RC10 / MMS / Schumacher 4WD

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Synchrocnc
Approved Member

RC10 / MMS / Schumacher 4WD

Post by Synchrocnc »

Hello again,

Just putting the pics back up of the MMS Schumacher RC10 after it was deleted by the crash, once again thanks to Charles (CNA75) for recommending this forum to me and thanks for all the previous comments. There was a post with some magazine articles about this conversion and it would be great if you could re-post these.

I believe it was made by Alan Stewart of Model Motor Sport (MMS) who were the people that made the white nylon drum diffs for the Schumacher CATs.

If anyone has and info on this car then please let me know.

Cheers

Alan
Attachments
rc10before1.jpg
When I received the car, Without instructions !!!
rc10before1.jpg (50.34 KiB) Viewed 1885 times
rc10before1.jpg (50.34 KiB) Viewed 1885 times
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG
10.JPG
11.JPG
12.JPG

CNA75
Approved Member

Re: RC10 / MMS / Schumacher 4WD

Post by CNA75 »

Alan - reckon you have an extremely rare gem there. The only 4WD conversion for the RC10 that I was aware of were the MIP kits. So I reckon this one's very unique!

I also wanted to reiterate your request for the relevant member to re-post the magazine article which reviewed your MMS 4WD RC10 conversion above. Please could the relevant member do so.

I caught a glimpse of the posted srticle on this thread before the forum crashed and would greatly appreciate it being re-posted as I didn't get the chance to read it (and it seemed very informative).

Dirtdiver
Approved Member

Post by Dirtdiver »

Very nice!
The MMS conversion is new to me.

jeroen206
Approved Member

Post by jeroen206 »

http://www.retromodelisme.com/scan_pages/16233/championnat-deurope-tt-1-10-autriche-poertschach-page-34.html
Look at page 4

I have seen a article off this car before , but can't find it .

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

Wow... thats pretty mad! - it certainly looks like the same conversion shown in that French Eurochamp report. I must admit i've never heard of the conversion before... but I seem to remember seeing an RC10 with similar 'lightening mods' on ebay recently.

Great find & thanks for sharing :)

P.S I bet theres quite a bit of slack in those front 'C' hubs.... & bumpsteer from the angle of the steering levers?

Synchrocnc
Approved Member

Post by Synchrocnc »

Thanks for the comments.

Jeroen, Thanks for the link, A guy posted some pics before which were similar but lower res and these included a review which might be the article you have seen. The car wasn't in the final of the 87 Euro's I notice.

Dan, There were 2 cars on ebay recently both from the same seller, one was this car and the other seemed to have a similar lightened chassis but no 4wd parts at all, I missed the other car. Supprisingly the C hubs have very little play but the rear hubs do! and yes it bump steers like a dodgem car :) , the car didn't have a steering system when I received it so I used some stock parts but I would love to know how the original system worked.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

From the holes in the side of the tub I would bet cash that is was a steering rack, with a reverse V shape to it, it's the only thing that would eliminate the bump in that set-up

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

Charlie don't surf wrote:From the holes in the side of the tub I would bet cash that is was a steering rack, with a reverse V shape to it, it's the only thing that would eliminate the bump in that set-up
Yup, my thought exactly. And if you look closely at the pic in the French magazine, you can actually see it. Nice and quite unique proto car!

Synchrocnc
Approved Member

Post by Synchrocnc »

Well spotted, I didn't notice that. If only I had a top view.

There also seems to be a belt guide on the top.

CNA75
Approved Member

Post by CNA75 »

Not wishing to labour this thread but I'd thought I'd put in one final plea for the member who previously posted a scan of an article on this car before the thread was recently wiped due to technical problems with the site.

If that member reads this thread, please could he/she re-post the article? (sorry, can't remember which member it was).

Thanks.

laidback777

Post by laidback777 »

Hi, it was made by mms using the early Schumacher cat running gear, not sure how many Alan sold but we had 3 of them at our club in the late eighties…… the club was YORCC …. York, North Yorkshire "……… sorry no photos, have been looking for one for years…