team blue groove

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

treehugger
Approved Member

team blue groove

Post by treehugger »

http://cgi.ebay.com/KYOSHO-LAZER-ZX-R-ZXR-BODY-vintage-optima-gallop_W0QQitemZ150400823781QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio_Control_Vehicles?hash=item23049671e5

i idnt know where to post this one its not off topic but ive heard diferent views on lexan repos and i know there are a few people that produce diferent bodys in this forum the one thing i have been looking for since my getting back into the cars is a kyosho lazer body it was my first car of ebay about 8 months ago i now have three and a half lazers and only one and half bodys well im waffleing on so my question is is team blue groove any good i have never boufgt anything from them but they are the first to prouduce one i know marwan said about a year and i dont know about mr lex ?

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Re: team blue groove

Post by klavy69 »

From what the forums are saying is that the quality of the 'lexan' isn't up to running it hard. If it was for a shelfer and no one else was doin it I'd be up for one but until the 'masses' start to say better things about the durability of their bodies I've been staying clear of them myself.
Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

Doc J33P
Approved Member

Post by Doc J33P »

Having owned one for a shelfer I would still never buy another one again. They are crap and not proportional but what do I know, lol.
35 years of RC and still broke!

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

I am considering getting one of their Samurai bodies-- regardless of quality as I have some paypal funds sitting there. :lol:
I'll let you know if I do get it.
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

I am considering getting one of the Optima Mid shells since I don't believe that either Marwan or Mr Lex makes one. (hint, hint) :wink:
Gary

HotRodJosh
Approved Member

Post by HotRodJosh »

I've been looking at those Mid bodies as well....will need one, that is once I round up the rest of the parts needed for the Mid. :o
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription.....is more cowbell."
Pinstriping by Josh

murphy3428
Approved Member

Post by murphy3428 »

RedScampi wrote:I am considering getting one of the Optima Mid shells since I don't believe that either Marwan or Mr Lex makes one. (hint, hint) :wink:
Don't waste your money on the optima mid bodies they are junk, they have all kinds of defects air bubbles absolutley no cut lines I suggest you wait for a more qualified person like marwan or mr lexan...... trust me his bodies are not worth the aggravation

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

The only reason I am considering one myself is that Samurai bodies are very HTF and for about $20 I'm willing to take the risk. I think the last NIB one I watched on eBay went for over $80-- and it's two tiny bits of lexan. :shock:
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

RedScampi wrote:I am considering getting one of the Optima Mid shells since I don't believe that either Marwan or Mr Lex makes one. (hint, hint) :wink:
I have a couple that can be used as donors, but time is not easy to come by. He obviously does his repros/chassis/etcs for a living and has the time. For me, career/bills come first, then the wife, and then free time to do what I can with. If you guys can wait, wait, if not, I would understand.
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

civilguy wrote:The only reason I am considering one myself is that Samurai bodies are very HTF and for about $20 I'm willing to take the risk. I think the last NIB one I watched on eBay went for over $80-- and it's two tiny bits of lexan. :shock:
You might want to contact Thomas (BUGLE) on this forum with regards to a Samurai repro set. He made a mold from the bodyset I had and has a plug ready to go from what I hear. Thomas uses quality lexan so there is a better reason to go with hi right there.
Cheers-Jason.
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980

treehugger
Approved Member

Post by treehugger »

Q
so i know the answer aklready having lived in the US of A for 8 years but why would someone go to all the trouble and time to prouduce the mold for a rare car body and then use crappy lexan ]

A
$$$$$$$$$ :evil:

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

murphy3428 wrote:
Don't waste your money on the optima mid bodies they are junk, they have all kinds of defects air bubbles absolutley no cut lines I suggest you wait for a more qualified person like marwan or mr lexan...... trust me his bodies are not worth the aggravation
I actually bought one of the JRX2 bodies before there were other options. I agree that the quality of these is substandard. Mine had bubbles, indistinct cut lines and softened body character lines. On top of that there's no film covering or window masks. I would only buy one of these if I thought it was the only option.

After thinking this through I believe that I'll wait. The Optima Mid is way down the list anyway. :lol:
Gary

Bugle
Approved Member

Post by Bugle »

bormac wrote:
civilguy wrote:The only reason I am considering one myself is that Samurai bodies are very HTF and for about $20 I'm willing to take the risk. I think the last NIB one I watched on eBay went for over $80-- and it's two tiny bits of lexan. :shock:
You might want to contact Thomas (BUGLE) on this forum with regards to a Samurai repro set. He made a mold from the bodyset I had and has a plug ready to go from what I hear. Thomas uses quality lexan so there is a better reason to go with hi right there.
Cheers-Jason.
Yea gotta give you one to try out on your samurai. Was just waiting til I had the other wing moulds made to form them all at once.
From the pic it looks like they lost a bit of detail on the wing, looks like it's missing the step where it curves up.

Kyosho Fan2
Approved Member

Post by Kyosho Fan2 »

Have you guys bought the mid shell or zxs shell from kamtec. Better quality than the originals as its thicker plastic lexan and last a lot longer, i know as mines two years old and was the first zx-s shell he made and its still going strong and being pictured in various sites. Ive been told he has a zxr shell he is making a mold from so should be available sooner rather than later. He also does other kyosho shells and other brands too so hope this helps you out.

www.kamtec.co.uk

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

If you guys want Kyosho products today, go with Marwankw on ebay. His stuff is priced right and the quality is really good. He doesn't have anything listed right now, but shoot him a message, he'll get back to you. He also successfully sells on TC. Yeah it comes from overseas, but he gets it to you quick.

ebay: http://shop.ebay.com/marwankw/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340
Tamiya Club: http://www.tamiyaclub.com/trades.asp?id=5484

Make your own judgements, based on the comments from everyone on this forum, the better alternatives are:

marwankw/integra fan = Any and all Kyosho products
Brandon G = ProX, JRX Pro SE, JRX Pro
mrlexan = http://www.rc10talk.com/viewforum.php?f=58
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com