RC10 Graphite Vid

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

superfly
Approved Member

RC10 Graphite Vid

Post by superfly »

I recently got this vid from my buddy that shot it a few years ago. I had just taken my rc10 graphite that i had under my bed (literally) for oh around 15yrs or so and decided to run it at this track that my friends had made for their gas trucks.

The car in the vid has: 16 turn double kyosho mega motor, rear tires and rims from a TurboScorpion, Mc112b futaba esc with reverse, 1200 SCR NiCad battery (15yrs old +)

Futaba Magnum JR AM radio, and everything else was completely stock as it came in the Graphite kit - 6 gear tranny, gold shocks etc...

I dont even think the shocks had full loads of oil if i remember...like i said i was just playing around and had no idea that a few years later i would be spending 1000's getting fully into collecting and racing RC cars...

Just listen to the scream of that old 6 gear that hadnt turned a lap in anger in years and enjoy my first run in a long time... :D

PS excuse the driving it had been a long time LOL I'm better now 8)

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

pretty cool dude.

i winced everytime it cased the little doubles, i can just see the nose getting buggered up a little each time. :wink:

Synergy
Approved Member

Post by Synergy »

That does encourage me to sort a runner, apparently there's quite a well supported vintage class a a club not too far from me, I think I might go and play :)
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Here's my TC Showroom
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=18028

SUPERDAD
Approved Member

Post by SUPERDAD »

Yup, six gear made a distinctive sound, kinda reminded me of a gear driven cam setup in a friends' old Z/28. With a set of 48 pitch Thorp gears and a 48 pitch spur and pinion, most of the whine went away, but I always kinda liked it! 8)
"Sometimes in life, you ain't gotta like it. You just gotta do it." Quote from my own SUPERDAD. RIP 5/10/14

carloco8

Post by carloco8 »

Looks like fun! Gotta love the six-gear-trans, especially if you participate in a strict pre-90's racing class lol.

knucklebuster
Approved Member

Post by knucklebuster »

Cool video!
SUPERDAD wrote:Yup, six gear made a distinctive sound, kinda reminded me of a gear driven cam setup in a friends' old Z/28. With a set of 48 pitch Thorp gears and a 48 pitch spur and pinion, most of the whine went away, but I always kinda liked it! 8)
I remember tearing it down as a child after I got it together. My dad and I thought something had to be wrong.

Superdad, I was just up in your neck of the woods... St. George.