Thumbnails Are Cool!!!!

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Whiskers
Approved Member

Thumbnails Are Cool!!!!

Post by Whiskers »

There are some people that along with not being able to spend unlimited amounts of money on e-bay, also still deal with dial-up, I live out in BFE, and I'm not going to spend $100 extra a month to have DSL. I'm sure there are other people in that boat.

Be considerate of those that might not be as rich as you! If you have noticed, when I post pics, I post them as "THUMBNAILS"!!! If you want a better look, then you can click on it, and get the bigger view.

Sorry for ranting, NO I'm not, it needed to be said.

FlyinGN
Approved Member

Post by FlyinGN »

I pay $14.95 a month for Verizon dsl. Less then what I was paying (29.95) for aol dial up.. thats one thing good about living in an urban area..

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Post by justinspeed79 »

I always use thumbnails Whiskers. :wink:

DV8ion
Approved Member

Post by DV8ion »

Or maybe we should just post a warning in the title of our post, like most other boards i.e (56k warning go have a beer) LOL. But all joking aside I am at my inlaws house right now (easter weekend) in BFN and am using the slowest connection I've been on in years, and the oldest computer to (pen. III 1ghz) and I must say that it isn't all that bad (my post in the Stealth Trans thread w/ my big a** pic only took 45 sec to download. So if you are having lots of trouble then you might want to give your PC a tune up. Just my $0.02.

Whiskers
Approved Member

Post by Whiskers »

DV8ion wrote:Or maybe we should just post a warning in the title of our post, like most other boards i.e (56k warning go have a beer) LOL. But all joking aside I am at my inlaws house right now (easter weekend) in BFN and am using the slowest connection I've been on in years, and the oldest computer to (pen. III 1ghz) and I must say that it isn't all that bad (my post in the Stealth Trans thread w/ my big a** pic only took 45 sec to download. So if you are having lots of trouble then you might want to give your PC a tune up. Just my $0.02.
Send me the money BRO! :D :lol:

I'm still at a 500 meg processor. :) Also, 256 meg RAM, My hard drive is a 20 gig (updated) I'm running a hot rod e-machine, (at least as hotrodded as my computer guy could make it.) (I'm still kissing his ass for all the time he spent) It's a 500is if you wanna know.

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Post by justinspeed79 »

LOL. I'm using a PII computer with an 8 gig hard drive and upgraded to 198 meg ram. It's an old gateway that came out when Windows 98 first came out, and I'm still running W98. Basically, my cell phone is more powerful than my desktop. :lol:

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

i'm using a computer............................that's all i know about it. :lol:

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

i know how to do thumbnails...

but it literally takes me like 10 times as long. i gotta say the extra time i save doing a bunch of cut and paste mumbo jumbo is worth alot more than your time just sitting there and waiting for it to load.

however, i do optimize my images in photoshop before i upload them.

DV8ion
Approved Member

Post by DV8ion »

Whiskers wrote:
DV8ion wrote:Or maybe we should just post a warning in the title of our post, like most other boards i.e (56k warning go have a beer) LOL. But all joking aside I am at my inlaws house right now (easter weekend) in BFN and am using the slowest connection I've been on in years, and the oldest computer to (pen. III 1ghz) and I must say that it isn't all that bad (my post in the Stealth Trans thread w/ my big a** pic only took 45 sec to download. So if you are having lots of trouble then you might want to give your PC a tune up. Just my $0.02.
Send me the money BRO! :D :lol:

I'm still at a 500 meg processor. :) Also, 256 meg RAM, My hard drive is a 20 gig (updated) I'm running a hot rod e-machine, (at least as hotrodded as my computer guy could make it.) (I'm still kissing his ass for all the time he spent) It's a 500is if you wanna know.
The way I see it is that I just bought the father in-law that computer, they had a PII 266, it cost me a whole whooping $109.78 after tax and that is in CDN funds, so about $50 USD LOL Whens the last time some of you guys spent $50-$100 on RC crap???? With those $$$ you could update your computer systems. I don't know maybe it must just be me, I buy a new system every other year and spend the extra $30 a month on DSL because I find my time doing other stuff is worth the extra $$$ spent on my computer (so I can surf the net at a million miles a second LOL )
I'll keep you guys in mind though when I upgrade. I usually just sell the old system off cheap.

Tadracket
Approved Member

Post by Tadracket »

I teach PC building and repair part time at night and some of those students build crazy duel core PCs for under $1000. I paid over $3000 each for all 3 of my PCs in their day and the new stuff just does not compare. You can buy a PC from Dell for $300 that will smoke. Time waits for no man. Dial-up is dead. It's time to update my friend. Check around for broadband service. The competition around here is fierce. DSL is $29 a month max.
He's an idiot. Comes from upbringing. His parents are probably idiots too.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

i dunno how it is nowadays since i've lived in the big city for about 10 years. but before that i lived in a town of 400 people. we were actually 10 miles out of town with out nearest neighbors like 4 or 5 miles away.

anyway, internet service out to those areas back then was a joke, it was dial up or nothing. i dont think satellite was around back then, but i aint for sure since i'm not much of a tech head.

RC10WORLD
Approved Member

Post by RC10WORLD »

I use this XP free add-ons to resize pictures.

Look for "Image Resizer" here...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

:wink:
RC10WORLD

atomic-carbon
Approved Member

Post by atomic-carbon »

Mannekenpis, just installed "Image Resizer" that is a very handy program saves me firing up Photoshop, and good that you can also do custom sizes as well.