Paypal accounts

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

fastang
Approved Member

Paypal accounts

Post by fastang »

I think you guys finally forced me to get a pp account :wink:

I have a few questions. Is there a way to set up an account that doesnt require a credit card #? Some of you know I have been selling chassis lately and was wondering if I could set up an account and the sale of the chassis could build up the pp account. In other words I don't want to use a cc for the account, just build it up selling stuff. Is this possible?

Second, How do the fees get paid? Do they just take it out of the account? Is it a flat fee per transaction or is it based on the $$$ amount? Anything else I need to know about the fees?

Third, How do you "cash out"? Say I sell something for $1000 and it goes into the pp account. I want to use this money to pay bills etc. How do I get the funds?

Sorry for all the dumb questions. I just don't know about this stuff. Im sure its alot easier than I think it is. I just don't want to get myself in trouble.

Any more cautions, tips, tricks, you can add are appreciated.

Thanks much!

RC10resto

Re: Paypal accounts

Post by RC10resto »

Lot's of questions - have you gone to the PayPal site to get answers?
I think that you need a CC to secure your PP account, but you don't have to use it just have to have one.
PP takes a percentage of the sale price and a little more if they have to convert the money - foreign deal.
PP gives you a few options to get your money out in any denomination you choose - I transfer to my bank account, 3-5 days and no fee.
All of this is pretty easy to do - especially if you have had as much practice as me :roll:
Sign up it makes life much easier (but I still think they take too much money :twisted: )

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

Cooool now I can pay you for the chassis.

You can start with a free account which lets you cash in ... I think 4 sales per year (lucky you: just cash in 4 this year and 4 next year).
The free account lets you pay others as many times as you like.
Should you want to sell more items per year you can switch to the paying account which is based on a yearly fee plus per sale percentage.
For charges: it roughly goes like this: 2.5% per payment you receive does not end up on your account but in their pocket. (I believe it's 5% for the free account). Offcourse you charge the extra cost into your sale for people who want to pay through paypal

When you start to activate the account it will deduct a 5$ payment from your Credit Card. Your Credit card overview will then show this transaction with a code next to it. This code you'll use to fully activate the pp account on their site. Sounds complicated but it works fine; just needs a bit of time. Oh, and the 5$ returns to you; I don't remember how but it does; probably as credits on the account.

uzzi
Approved Member

Post by uzzi »

You can connect your pp account with your bank account if you do not want to use your cc. However, if you want to use it to purchase items it will take a few days to clear e.g E-checks