Thanks for the insight everyone

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Tubs

Thanks for the insight everyone

Post by Tubs »

Thank you everyone for the reply's. Everyone definitely has showed me it would be worth it to just build a buggy, a truck can wait. I am starting to get an idea of what I have. Its a really nice buggy and it could be a learning experience to just build it the way it is. Now does anyone have any ideas on were I should start?

Thanks
Justin
Attachments
rc5.jpg
rc4.jpg
rc3.jpg
rc2.jpg
rc1.jpg

Jay Dub
Approved Member

Re: Could I get some help with conversions please

Post by Jay Dub »

Well it apears that is has never been run (or close to). I would bet that someone here would gladly trade you a good truck chassis (or any other platform you wish) for that chassis. I don't know how rare they are, but it would be sad to modify a perfectly good Composite Craft chassis to make it a short wheelbase truck (if this is what you are after). If you are just after putting a truck bulkhead on the front, then I don't know if it will fit properly with the existing holes, even if it is cut down? I am sure someone else more knowledgeable on this subject will chime in though.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Jay Dub wrote:Well it apears that is has never been run (or close to). I would bet that someone here would gladly trade you a good truck chassis (or any other platform you wish) for that chassis. I don't know how rare they are, but it would be sad to modify a perfectly good Composite Craft chassis to make it a short wheelbase truck (if this is what you are after). If you are just after putting a truck bulkhead on the front, then I don't know if it will fit properly with the existing holes, even if it is cut down? I am sure someone else more knowledgeable on this subject will chime in though.
x2
That car is in great condition and a very nice piece even in lesser condition. I would clean it up and keep it exactly as is. You can pick up a cheap truck on ebay ending about every other hour. Sorry to give an opinion instead of answering the question, but I'd hate to see that chassis eat it.
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

fastang
Approved Member

Post by fastang »

Jay Dub wrote:Well it apears that is has never been run (or close to). I would bet that someone here would gladly trade you a good truck chassis (or any other platform you wish) for that chassis. I don't know how rare they are, but it would be sad to modify a perfectly good Composite Craft chassis to make it a short wheelbase truck (if this is what you are after). If you are just after putting a truck bulkhead on the front, then I don't know if it will fit properly with the existing holes, even if it is cut down? I am sure someone else more knowledgeable on this subject will chime in though.

:lol: Offer sent!

Same exact thing I told him.

fastang
Approved Member

Re: Thanks for the insight everyone

Post by fastang »

The only thing I would do to it is take it apart and clean it up. There are a bunch of posts on how to clean the white stuff.

WillyThickfoot
Approved Member

Post by WillyThickfoot »

Keep it! Thats an minty lookin chassis and I may be wrong but I think its worth alot more that any truck.hit ebay and buy a truck or buy one here if you can.Clean that car up and enjoy it.My 2 cents :wink:

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

Tubs wrote: Now does anyone have any ideas on were I should start?
Justin,
tighten down the steering screw, put the electronics in it and run it...thats where I would start :mrgreen:

nice lookin buggy.
Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

Jay Dub
Approved Member

Post by Jay Dub »

Well, if you are going to run it, then at least put a chassis protector on it (they are cheap enough, and the AE sheets can do 2 chassis). It will keep the chassis in good condition for longer, and keep dirt out of the heads of the screws. The protector does make maintenance a BIATCH though :roll: . -Jeff

treehugger
Approved Member

Post by treehugger »

WillyThickfoot wrote:Keep it! Thats an minty lookin chassis and I may be wrong but I think its worth alot more that any truck.hit ebay and buy a truck or buy one here if you can.Clean that car up and enjoy it.My 2 cents :wink:

x2 keep it

Tubs

Post by Tubs »

I have never heard of a chassis protector. I definitely think that is a great idea. I have started taking the car apart already, is that protector like a sticker that goes on the chassis to add an extra layer of protection? I cant wait to be able to drive it, I have been without a runner for to long.

treehugger
Approved Member

Post by treehugger »

i know its hard but strip it clean it and shelve it you can pick up a beater of the bay or the guys here will sort you out with a runner it would be a shame to scratch up such a nice example the protecter only dose so much !

Paul

lexus-5
Approved Member

Post by lexus-5 »

treehugger wrote:i know its hard but strip it clean it and shelve it you can pick up a beater of the bay or the guys here will sort you out with a runner it would be a shame to scratch up such a nice example the protecter only dose so much !

Paul
Paul, I think you've got some other projects going that you need to finish...don't you? We have been waiting for pictures. I don't want to have to hunt you down in another topic posting to request an update... :lol:
Remember it's either a runner or a shelfer. Everything else is just parts.

Check out my Gallery for more Collection Pictures http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=20697