New Dual Sport project

RC10/12/100/200/250/300/500/Dual Sport
General discussion, builds/restorations etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

markt311
Approved Member

New Dual Sport project

Post by markt311 »

I went out to the track to do some testing on my VONATS buggy tonight, I picked this car up from the track owner. He's got a bunch of old cars in his shop, the common thread of them all is they are all dirty.

This one has some interesting parts on it, I think I'm going to get some HPI trans am tires to try out once I get it cleaned up and roadworthy.
Attachments
P8142064.JPG
P8142066.JPG
P8142067.JPG
Mark

Aaaaahhhh crap! I'm about to get passed by that orange truck!

tizeye
Approved Member

Re: New Dual Sport project

Post by tizeye »

Nice score..damn they are nice looking cars..

reign79
Approved Member

Post by reign79 »

Nice pick up that thing looks sweeet 8)
Ryan

fastang
Approved Member

Post by fastang »

Looks like a worlds buggy turned into a DS. Since the worlds buggy is so rare, I would turn it back into a buggy and find a fairly common DS to do what you want with.

clinehobbies
Approved Member

Post by clinehobbies »

I have had a few DS cars that came with the Worlds milled tub in the box when I got them new. Every once in awhile I will get one in trade that has the worlds chassis. Thought this was common knowledge. ut his one looks like it was converted from a worlds buggy to me.
Have a nice day! :)

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

What are the differences between a black RC10 tub and the standard DS tub ? been looking for a DS tub for awhile and sometimes see black RC10 tubs on the bay..
Pete

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

clinehobbies wrote:I have had a few DS cars that came with the Worlds milled tub in the box when I got them new. Every once in awhile I will get one in trade that has the worlds chassis. Thought this was common knowledge. ut his one looks like it was converted from a worlds buggy to me.
x2.

aeiou
Approved Member

Post by aeiou »

Other than the rare milled tub, those kits generally came with either a B or C chassis.

Based on the smattering of white parts, I’d be willing to bet it’s a conversion as well. Either way, that’s a nice find 311.

fastang
Approved Member

Post by fastang »

scr8p wrote:
clinehobbies wrote:I have had a few DS cars that came with the Worlds milled tub in the box when I got them new. Every once in awhile I will get one in trade that has the worlds chassis. Thought this was common knowledge. ut his one looks like it was converted from a worlds buggy to me.
x2.
Really!? I never knew that. I always thought they just had the standard black tub. Were they hard anodized like the worlds or just powder coated?

I guess I will have to start looking closer at the DS's on Ebay. Could be a cheap way to aquire another worlds buggy.

There seems to be alot of NIB DS'd on the bay, Is there any way to tell what chassis it has without opening the box?

87fierogt
Approved Member

Post by 87fierogt »

wait worlds milled tubs are rare!?!?!? :oops: i just sold one with my modded gold tub for 80$
speed r/c taking car of all your rebuilds/restore/used and new custom builds/and anything in between pm me for quotes and`pics of previous builds

lowrydesign
Approved Member

Post by lowrydesign »

87fierogt wrote:wait worlds milled tubs are rare!?!?!? :oops: i just sold one with my modded gold tub for 80$
should have taken a pic of the other side of the chassis...

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

87fierogt wrote:wait worlds milled tubs are rare!?!?!? :oops: i just sold one with my modded gold tub for 80$
well, i guess you should've taken a pic of it from the top too. you probably would've got more for your auction.

i wouldn't say that worlds tubs are all that rare. finding a brand new one....... ya. beat up, used world tubs....... not all that hard to find.

87fierogt
Approved Member

Post by 87fierogt »

im still learning on this older stuff as when i owned my first hell i didnt have a clue what it was besides an rc10 but i knew i was happy :D . oh well ya live an ya learn someone else got a good deal on everything i had i put a few bucks in my pocket for the next project i love buildin em not so much runnin now since the local shops shut down
speed r/c taking car of all your rebuilds/restore/used and new custom builds/and anything in between pm me for quotes and`pics of previous builds

markt311
Approved Member

Post by markt311 »

I got inspired to do some cleaning tonight. I'll be moving into a new house in the next few weeks, so I figured if I didn't do it now it will be a while before I can do this car the justice it deserves.

Looking at it in detail tonight, it's clear to me this was an early Worlds Car that was converted over to a DS. I put the graphite tranny brace on my VONATS car. After the race next month I'll probably swap some parts around to make my own version of a Worlds RC10. This car will be making the trip with me too.

I really like the trans gasket, it cleaned up ok, not sure what company made it. The diff is buttery smooth now, the inside of the trans looks near new and the chassis is really the only rough part on the car. It's far from being junk though. Just looks like someone was in a hurry to get their electronics out.
Attachments
P8152070.JPG
cleaned up nicely
cleaned up nicely
nice shot, the body is in good shape, in minor crack in the front
nice shot, the body is in good shape, in minor crack in the front
P8152073.JPG
Mark

Aaaaahhhh crap! I'm about to get passed by that orange truck!

Drusky
Approved Member

Post by Drusky »

I like that trans gasket too, I imagine you could make more of em with some pinkfoam and a hotwire cutter. Nice clean up job Mark.