some great guys here as well.

RamP

Post by RamP »

Hi there. I'm Rich from CT. Just got into the hobby recently and can't get enough now.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

oh! :shock: Nice scooby! Welcome to the group!

dub2thecore

Post by dub2thecore »

Hey guys, I am new here - came across this site month ago and everything just snowballed from there.

My Name is Andy Suharsono, IT North America manager for one of the biggest investment bank in US.
I am 38 years old and yes R/C is one of my other money pit.. :D

I am doing couple of restoration projects at the momment and can't wait to post some pics.

Thanks
This hobby is my other money pit, besides my cameras and my addiction to fly.

RJK33
Approved Member

Post by RJK33 »

Hey Guys,

Short introduction.... My name is Jason "Kooz" Kussner. I'm a Mechanical Engineer living in Grand Blanc, Michigan. My first R/C was the good old Tamiya Frog! I got into the hobby around 83/84. Eventually girls entered the picture and my R/C career took a back seat until around 2006. LOL I got back into the Hobby with a Jammin Jay X1-CR 1/8 scale Nitro buggy and haven't been able to stop since!

Fairly new to the site. Got bitten by the resto bug in some unfortunate circumstances.

You see, this past October I lost a dear friend of mine to Cancer. When I was a lot younger I fell in love with model building, slot cars and of course R/C's. This love brought me to the local Hobby shop when I was around 7 years old. I quickly became a regular. My parents would always drop me off every Saturday so I could stay ALL DAY, kinda like a daycare! LOL Most would think of a young 7 year old as a pain or a distraction, not Brian Decaire. He quickly took me under his arm and accepted me and treated me as a friend. As the weekends passed I eventually developed a Big/Lttle Brother relationship with Brian, the owner of the shop and with his two employees, Gary and Bev. We had so much fun in that place! We use to race our Tamiya Tamtechs up and down the isles turning the building into our own oval raceway! The four of us were inseperetable! We went to the local track, that we built, and raced our R/C cars, went to the pond to race our R/C boats even went to the local Stock Car track to watch the real cars race on Saturday evenings! Long story short, I basically spent my entire youth in that Hobby Shop hanging out with Brian, Gary & Bev! Well, years passed and my family and myself eventually moved away. Not only away but to a different country. My glory days at the Hobby Shop had come to an end. Even though those fun times were put in the past, I made it a point to drive back to the old Hobby Shop to visit my friend/brother once every year. Brian saw me grow up and I was proud that I was able to bring my wife and kids back to meet the man they had heard so much about! This is the first year I'm not going back to visit my friend! I wanted to do something, create something, anything in honor of my friend. After all, Brian, Gary & Bev were responsible for giving me a childhood that many only dream about! I decided to start a restoration build of an RC10 icon that the 4 of us fell in love with during those years. I still remember the first time I saw the Jay Halsey Worlds ad. I wanted one so bad! Well I finally got my Halsey Car! (Minus the Body :lol: ) Wish Brian was still around to see it, but I know he'd be proud of it!

Below are some pics that are self explanatory.
Attachments
My Family.jpg
Brian.jpg
Brian.jpg (17.61 KiB) Viewed 1572 times
Brian.jpg
Brian.jpg (17.61 KiB) Viewed 1572 times
51_big.jpg
54_big.jpg
55_big.jpg
IMG_0558-1.JPG
IMG_0558-1.JPG (74.61 KiB) Viewed 1572 times
IMG_0558-1.JPG
IMG_0558-1.JPG (74.61 KiB) Viewed 1572 times
Kooz

CUDDZILLA
Approved Member

Post by CUDDZILLA »

Hi everybody. I'm Steve and I'm an RC addict.
45 widowed with 2 kids.
Live in Jonesboro, Arkansas. NO I'm not FROM there.
Heavy Industrial Construction/Maintenance Electrician

I've also been a musician most of my life. Drums. And also race online. rFactor/DirtFactor with http://www.teamdtro.com/

Started rc in 1988 with a RC10. Not sure what happened after that.

madweazl
Approved Member

Post by madweazl »

Aaron, clinging to 36, got into the hobby in '88, born and raised in southern California where I still reside. US Marine '98 to present.

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

Hey Aaron, nice hat :mrgreen:

I too like Millers and when im done drinking it, I sometimes find other uses for the carton when going to the track :D :D :D

-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980