a little update, and pics of my AE dual sport

RC10/12/100/200/250/300/500/Dual Sport
General discussion, builds/restorations etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

scollins
Approved Member

a little update, and pics of my AE dual sport

Post by scollins »

Hi guys,

Its been a while since I have been goofin around on this great site. My hybrid RC10 think tank is still in full force and I am happy to report that my Scorcher RC10 and my "Stealth Grasshopper" are proving to be durable and head-turning runners at the local park by my house. Not to mention the confused look on other RC drivers' faces. Love it, wouldn't change a thing.

Also, I wanted you to know I may be off the RC hobby (unfortunately) for a while due to some new priorities I have given myself- :wink: :(

I am currently re-thinking my current job as a senior automotive designer in Detroit and looking at new design jobs, possibly outside the state of Michigan. This means serious time to dedicate to my portfolio, bringing it up to snuff and updating it. It takes a lot of work, lots of time in Photoshop formatting everything, etc..... and keeping the wife happy about a potential move at the same time. :shock:

Have not had to do this since I quit working as a designer for one of the major ATV companies in 2003 after 5 long years there..... So, I gotta kick myself in the ass and get busy....... in the meantime here are a couple detail shots of my mint runner Dual Sport (I have a NIB Associated Camaro body to go with it too) if I in fact get into a position where I have to move, this car will get posted for sale in the B/S/T section. Stay good guys, keep up the great work and I will check in with you when I have time over the next couple months.......scollins
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (162.53 KiB) Viewed 2043 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (162.53 KiB) Viewed 2043 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (164.12 KiB) Viewed 2044 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (164.12 KiB) Viewed 2044 times
When in doubt, throttle out ...... scollins

Tadracket
Approved Member

Post by Tadracket »

If you will take trades, I have a wife and a new lawn mower I'll trade you :lol:

Keep in touch when possible and keep the rubber side down.
He's an idiot. Comes from upbringing. His parents are probably idiots too.

scollins
Approved Member

Thanks Tad!

Post by scollins »

Thanks Tad-

I really would like to spend the time on RC10talk and TamiyaClub like I am accustomed to, but I gotta get my priorities in line. I am hungry to move on and learn new things as the car design thing can be quite a place to get burned out.

Selling a few RC's off to help get me focused back on my career stuff....

I did sell off a bunch of my RC cars lately to generate some spending money for a major motorcycle trip at the end of May. I am going to ride my trusty SV650 over to the AMA Superbike race at Road America in Wisconsin with an old friend of mine on his Suzuki V-Strom and my Dad following us with his Celica GTS carrying all of our stuff! SWEET!. My riding gear was all worn out. Between a new helmet, new front tire, new riding jacket, with tickets and lodging I spent well over a grand so far.... :x YIKES!

That explains why I wanted a good amount for my mint hopped up RC10 I posted last month on the B/S/T section........

As for the wife and the lawnmower in trade for my Dual Sport, only if the wife that comes with the mower will cut the lawn!
When in doubt, throttle out ...... scollins

Tadracket
Approved Member

Re: Thanks Tad!

Post by Tadracket »

scollins wrote:....only if the wife that comes with the mower will cut the lawn!
To be truthful, that is about all she is good for :lol: :lol:
Just kidding. She's cool.

Man, I would love to catch a Superbike race in the flesh. A friend of mine lived in Cali and road to Laguna Seca every year with his dad and brother for the AMA Superbike races. AMA is cool but I was hooked on SBK for several years. Too many changes now and with the Moto GP taking on 4-stroke, I think SBK may be seeing darker days. My favorite track has always been Monza Italy.

But with 2 little kids now, my biking days are over. Maybe one day I will buy a Harley but the 12R is on its way out the garage. I have not road it in over 2 years. Why keep it.

Have a blast dude and keep in touch.
He's an idiot. Comes from upbringing. His parents are probably idiots too.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

i know all about the portfolio stuff dude, i've been working on mine here and there but i always end up slacking and by the time i get back to it i change it all.

good luck dude.

rc10DS fan
Approved Member

Re: a little update, and pics of my AE dual sport

Post by rc10DS fan »

nice ride. just picked up a used roller myself added a stang body and bat cup i needed

pic of my DS,

hugger19
Approved Member

Re: a little update, and pics of my AE dual sport

Post by hugger19 »

sweet ds!!!

bearrickster
Approved Member

Re:

Post by bearrickster »

Tadracket wrote:If you will take trades, I have a wife and a new lawn mower I'll trade you :lol:

Keep in touch when possible and keep the rubber side down.
So what does the Wife look Like?? it cant be good If he's giving her away :? unless she fall under the Rule? They do say no matter how good she looks theirs a guy tired of putting up with her Sh*T? That is a good looking car? so lets see some pictures to see if its a fair trade?
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714