Kyosho OT-30 Repros (Javelin Tires) :)

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

murphy3428
Approved Member

Re: Kyosho OT-30 Repros (Javelin Tires) :)

Post by murphy3428 »

I just received my 2 sets and the tires look great, I do think they are a little softer compound than the originals but the real test will be to run a set to see how they stand up. As far as looks go they are close to perfect now marwan just needs to repro the javelin cage time will only tell. Thankyou Marwan your the man!

rangerg
Approved Member

Post by rangerg »

the javelin cage - sign me up, please think about it Marwan

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

rangerg wrote:the javelin cage - sign me up, please think about it Marwan
X3 in green/aqua PLZ!
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Make one in white so I can dye it blue! ;)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

CNA75
Approved Member

Post by CNA75 »

Received my tyres today. They are top quality! Really not much, if any, difference to the originals. Well done, Marwan :!: 8)

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

A thought about that the newer tires are softer then the originals. Marwans tires are brand new and the original tires have been stored for 20 years and should be dryad out and hard, ore is I wrong thinking this? :D
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Hcp22 wrote:A thought about that the newer tires are softer then the originals. Marwans tires are brand new and the original tires have been stored for 20 years and should be dryad out and hard, ore is I wrong thinking this? :D
I had a set of originals (sent to treehugger in a trade) that were stored all these years in a Ziplock bag. They were still nice and soft, and didn't even have the gray tire-rot. However, I didn't have a repro set to compare with, and I no longer have the originals. Paul (treehugger) should buy a set of repros and do a comparison. :)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

CNA75
Approved Member

Post by CNA75 »

I have originals in mint condition, as well as my repro's now. I'll post up some pics of the two together so all can see....

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

I believe it’s impossible to preserve tires for 20 years even in a “Ziplock” bag, I think you need something more hi-tech! But you defiantly are slowing down the process! But this is academic discussion; the god thing is that Marwan had produced new soft OT-30 tires to us all! :D
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

treehugger
Approved Member

Post by treehugger »

Coelacanth wrote:
Hcp22 wrote:A thought about that the newer tires are softer then the originals. Marwans tires are brand new and the original tires have been stored for 20 years and should be dryad out and hard, ore is I wrong thinking this? :D
I had a set of originals (sent to treehugger in a trade) that were stored all these years in a Ziplock bag. They were still nice and soft, and didn't even have the gray tire-rot. However, I didn't have a repro set to compare with, and I no longer have the originals. Paul (treehugger) should buy a set of repros and do a comparison. :)
i have them ready for a couple of scorpion based buggy's coming up ,they are still soft though .

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Hcp22 wrote:I believe it’s impossible to preserve tires for 20 years even in a “Ziplock” bag, I think you need something more hi-tech! But you defiantly are slowing down the process! But this is academic discussion; the god thing is that Marwan had produced new soft OT-30 tires to us all! :D
Well, a Ziplock bag (or anything else that provides a more or less air-tight seal) isolates the tires from the elements. A few other tires that I just stored in boxes did not endure the decades as successfully. Let's face it, storing tires and plastic/rubber parts in a Ziplock bag is a pretty cost-effective way of keeping them relatively fresh. My Optima parts from the mid 80's look brand-new.

And, to further illustrate the point, why do you think people charge so much for unopened "NIP" items from 20-plus years ago? Because they haven't aged much. ;)

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

I agree, I have several Pro-Line truck tires 15-20 years old still in sealed bags, and they are still sticky! 8)
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

Received my set of these repro tyres from Marwan a day or so ago. While we are blessed to have these items available at such a good price I can certainly say these items are not equal to the originals.

By no means am I complaining but some observations of the items I received were as follows,
Smell- there's this real perculiar chemical smell like nothing I can say I've smelt from rubber tyres before. Hard to put into words but very very weird.
Spike alignment- it seems the two inner rows don't stand quit straight up but rather lean inwards a little. Not sure why this is but just reporting on what I have here in front of me.

Neither of these things should put anyone off buying these tyres and as a matter of fact I will be buying another set for my stock Zerda cause these tyres fit right onto those rims and look a treat! Seriously can't wait to see the big spikes in action with the Sand Super lettering painted in white. Oh yeah!!

Thanks again Marwan, I'm very happy.
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980

SMOKE-DOG
Approved Member

Post by SMOKE-DOG »

mugenbulldog wrote:What gives? There's now also a guy from Spain selling them on ebay for about the same price as Marwan... Seems like too big a coincidence for them to have independently decided to reproduce them at the same time. Anyway there's a cool picture of an Optima sitting on top of a mountain of tires in the ebay listing.
I saw that too!
Then found this:

http://theoptimahouse.blogspot.com/

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

Amazing… :shock:
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback