who likes beer?

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Halgar
Approved Member

Re: who likes beer?

Post by Halgar »

klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Stella Artois,

and on Liquor----Bushmills (irish whiskey), no ice, no water just a tumbler--

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

Cheers to Stella Artois

markt311
Approved Member

Post by markt311 »

One of the worst beers I've ever tried is Pilsner Urquell, it's one of the first pilsner beers but it leaves a nasty aftertaste in your mouth.

I tried Yuengling the other day and I wasn't impressed, it tasted like it was trying to be a Sam Adams and did a bad impersonation, another one with a bad lingering aftertaste.

Once I get my house later this year I'm going to try brewing some of my own, it could be good or really bad :D
Mark

Aaaaahhhh crap! I'm about to get passed by that orange truck!

rctenracer
Approved Member

Post by rctenracer »

Been there and done that sober for six years now not a drop .

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

speaking of beer.................

A guy walks into a bar, sits down, and asks, 'Bartender, got any specials today?' Bartender answers, 'Yes, as a matter of
fact we have a new drink, invented by a Gynecologist patron of ours. It's a mix of Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer and Smirnoff Vodka.' The guy asks, 'Good grief, what do you call that?' The bartender replied, 'It's a ' Pabst Smir '. :P

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice »

rctenracer wrote:Been there and done that sober for six years now not a drop .
Congrats that's quite the accomplishment.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

markt311 wrote:Once I get my house later this year I'm going to try brewing some of my own, it could be good or really bad :D
Brewing is really easy once you get a few key things in place:
1 - Finding a recipe for a brew that you like. IMHO, this is the single hardest thing to do because everyone has their own tastes in beer and there is far more swill out there than drinkable stuff. As I said earlier, there's no accounting for what some people will drink.

2 - Learning the calculation for controlling bitterness is a must! It's a simple formula once you have it all you do is plug in your numbers and work the equation.

After that, it's just a matter of finding the time to brew and sitting back and enjoying the process. I've enjoyed the experimentations that I've done with apple ale and pumpkin ale. My last experiment was with using oak for flavoring and the next one will be to craft a good Porter which will be used to craft a lovely chocolate/coffee brew.

The only other thing that makes life MUCH easier is to use a turkey fryer for your boils because you can do a full boil faster and easier than messing with stove top equipment. I dropped my brew time down from 4+ hours to just over 3 from the time I touch a pot to the time I'm sitting on the couch with a beer in hand.
scr8p wrote:speaking of beer.................

A guy walks into a bar,
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

the man that can

Post by the man that can »

im a jack daniels and coke person meself. tho do like coors beer too or sumtimes a nice pint of cider :mrgreen:

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

markt311 wrote:
I tried Yuengling the other day and I wasn't impressed, it tasted like it was trying to be a Sam Adams and did a bad impersonation, another one with a bad lingering aftertaste.

Really? To me those two are totally different. I love Yuengling, and I really don't like Sam Adams at all. I never get any aftertaste from Yuengling.

I like a PBR now and then too. Especially going out to a bar in NYC/Brooklyn where they sometimes charge as much for a beer as a what a six pack would cost at the store, I'll take the PBR. Also, whenever I'm out of Yuengling, I go to the local deli and pick up a cold six pack of PBR tall boys.

Jack and Coke is about the only mixed drink I ever drink. Jack is what got me drinking in the first place, back in college. I've tried a lot of stuff, but I like the buzz from Jack best, and I've learned to love the taste too.

TAD wrote a great song about my favorite combo Jack-Pepsi (not Coke) It's also a good anti-drunk driving song.

Bongo Fury
Approved Member

Post by Bongo Fury »

Personnaly I haven't brewed anything since... well since I retired my fake ID. :shock:

But one of my buds still does a big ol barrel of corn mash every year, always a treat. :wink:

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

when i drank alot i used to drink molsen ..(think the name was) molsen export ale. dont know if they still make it.. i liked it alot..if i drink beer now i like light beer..i dont go out drinkin much but when i do id like a red bull and vodka and some jack and coke :shock: if im not going to a bar my favorite drink is absinthe :mrgreen:
like a PBR now and then too. Especially going out to a bar in NYC/Brooklyn where they sometimes charge as much for a beer as a what a six pack would cost at the store, I'll take the PBR.
melvins you ever go to duffs or lucky13 in brooklyn??? i wish bars like those were closer to me ..its a real pain to get there from nj...